Triple Fi 10 - Is this a joke?
Dec 6, 2010 at 4:57 AM Post #106 of 186
And FYI, this page teach you how to inverse the left and right cables. With the cables exchanged, you can use the phones inversely and get the right chanel into the right ear :)

http://logitech-en-amr.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/12229/section/troubleshoot/crid/439/lt_product_id/5620/tabs/1,3,2,4/cl/us,en/kw/

Dec 6, 2010 at 11:44 AM Post #107 of 186
Swapping the cables does give a better fit! I don't understand why UE didn't just design them like that!

Dec 6, 2010 at 12:21 PM Post #108 of 186
Just want to put in my $0.02.  I, too, got a good deal on these from the Amazon sale.

First, a little background.  My first pair of high-end IEMs were SE530's which I loved and used for about 18 months when they were stolen.  Not able at that moment to drop another bundle on headphones I did my research and settled on RE-Zeros which sounded to me usually almost as good and sometimes better than the Shures.  My biggest problem with the Zeros were the fit and comfort and lack of bass.

Not being able to pass up the TF10 deal I jumped on.  For the past week or so I've been struggling to find the right fit, trying everything I had until I settled on the large size bi-flanges from the RE-Zero kit and the Acoustic EQ setting on my iPhone.  Now I am in audio nirvana and find these TF10s superior to anything I've used in the past.

My point is if you don't like the sound and/or fit, keep trying!  It took a bit but I found what is (for me) the perfect combination.

Dec 6, 2010 at 6:50 PM Post #109 of 186
I have been browsing this thread and it inspired me to give all my Sony Hybrid tips, TF 10 tips, and double flange Hifiman RE0 tips a shot again.  I found the highs better with the Hybrids, but as before they'd wiggle themselves out after a while.  The gray UE foams killed the sound at both ends, and I could not get a good fit with the double flange tips.  I noticed the Comply Tx500s soak up the treble a bit, I had to listen closely, but it's noticeable, especially after switching from the Hybrids.  Back to square one, but this time I took a pair of scissors and trimmed the tips almost back to where the wax guard is.  After a listen I found I had my highs back!  The upper detail was also better.  So at least for me, I have found the best fit and sound with little to no compromise.  

Dec 7, 2010 at 7:59 PM Post #115 of 186
I got my TF10's a couple days ago, and as much as I WANT to like these, I have to return them. They DO sound 'Ok', but just ok is not enough for the price, and being a balanced triple armature IEM with crossover, they don't sound as good as my Monster Turbines. I admit that I have smaller ears and had trouble finding the correct fit, but even after getting a tenuous fit, and listening for hours, I was still left wanting.

The Bass, treble and mids are all 'Ok', but not something I would expect from an item that cost almost $400.00 retail. The design is atrocious, there are many other triple armature IEM's that will fit in your ear nicely, but these hang out like teenage kids on Sat night. I am truly happy that most people seem to like these and find a decent fit, but there are far too many compromises to be made with these.

I've had multiple armature-based IEM's and just prefer the sound of Dynamics for some reason. I've been pursuing armatures for quite a while because they have been praised as the "Holy Grail" of IEM's, but after owning
the TF10 and Custom 3's, I am not so sure. Maybe I need to try Shure or Westone. I WAS going to go the Custom route with the TF10 but now hear some people say the customs can sound worse than the stock TF10?

Dec 7, 2010 at 8:19 PM Post #116 of 186
I am not having any trouble with the fit, I have inserted them all the way so the blue is completely in my ear and just the wire is sticking out. My ears are bleeding quite badly but at least I got them in. I am afraid to take them out.

Okay, just kidding. I am using the tips that were attached to them in the box. I have been using IEMs for years so I know what a good fit sounds like. I have a good fit. Lots of bottom, lots and lots of bottom. Mids, where are the mids? Mids seem pretty recessed. The highs seem fine. I've spent a week with my 535s, and a few hours with the TF10s. So far I'd have to say the 535s are a lot more fun to listen to. A lot more. Not to say the TF10s are bad, I'm just not enjoying the sound as much. But I'm still listening. I think if I had to say what the big difference is between the two I'd say it's "presence". Listening to Elvis Costello (This Years model) Elvis is right up front and prominent with the Shures. With the TF10s he's in the room, a bit away from where I am and I might just ignore him if he stays there. Pop the Shures back on and he's hard to ignore, right in front of me. The Shure 535s are more involving to me. The TF10s are pleasant, but not as interesting.

My wife tried them out and while she feels they are way higher quality than she thinks she needs or can fully appreciate, she will accept them as a Christmas present. Fun.

Unfortunately I bought two pairs of them. Worse things could happen. What does it cost to turn these into customs?

I don't understand why someone would want to swap them and use them backwards for more comfort. I'd be interested to see a picture of how you have put them in before and after the switch. My ear canals are small but I'm having no trouble getting a nice fit.

Dec 8, 2010 at 3:58 AM Post #117 of 186
I received my TF10s today and been trying them out last few hours...so far first impressions

* I like the box they come in, and the metal case.
* the cables, as most have already mentioned, are the worst I have come across. they are very light but feel fragile and plasticy. will be looking for replacement soon.
* size of TF10's are not as big as I feared. did the flip mod. and using the medium tips, got a decent fit. could be better but atm I get a nice balance in lows and highs.
*first hour I felt they were too warm and not clear paired to my amp but have now become much better..can't really say if it's  burn in or acclimitization. either way the end result is better sound. as for SQ, haven't had enough time to judge but so far classical music is nice. for $95, I think its a very good deal..
*Paired with my TTVJ hybrid portable, the sound is nice and warm, with a nice soundstage. though due to sensitivity, I can hear noise like tube rush  in the background when music is not playing and during quiet passages. tried the plane attenuator but sound was considerably worse. anyone now what the impedance is on that one? with no amp, straight out of ipod, the sound is nice but the sound with amp is much better for me. so might look into some possible attenuators to get rid of the amp noise floor. 

well, these are my first impressions..overall I think the amazon deal was well worth it...

Dec 8, 2010 at 6:28 AM Post #118 of 186

Quote:
* the cables, as most have already mentioned, are the worst I have come across. they are very light but feel fragile and plasticy. will be looking for replacement soon.

I have a broken-in set of the Westone cables in black that I have no use for. They haven't been trimmed or anything and have only been used for about 3-4 months. PM me if interested.

Dec 8, 2010 at 3:04 PM Post #119 of 186
I got my triplefi 10 today and  man I am impressed. They are very balanced and I have never heard my pod this good. they sound very detailed with very nice mids and bass is very tight and controlled. For 95.00 I do not think I could do better. Using the silicone tips and have not messed with the others yet but this sounds great. Who does the 100.00 custom tips for these  because for 195.00 I do not think I could do better.

Dec 8, 2010 at 3:17 PM Post #120 of 186

I believe Inearz charges 80 or 90 USD to turn them into customs and additional cost for art work which is a minimal cost. That's the price quote i got for my Sm3's i have been contemplating on getting done.
Quote:
I am not having any trouble with the fit, I have inserted them all the way so the blue is completely in my ear and just the wire is sticking out. My ears are bleeding quite badly but at least I got them in. I am afraid to take them out.

Okay, just kidding. I am using the tips that were attached to them in the box. I have been using IEMs for years so I know what a good fit sounds like. I have a good fit. Lots of bottom, lots and lots of bottom. Mids, where are the mids? Mids seem pretty recessed. The highs seem fine. I've spent a week with my 535s, and a few hours with the TF10s. So far I'd have to say the 535s are a lot more fun to listen to. A lot more. Not to say the TF10s are bad, I'm just not enjoying the sound as much. But I'm still listening. I think if I had to say what the big difference is between the two I'd say it's "presence". Listening to Elvis Costello (This Years model) Elvis is right up front and prominent with the Shures. With the TF10s he's in the room, a bit away from where I am and I might just ignore him if he stays there. Pop the Shures back on and he's hard to ignore, right in front of me. The Shure 535s are more involving to me. The TF10s are pleasant, but not as interesting.

My wife tried them out and while she feels they are way higher quality than she thinks she needs or can fully appreciate, she will accept them as a Christmas present. Fun.

Unfortunately I bought two pairs of them. Worse things could happen. What does it cost to turn these into customs?

I don't understand why someone would want to swap them and use them backwards for more comfort. I'd be interested to see a picture of how you have put them in before and after the switch. My ear canals are small but I'm having no trouble getting a nice fit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back