TRN impressions thread
May 5, 2019 at 10:31 AM Post #31 of 3,805
Not to dissapoint you, but I'm new to this audiophile thing. Previously I just use ZST for almost two year without any knowledge regarding iem. I just bought it and it sound nice, so I stick with it. Just recently I get deeper and want to learn into this whole chi-fi world. TBH, I still don't understand what most people are saying when they describing when they listening to an iem (eg. bass roll off, mid bass bleed etc.) I don't even know what sub bass sound like. I'm still learning all the audiophile term. Maybe some people will think that I make a mistake buying the X6 as my entry to the chi-fi. Maybe I do. But making mistake is part of the journey.

That’s a great attitude friend! I wish more people had such a good outlook as you do.

Don’t worry. You don’t have to learn those terms at all to enjoy headphones. Like you said, you know better than anyone if something sounds good to you or not!

We just use those terms to help describe what we hear in words. It helps others who can read about a headphone before actually hearing it.

Think about how you would describe things to a blind person (such as colors). They’ve never seen red, yellow, orange, blue, black, etc. But they know ideas like hot, cold, warm, cool, soft, hard, etc. So perhaps similar terms can be used to describe colors to them.

Last edited:
May 5, 2019 at 2:34 PM Post #32 of 3,805
I bought the first run of the IM1 Blue with silver front plate. I’ve been handling mine with kid gloves after hearing about the failing ones and now I check everytime I use them and recently found mine are starting to separate.
Basically it could finally fall off anywhere so I’ve quarantined them, ordered the glue Slater and Panda recommended so when it arrives I’ll be set. Tiamor988 you’ll find that 99.9% of the folks here genuinely want to be of help so no question is dumb, beside I already asked the dumb ones.
I asked Slater this morning about fixing the IM1 and have a plan so it should work out.
Welcome to head-fi!

May 5, 2019 at 6:14 PM Post #33 of 3,805
Not to dissapoint you, but I'm new to this audiophile thing. Previously I just use ZST for almost two year without any knowledge regarding iem. I just bought it and it sound nice, so I stick with it. Just recently I get deeper and want to learn into this whole chi-fi world. TBH, I still don't understand what most people are saying when they describing when they listening to an iem (eg. bass roll off, mid bass bleed etc.) I don't even know what sub bass sound like. I'm still learning all the audiophile term. Maybe some people will think that I make a mistake buying the X6 as my entry to the chi-fi. Maybe I do. But making mistake is part of the journey.

This honesty is what keeps the community going. Everyone is learning everyday here. Kudos to your spirit and honesty.

May 8, 2019 at 10:40 AM Post #34 of 3,805
Anyone else tried pairing the V80 with the BT20? So far nothing I have attached to the BT modules (lots of KZs, but also V20) gave me any trouble, but I received the V80 today and while it sounds fantastic wired, with the BT20 (as kinda advertized!) it has a terrible white noise / hiss ... or am I doing something wrong?

Thought I had read that a while ago somewhere, but can't find it anymore

Cheers

(update: similar, but not as bad background hiss with BT3 module ... only happens with V80 :frowning2: )

Last edited:
May 10, 2019 at 10:09 PM Post #35 of 3,805
After following the flip tip mod by @Slater here:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/flip-tips-prepare-to-have-your-mind-blown.906357/

The flip-tip Medium Starlines finally found its place back on my KZ ZSA and the Sony Triple Comforts I took off went on my TRN V10 V2.0 with extremely impressive results. A Dual-Dynamic-Coil with 2 BAs for $10...and two pairs of Sony 3x-comforts for $20? This combo makes up for many missed IEMs: the lush smoothness of the ATH-CKR100is, the stereoscopic vibrancy of the TFZ Secret Garden DD, and the timbre accuracy of the JVC FX700? Wow...

BTW, for those looking for a cheap TRN V10, but not sure if it is V1.0 or V2.0:

https://www.ebay.com/i/192423566847...MIg4G207OS4gIVApSzCh2YcQ2lEAQYAiABEgJJ0PD_BwE

Last edited:
May 11, 2019 at 5:03 PM Post #36 of 3,805
@pbui44 I purchased a TRN V10 when they first came out. Really liked the build quality and comfort but found the treble too aggressive, I like the KZ ZS6 but couldn't get used to the treble on the V10. There also seemed to be a spot in the mids where they were really recessed. I did not know that there has been a second version. Do you know if the changes in version 2 addressed these issues.

May 11, 2019 at 10:24 PM Post #37 of 3,805
@pbui44 I purchased a TRN V10 when they first came out. Really liked the build quality and comfort but found the treble too aggressive, I like the KZ ZS6 but couldn't get used to the treble on the V10. There also seemed to be a spot in the mids where they were really recessed. I did not know that there has been a second version. Do you know if the changes in version 2 addressed these issues.

Apparently TRN addressed these issues, as you need more volume to hear details. With the Sony 3x Comfort tips, the sound becomes brighter, but not as aggressive as the KZ ZS6 that I used to own. So basically, TRN dropped the impedance on the V10 V2.0.

May 12, 2019 at 8:15 AM Post #39 of 3,805
I will keep the V10-V2.0 in mind. I am currently waiting for the im1 Pro and am curious to see what changes they made. I am also hoping to see some reviews on the X6 soon which was released 2 days after I ordered the im1 Pro.
There is also TRN IM2 going to be release soon. Probably around June. That one I cannot wait to try. It have shockproof casing.

May 12, 2019 at 9:25 AM Post #41 of 3,805
did you got your X6? mine is in Norway already, i will get it tomorrow or the day after
Not yet. Probably the earliest is day after tomorrow. Unfortunately, I don't have an amp to drive the X6 yet. Maybe I'll get those next month.

May 12, 2019 at 9:32 AM Post #42 of 3,805
I've been looking at the X6. I'm a fan of the multi-BA sound, and it's high impedance- 50+ Ohms which is something my LG Quad DAC really likes.

keen to see what y'all think of it, especially if anyone is able to pair it with an LG device. as I've noticed a massive improvement with other high impedance IEMs when paired with LG's hardware.

Last edited:
May 13, 2019 at 9:00 AM Post #43 of 3,805
I am looking forward to impressions of the TRN X6, I am looking for an iem that I can use daily as I got some Oriveti NP but want something a little different now. Don't know of it would be any better, but certainly am interested in the iem :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back