TRN impressions thread
Nov 10, 2019 at 3:56 PM Post #1,351 of 3,807
I find the bass of the blon overwhelming, and like to listen to this soft sounding album on my nicehck EBX which is extremely revealing, can hear the murmur of the bassist in the background quite clearly on that set, which is more analytical and less emotional than most stuff out there, so I'm sold, will grab the BA5. Cheapest offer on AE is 36€ atm, it's like whaaaaatttt

Nov 10, 2019 at 4:20 PM Post #1,352 of 3,807
While I was listening you were getting an answer that I agree with from CatpB

FYI I compared the ZS7, ZSN, Blon 03 and TRN BA5

This is not a genre that I listen to but as far a the sax on the left side at the being of the song I think the Blon and BA5 are better than the ZSN and ZS7 with the ZS7 being the most metallic sounding of the 4. The difference with the Blon and BA5 was on the right track where the BA5 provided detail missing with the Blon.

The Audbos P4 was well reviewed when I purchased it but in my opinion the BA5 is much superior.

Let us know how you find the BA5 when you get it.

Nov 10, 2019 at 4:21 PM Post #1,353 of 3,807
I find the bass of the blon overwhelming, and like to listen to this soft sounding album on my nicehck EBX which is extremely revealing, can hear the murmur of the bassist in the background quite clearly on that set, which is more analytical and less emotional than most stuff out there, so I'm sold, will grab the BA5. Cheapest offer on AE is 36€ atm, it's like whaaaaatttt

You can even identify its the bassist, that's revealing!

If you check LuckLz audio store he's throwing in a silver upgrade cable (worth getting stock cables OK but not brilliant), hell usually knock a quid or 2 off. More so he shipped from purchase to my door in the UK in 6 days (bonkers), may be a bit slower with 11.11

Nov 10, 2019 at 4:26 PM Post #1,354 of 3,807

This is not a genre that I listen to but as far a the sax on the left side at the being of the song I think the Blon and BA5 are better than the ZSN and ZS7 with the ZS7 being the most metallic sounding of the 4. The difference with the Blon and BA5 was on the right track where the BA5 provided detail missing with the Blon.

The Audbos P4 was well reviewed when I purchased it but in my opinion the BA5 is much superior.

Just hope the ba5 doesn't slip into obscurity, I personally think they've done an astonishing job for £35, I genuinely think the imagings as strong on the ba5 as the Tin hifi p1 and much more comfortable. Every bit a giant killer as the blon bl-03 just different beasts

Nov 10, 2019 at 5:05 PM Post #1,357 of 3,807

Perfect feedback for me, as I own the ZS7 and can relate to the sax sounding a bit metallic with it, I'll let you know how I find the BA5 once it gets here, thanks so much very helpful.

Nov 10, 2019 at 5:18 PM Post #1,359 of 3,807

where is that ?

link ? shop ?

I'm on board with ya XD

Last edited:
Nov 10, 2019 at 5:30 PM Post #1,362 of 3,807

Definitely a good choice then, can't think of be
Are TRN cables now fixed, I heard there was some issue some of the strands we're not connected and stuff, I was looking to buy the TRN A2 cables for Tin T2 and Blon, and do these cable turn green?

Never had an issue and I've sold loads of them, he says to soon lol

Nov 10, 2019 at 5:34 PM Post #1,363 of 3,807
BA5 better then C16? C16 can be had for around $55 after coupon-fu while the BA5 is $37ish. I don't have an all BA set yet, and am wondering which one if any to buy tomorrow.

Broadly speaking if you want a bit more bass the C16 if you want more clarity, soundstage and better resolved treble the ba5, I personally find the C16 quite muted in comparison

Nov 10, 2019 at 5:36 PM Post #1,364 of 3,807
Yeah sorry hitting share and copy link from app doesn't even work properly...

Anyway I think I'll pay 5€ more and get that advice :

You can even identify its the bassist, that's revealing!

If you check LuckLz audio store he's throwing in a silver upgrade cable (worth getting stock cables OK but not brilliant), hell usually knock a quid or 2 off. More so he shipped from purchase to my door in the UK in 6 days (bonkers), may be a bit slower with 11.11

Cause stock cable doesn't look like something I'd enjoy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back