TRN impressions thread
Nov 7, 2019 at 4:43 AM Post #1,321 of 3,805
Another review of the TRN BA5 on Facebook with frequency response curve: (Thai)

https://www.facebook.com/notes/รีวิวหูฟังบัดเจ็ท/รีวิว-trn-ba5/718879098523610/

in addition to that it has a nice graphical summary of all characteristics in scores

open it with google chrome browser and use the on-the-fly translation to have everything in English

caveat: impressions only in combination with a custom cable from Nicehck (16-core):

>Reviewer has matched the cable with the TRN BA5 and decided to use a pure copper wire braided with 16 of NiceHCK in this review. Therefore, please readers that understand that The commentary and diagnosis of the points in this review are mainly based on the sound received from the use of this cable.

What was the temperature of the room and % humidity???

Nov 8, 2019 at 9:29 AM Post #1,323 of 3,805
Are TRN cables now fixed, I heard there was some issue some of the strands we're not connected and stuff, I was looking to buy the TRN A2 cables for Tin T2 and Blon, and do these cable turn green?

Nov 8, 2019 at 9:39 AM Post #1,324 of 3,805
Are TRN cables now fixed, I heard there was some issue some of the strands we're not connected and stuff, I was looking to buy the TRN A2 cables for Tin T2 and Blon, and do these cable turn green?

The TRN T2 version & the new tiger stripe is okay. I had their T2 16 core cable, it was solid.

Nov 8, 2019 at 12:09 PM Post #1,327 of 3,805
TRN A2 is 4 core cable, so you don't worry about the fake wires :) Some sellers bundled them with v90, but someone in v90 review on YT say that it's worse then black stock one. T2 is honest and worth paying a bit extra.

Nov 8, 2019 at 12:19 PM Post #1,329 of 3,805
TRN A2 is 4 core cable, so you don't worry about the fake wires :) Some sellers bundled them with v90, but someone in v90 review on YT say that it's worse then black stock one. T2 is honest and worth paying a bit extra.
I don't really understand cable differences yet. Why would the A2 cable be worse than the black stock cable? I have them both, but I would have absolutely no idea which one is "better" unless someone tells me what to look for.

Nov 8, 2019 at 1:10 PM Post #1,330 of 3,805
If you don't know which one is better, so maybe A2 is not an upgrade cable :) I've never had A2 in my hand, I have a black-silver 8-core and I'm happy with them. I do not know if all the wires connected and I do not care because I hear the difference :) I also have a 16-core T2 MMCX and it is even better made, I can recommend it if someone does not mind the thickness.

Nov 8, 2019 at 3:20 PM Post #1,331 of 3,805
I don't really understand cable differences yet. Why would the A2 cable be worse than the black stock cable? I have them both, but I would have absolutely no idea which one is "better" unless someone tells me what to look for.

Usually people trust what they hear, without realizing that what we see impacts immensely what we hear. But no blind test nor graph has yet shown any difference between cables. And there's no scientific reason to back it up, why would electrons travel differently in a pure silver cable and widen the soundstage, compared to a copper cable? It makes very little sense, but the whole point is to be happy with what you have and if it works for you, even if it's all in your head well it's all good ^^

Generally and reasonably speaking, you buy a nice cable because it looks and feels nice and makes you want to use it (personally I have the same orientation for iems, the blon might sound good, I dislike its look and fit so I don't use it), if it sounds better to you, even better, but it's very unscientific.

Last edited:
Nov 10, 2019 at 11:34 AM Post #1,333 of 3,805
Hi people, nice to see a non kz, CCA or Tin thread. Just to say I took an early order of these this week and their superb and they do live up to the slightly rediculous name 'golden ears'. I've had a couple of 5 BA's before (as10 cca10) which were fine but kind of dull at times and confused in comparison taking that upper mid just makes these cleaner sounding.

Trn have been really nailing their tuning from the V80 to the far more refined V90 the ba5 leaps ahead. Was weary of the 3 30095 high frequency BA's expecting a simblant v shaped mess but oh no, its a stroke of genius. The trebles so perfectly resolved I'd put detail on par with my P1's yet with a massive high ,deap and wide soundstage positioning just so! Mids are slightly veiled so I'd describe as slightly u shaped but that just makes them more engaging imo. Bass is nicely resolved BA's so obviously no sub bass but that's fine in the most. They are slightly bright I'd describe as more crystal clear than sparkling. Beautifully resolved beautifully tuned.
Those vents do do something almost like a set of open back cans and really add to that airyness.

They look awesome I've set mine up with the TRN T1 gold and silver 8 core braided and a set of spinfit CP100's and I can bearly feel I'm wearing them.

Honestly these decimate the v90, zsx, T2, T3 and c12 maybe eventthe C16 imo unless your craving sub bass, a cleaner better represented sound throughout

Nov 10, 2019 at 11:50 AM Post #1,334 of 3,805
What a pity they used the 30095 and not the 30019 as in the V90!

Unless your a total bass head that 3 30095 configuration is a stroke of genius, I was sceptical but they've tuned the ba5 to be the best resolved treble I've heard sub £50, maybe more. Much better detail than the T3, bigger more accurate soundstage and positioning than the T2, still lovely detail in the mids, female vocals sound awesome, bass is just right for me. Trn know how to tune their multidrivers (well been a few flops) but the V80 was an exiting 4 driver and V90 a more neutral better resolved iteration. The ba5 has the excitement of the V80 but better resolution and just more awesome clarity than v90. Its the best sub 50 I've had or tried. Be gutted if go's unnoticed

Nov 10, 2019 at 11:56 AM Post #1,335 of 3,805
Unless your a total bass head that 3 30095 configuration is a stroke of genius, I was sceptical but they've tuned the ba5 to be the best resolved treble I've heard sub £50, maybe more. Much better detail than the T3, bigger more accurate soundstage and positioning than the T2, still lovely detail in the mids, female vocals sound awesome, bass is just right for me. Trn know how to tune their multidrivers (well been a few flops) but the V80 was an exiting 4 driver and V90 a more neutral better resolved iteration. The ba5 has the excitement of the V80 but better resolution and just more awesome clarity than v90. Its the best sub 50 I've had or tried. Be gutted if go's unnoticed
That sounds very promising! I love the treble on the T3 and V90 and enjoy tight BA bass and a large soundstage, so it sounds like I'll enjoy this one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back