Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM (Now With 'New' 1Plus2.2!) Impressions Thread
Aug 19, 2013 at 1:22 PM Post #3,647 of 6,404
Aug 20, 2013 at 6:59 AM Post #3,649 of 6,404
Quote:
Listening to Nero's Welcome Reality album, on sprks01's 1plus2, not sure if this unit would of had such music played through it before, but I can tell you they're loving every minute of it, as am I. I'll have the unit until Thursday which is the 22nd then forwarding it on to maquire.

Can't wait until it gets to me... But not looking forward to it when I get hooked and have to buy it. 

Aug 20, 2013 at 7:39 AM Post #3,650 of 6,404
Quote:
That's an insane rig.

And sounds it. 

Quote:
Looks like the headfi staff is being progressively uber-1plus2ed. Will any ever make it back?

We've vowed to make Jude hear them at some point, so you may well be right. 

I think though the Uber cable is too crazy, even for me! Also, carrying around a cable I'm afraid to break isn't good. I'm more inclined to take the JH-13s with me somewhere as I know they are fairly robust and isolate very well.

Aug 20, 2013 at 1:42 PM Post #3,651 of 6,404
while others are discussing and comparing various IEMs the owners of 1Plus2 are happy listening to the music, this one for you:

Aug 20, 2013 at 4:11 PM Post #3,652 of 6,404
Quote:

And sounds it. 

We've vowed to make Jude hear them at some point, so you may well be right. 

I think though the Uber cable is too crazy, even for me! Also, carrying around a cable I'm afraid to break isn't good. I'm more inclined to take the JH-13s with me somewhere as I know they are fairly robust and isolate very well.

Amos is that your own pair? Have you been able to compare the ubber to any other cables? I'm interested in demoing it but also scared lol.

Aug 20, 2013 at 7:32 PM Post #3,653 of 6,404
No, it's a loaner from Gavin. I've only compared the Uber to the stock cable which, other than being stiff, sounds brighter.

Aug 20, 2013 at 7:47 PM Post #3,654 of 6,404
Quote:
H20, beware, 1Plus2 is very addictive so the more you listen the more you want them, 1Plus2 is King of IEMs....
evil_smiley.gif

WHO mentioned Ubercable again?
mad.gif
darthsmile.gif
tongue_smile.gif

Agreed. By the way, does anyone know how different between the silver/gold and the uber cable? I am using the silver/gold one so is it worth to upgrade to uber? Can I use that giant snake outdoor?

Aug 20, 2013 at 11:09 PM Post #3,656 of 6,404
Apologies, i am still learning how this forum works. How can I delete a post?!
You report it, & a mod will delete it. I've done it for you now.

Aug 20, 2013 at 11:56 PM Post #3,658 of 6,404
Quote:

Agreed. By the way, does anyone know how different between the silver/gold and the uber cable? I am using the silver/gold one so is it worth to upgrade to uber? Can I use that giant snake outdoor?

Unfortunately no, the uber is not recommended for use when you are in motion.

The difference between uber and the stock silver/gold or silver is huge, period.  

However, you should not replace any of your stock with the uber as you need them when you are on-the-go.

Cheers

Aug 21, 2013 at 11:15 AM Post #3,659 of 6,404
I consider myself a very fortunate newbie, previously listening only on iPhone with Sony xba-2, I decided to go for AK100 &Shure535r a month ago. After quite a bit of reading and dumb luck, I ended up with AK120 and 1plus2gs, amazed by how musics could sound so great! The clarity and musicality were out of the world to me, I was surprised by the sound... I was one of thise non-believer in cable upgrade, thought it insane to pay hundreds and thousands and claimed how the cable changes everything (ignorant, now i know). Yet, the very different sound signature of the uber stuck in my head, even though it was just a few minutes, when Gavin let me tried his, when I picked up the 1plus2 off him. The bass was what I remembered most, perhaps cos I think the gs lacks that creamy bass I so vaguely, yet clearly recalled from my first uber encounter. And I finally couldn't bear it and picked one up a week ago, and honestly, against all reminders, there's no turning back, I bring the uber everywhere, as well as on the move.
Excuse my poor English and lack of music vocabularies, but to me, if the gs is like a refreshing swim in the clearest water in hot summer; the uber is like in a hot tub in a biting cold winter savoring the aroma rising from the favorite bath salt, I never wanna get out. I do not know the right terms for it, the sound coming out is not jumpy, like how good jelly rolls off the tongue with a very pleasant after taste.
I was lucky that the uber I got is balanced, which i borrowed a uber balanced>SE adaptor to listen on the ak120, which therefore I also had the chance to try it on a borrowed intruder amp balanced and SE, I found the balanced is more "3D", by a slight bit to my untrained ears; it's a good "slight bit" and that first 10 seconds was indeed the cause for many sleepless nights deciding whether or not to buy an amp of my own. But ultimately I decided against it and will ask Gavin to change it back to SE and to listen straight on the ak120. IMO, the gs to uber was a quantum leap, while the amp, to me, is a marginal stepped up. Bottomline is, if I have the money, an amp with balanced is for sure, but as u must noticed how I borrowed everything, I just cannot afford it... But if one owns the 1plus2, I must say, please get the uber, it's too expensive of an investment to me, but it is one investment which I feel essential, for it literally opens my ears! If I were to have a chance to start over again, the change I would have made would be to skip the gs to save a bit to get an amp, instead of having it untouched, locked up and wasted in a 1010...
Having said all that, I am a super newbie, and have not tried much of other gear, so it is an impression from very limited experiences, but for those I tried, I can picture myself upgrading from one to another then to the uber 1plus2, so while I lost the journey through experiencing the progression, I saved quite a bit I supposed, which is essential to the little poor me.
Thanks for reading and great appreciation to the friend who lent me his gear to try out, as well as the fascinating experiences he shared with me. Last but not least, thanks Gavin for his kindness and this amazing IEM!
ps - I am now listening to the "Digital Love (Boris Dlugosh remix)" by Daft Punk, hell, it's amazing how the pulse jumping around me!

Aug 21, 2013 at 6:59 PM Post #3,660 of 6,404
Very nice impressions bunch! Looks like you really took a leap and didn't waste much time or money at all :wink:. To be honest I wish I did this as well (although at the time it wouldn't have been possible anyways). From all the money I wasted just buying and selling gear I could have bought an extra pair of TOTL CIEMs. So if you can indeed cut to the chase and get it over with it will save you more money in the long run. Opposed to constantly getting sucked into the hype machine and getting nowhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back