Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM (Now With 'New' 1Plus2.2!) Impressions Thread
Aug 22, 2013 at 10:50 PM Post #3,706 of 6,404
lol stop it! :p. It's really hard for me to believe it could get much better. I mean seriously it's so good as is....
rolleyes.gif

Aug 23, 2013 at 12:12 AM Post #3,708 of 6,404
Hi I just received the demo pair on the Australian leg of the tour.
First listen, "DETAIL....DETAIL" I can hear everything in my recordings.
Very Etymotic like, but to the next level, are they a tad sibilant? or could be the tip fit? Big sound stage, that's using straight out of my ipod.
More impressions to follow as I get to know her a little better....
size]

Nice. Glad you finally got to here them Maguire. If you want to give me the nitty and gritty we can do so in PM :wink:.

Don't do it. It's a trap. :p

Post your un-lee-dultarated impressions here.

They'll throw out some sibilance, in a very similar way to the ASG-2 and IE800 actually.

Aug 23, 2013 at 1:41 AM Post #3,710 of 6,404
I'm sure someone else will chime in, but silver will oxidise over time. Silver oxide is still a good conductor. Gold apparently shouldn't oxidise - I guess this is why they are sometimes added to silver cables for added longevity?? 

Aug 23, 2013 at 1:54 AM Post #3,711 of 6,404
Sorry if this has been answered before but what are the main differences between silver and gold cables?  I would like to stay away from silver because I've had some bad run ins with them oxidizing.

Aug 23, 2013 at 1:58 AM Post #3,712 of 6,404
Quote:
I'm sure someone else will chime in, but silver will oxidize over time. Silver oxide is still a good conductor. Gold apparently shouldn't oxidize - I guess this is why they are sometimes added to silver cables for added longevity?? 

The thing is I've never noticed my silver cables oxidizing? The only cable  I had that had this issue was a cheap UE copper cable. That thing oxidized in a month....

Aug 23, 2013 at 2:19 AM Post #3,714 of 6,404
Quote:
Sorry if this has been answered before but what are the main differences between silver and gold cables?  I would like to stay away from silver because I've had some bad run ins with them oxidizing.

No worries on oxidizing silver cables.

I had the Van Den Hul MC-Silver & Audio Note AN-VZ balanced interconnector cables for over 10 years before being sold and no problem with their brilliant sound.

Cheers 

Aug 23, 2013 at 2:47 AM Post #3,715 of 6,404
Bmichels, let me tell you something about 1p2 soundstage, this is not just wide and deep, i would call it 360° round wide stage, 3D + height, flute sound flies high in air, notes really poses a 3D sensation in every aspect, drum palpations are incredibly airy and PRAT is one of the best i ever heard from IEM. you might find IEMs offering more seductive voices or punchy bass... but when it comes to music 1p2 does all them and offers much more by recreating a true live like performance sticking out of your head. this is why i call 1p2 IEM 3way speakers, not just IEMs.

Aug 23, 2013 at 4:53 AM Post #3,716 of 6,404
Quote:
Bmichels, let me tell you something about 1p2 soundstage, this is not just wide and deep, i would call it 360° round wide stage, 3D + height, flute sound flies high in air, notes really poses a 3D sensation in every aspect, drum palpations are incredibly airy and PRAT is one of the best i ever heard from IEM. you might find IEMs offering more seductive voices or punchy bass... but when it comes to music 1p2 does all them and offers much more by recreating a true live like performance sticking out of your head. this is why i call 1p2 IEM 3way speakers, not just IEMs.

Gintaras,  this is for you...

The 1Plus2 will show you how capable it is with U U U U U U U U

Aug 23, 2013 at 5:05 AM Post #3,717 of 6,404
do you really like Terra? i heard mixed feelings.

Uber is on my list for sure but later, enjoying my front end i can afford waiting a bit. and i also think about changing my source, will try Dx50 to see if this is good enough then i will send my RWAK for S-mod to Vinnie and add some good amp.

Aug 23, 2013 at 5:31 AM Post #3,718 of 6,404
Quote:
do you really like Terra? i heard mixed feelings.

Uber is on my list for sure but later, enjoying my front end i can afford waiting a bit. and i also think about changing my source, will try Dx50 to see if this is good enough then i will send my RWAK for S-mod to Vinnie and add some good amp.

Tera is very picky.   I've tried out the AKG 3003, FitEar from To Go 334 to MH335DW (probably not to fair as CIEM might not perform its best to my ears) and some others (can't remember their names) and none of them performed to the level when Tera paired with the 1Plus2.  Now I don't even need any amping in between as I've found with the Vorzuge there is no performance gain.

I'm one happy Tera & 1Plus2 owner!

Aug 23, 2013 at 5:33 AM Post #3,719 of 6,404
Quote:

thanks for your advices.

Now, next question of course is... does the Uber cable bring a noticable improvement compared to the step just bellow (gold ?).  I am not concern only with the price of the uber, but also with the reduced confort that the "less flexible and heavier" uber cable may bring ?

Aug 23, 2013 at 5:43 AM Post #3,720 of 6,404
Bmichels, I've probably had the Uber "the longest" of the actively spoken members here (there are non-vocal members who have owned longer).

I don't view them as heavy nor inflexible. In fact my opinion is that it's more flexible than it should be. Meaning that it can flex more than its supposed to (since its solid core flexing too much could break the wire internally).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back