Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM (Now With 'New' 1Plus2.2!) Impressions Thread
Aug 23, 2013 at 5:56 AM Post #3,721 of 6,404
Quote:
.....6 - what is the best place (on internet) to buy those IEMs ? including the Uber cables ?  Can you provide the link to the...

Best way is to contact Gavin tralucentaudio@gmail.com

Thanks for all your advices. I just sent an email to tralucentaudio asking for advice and prices for 1plus2 with carbon top plate and (1) Gold cable only, (2) uber cable only,and... (3) booth cable.

Regarding the choice of cable, I mentioned that I will never run or walk with the 1plus2 on, but that I need to be able to carry everywhere (plane, week-end...) my 1plus2 and the source (RWAK100) in a small rigid case.   Will see ...

PS:does someone know the impedance of the 1plus2 ?  (you know, this low impedance issue with some amps...)

Aug 23, 2013 at 6:18 AM Post #3,722 of 6,404
Bmichels, i own both and 1p2 works wonders with RWAK, you do not have to worry about impedance. please note i have only gold silver cable and old version of silver cable, from what i hear Uber must be adding for you. i also have Tralucent T1 amp, which is not expensive and pairs lovely with my RWAK. i use both amped and unamped rig, however i find T1 adding a bit cleaner sound and separation making music more articulate and impactful. for sure there are more expensive amps you may like to explore like Vorzuge or RSA or the list can be endless.

Aug 23, 2013 at 6:53 AM Post #3,724 of 6,404
Just to tell you that I am an owner of a RSA Sr 71b with rdb + and this a great association!
Besides I think I will soon have the 1 plus 2!
What do you think Gintaras

Aug 23, 2013 at 6:59 AM Post #3,725 of 6,404
Fabaaroan, i am green of envy, no please stick to RDB+
tongue.gif

seriously i think 1p2 will be a revelation for you, by far the best universal and you know my opinion about them
biggrin.gif

i have V1 and when i heard 1p2 there was no way back, V1 is good IEM but it cannot compete against mighty perfect Tralucent.

Aug 23, 2013 at 7:29 AM Post #3,726 of 6,404
Quote:
Fabaaroan, i am green of envy, no please stick to RDB+
tongue.gif

seriously i think 1p2 will be a revelation for you, by far the best universal and you know my opinion about them
biggrin.gif

i have V1 and when i heard 1p2 there was no way back, V1 is good IEM but it cannot compete against mighty perfect Tralucent.

Gintaras I heard though the grape vine you weren't very impressed with the 1Plus2 initially. Is this true? If so I felt the same way. Took some burn in both physically and mentally :). After that there was no turning back.

Aug 23, 2013 at 9:21 AM Post #3,727 of 6,404
Lee, not correct. i heard from other members that 1p2 is expensive and some people suggesting some cheaper things like V1 and etc...

BUT... but... once i heard 1p2 i realised they were the only one i wanted all my life
biggrin.gif

i received 1p2 on tour and they had burn in, so no need for waiting. on the first day i felt stupid going back and forth, writing to H20 because i could not reconcile while some people found 1p2 and V1 similar, to me they were world aparts with 1p2 vastly superior.

then i felt another silly sensation and wrote back to Gavin, so he confirmed i was not an idiot and indeed 1p2 had a loudspeaker sensation creating a feel of moving ari........

i really tried hard to find fault on 1p2 because i had H200 and RDB+v1, i tried hard and i could not.

i ended up buying a pair and now i know there is no upgrade bug hunting me anymore. if i only look for second back IEM good enough to compliment 1p2....... but 1p2 is my number one go everywhere IEM.

Aug 23, 2013 at 10:15 AM Post #3,728 of 6,404
I think the 1Plus2 is 26 ohms? Or is it 25? One of those I'm sure.

Not sure if it is 26 or 25, my Jh13 is 28ohms and I have to crank up more volume on the 1P2 than Jh13 when on the same gain..

Lee, not correct. i heard from other members that 1p2 is expensive and some people suggesting some cheaper things like V1 and etc...

BUT... but... once i heard 1p2 i realised they were the only one i wanted all my life
biggrin.gif

i ended up buying a pair and now i know there is no upgrade bug hunting me anymore. if i only look for second back IEM good enough to compliment 1p2....... but 1p2 is my number one go everywhere IEM.

So right about that..

Aug 23, 2013 at 10:39 AM Post #3,729 of 6,404
Lee, Soul 
biggrin.gif

1p2 4Ever
basshead.gif

Aug 23, 2013 at 10:49 AM Post #3,730 of 6,404
Gonna go listen to it soonish, along with my MH334. Should be interesting.

Aug 23, 2013 at 11:38 AM Post #3,731 of 6,404
Quote:
Not sure if it is 26 or 25, my Jh13 is 28ohms and I have to crank up more volume on the 1P2 than Jh13 when on the same gain..
So right about that..

You'v got booth ?  JH13 & 1plus2 ? This is very interesting because I was about to order a JH13 when I discovered this 1plus2 thread.  And now I am still hesitating between those two IEMs because something in my head still try to convince me that a CUSTOM IEM has to be better than an UNIVERSAL IEM !

How will you compare them 2 ?  Which one you prefer ? why do you owe the 2 ... are they for different purposes or different music ?

Aug 23, 2013 at 11:47 AM Post #3,732 of 6,404
The little paper says:
Impedance: 25 ohms
Sensitivity: 130dB

They take surprisingly more gain to reach similar volumes as my other IEMs than those specs would have one think.

Aug 23, 2013 at 7:04 PM Post #3,733 of 6,404
Quote:
The little paper says:
Impedance: 25 ohms
Sensitivity: 130dB

They take surprisingly more gain to reach similar volumes as my other IEMs than those specs would have one think.

I think it's in due part to the dynamic driver and BAs combined. Not the hardest to drive out there but most definitely not easy to drive either to its true potential.

Aug 23, 2013 at 7:05 PM Post #3,734 of 6,404
Quote:
You'v got booth ?  JH13 & 1plus2 ? This is very interesting because I was about to order a JH13 when I discovered this 1plus2 thread.  And now I am still hesitating between those two IEMs because something in my head still try to convince me that a CUSTOM IEM has to be better than an UNIVERSAL IEM !

How will you compare them 2 ?  Which one you prefer ? why do you owe the 2 ... are they for different purposes or different music ?

lol you've been asking these questions for quite some time. Are you ever gonna make your move?

Aug 23, 2013 at 7:30 PM Post #3,735 of 6,404
I think it's in due part to the dynamic driver and BAs combined. Not the hardest to drive out there but most definitely not easy to drive either to its true potential.

You're likely right.

So here's something interesting. The character of the sound is kind of similar to the Harman Kardon stereo upgrade in the new BMW 3 Series lol. :xf_eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back