Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM (Now With 'New' 1Plus2.2!) Impressions Thread
Aug 22, 2013 at 4:47 AM Post #3,691 of 6,404
For some reason talk of the ubber cable reminded me of Majin Bu :p. The theme song sounds really good on the 1Plus2s :D.

SSJ3 theme

Cells Theme:

Gohans Vs Frieza Theme:

Aug 22, 2013 at 6:09 AM Post #3,692 of 6,404
Quote:
For some reason talk of the ubber cable reminded me of Majin Bu :p. The theme song sounds really good on the 1Plus2s :D.

SSJ3 theme

Cells Theme:

Gohans Vs Frieza Theme:

OHhh good old time:wink:

Aug 22, 2013 at 8:56 AM Post #3,693 of 6,404
Quote:

with all due respect this is wrong approach in my book. it is not necessary to listen to all crap in order to be able to appreciate good and expensive gear... if i know how live music and good concert halls sound then owning cheap and crap will only be pain on my ears. this was exactly the reason why i listened to portable gear very rare or when on business trip in a hotel or on plane only. because i know how music should sound... but then i bumped into headfi and vola i began discover music revelation thanks to great products. 1p2 for me became like gear search story climax and ear opener. i wish i bought that right away... but no, i was stupid 
blink.gif

now, why would i be happy to own tons of cheap gear before purchasing expensive gear IF not only due to the size of my wallet?
i can tell i could be much better off IF purchased 1p2 straight away and i did not need cheap gear to appreciate my 1p2. mistakenly i started to believe in law of diminishing returns and that cost me purchasing about four different IEMs before i came to listen to 1p2. if i would value this exercise in money terms then i am afraid i paid much more than our newbie with 1p2 and ak120. so the law of diminishing returns in fact means only the limits of the wallet, that's it... otherwise collecting tons of cheap gear before purchasing expensive is waste of money.

sorry mate for disagreeing but i am not in the music or gear industry and i purchase things for enjoyment and listening to the music the way i want.
going for the right gear saves you money and headache... the only downside would be if you struck the best of best right away there is less chance you will be coming back to HeadFi discussing all this gear 
tongue.gif

biggrin.gif

Yep. The sooner you get to where you're going, the more pleasure you'll have. The problem is ones level of expectations. Some knowledge and experience is required to find out what that means for you

Aug 22, 2013 at 10:21 AM Post #3,694 of 6,404
Abandon photog? No way! Just reducing 4 digital 4 film cams to 2 digital and 4 film cams. Hehe
This forum is exactly what helped me to compensate for my lack of knowledge and experiences, to get to a good combo, thank you all!!!

Aug 22, 2013 at 10:27 AM Post #3,695 of 6,404
Quote:
Just reducing 4 digital 4 film cams to 2 digital and 4 film cams. Hehe

2 digital and 4 film cameras? mate how many hands you got to hold all them?
tongue.gif

Aug 22, 2013 at 11:31 AM Post #3,696 of 6,404
2 digital and 4 film cameras? mate how many hands you got to hold all them?
tongue.gif

Perhaps as many ears you have to fit your phones. Hehe :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Aug 22, 2013 at 11:34 AM Post #3,697 of 6,404
i have only two ears and two earphones i am using, hehe 
tongue.gif

Aug 22, 2013 at 2:59 PM Post #3,698 of 6,404
Gentleman, I am looking for upgrading my Westone ES3X to the 1plus2 (may be with the famous Uber cable ?). I use RWAK100 or RWAK100+TU-05 "tube" amp.

I really need that my IEM do NOT leak sound outside since I listen sometime in the bed with my wife sleeping besides me... 

so few questions if you don't mind:

1 - I heard that that, as opposed to most other IEMs,  the 1plus2 use "vents", so I wonder if theses vents will not let sound leaking outside and .... disturb my wife sleep ?

2 - Until I read this thread I thought that Custom-IEM were always better than Universal-IEM.  For this reason my choice was the JH13 feqPh....until i read your comments. So.... can you confirm that 1plus2 can be better than the BEST Custom IEM ?  

3 - And how do they compeat against  other super-high-end universal like  Shure SE846, [size=12.727272033691406px]Piano Forte IX  and  [/size]FitEar ToGo 334 ?

4 - One of the reason I want to change my Westone ES3X is that I am looking for a much better sound stage. I don't like the "in the hear" sound that most IEM produce (as opposed to the sound offered by full size headphone).  Will the 1plus2 improve this ?

5 - should really go for the UBER ? 

6 - what is the best place (on internet) to buy those IEMs ? including the Uber cables ?  Can you provide the link to the purchasing/shop please ?

Sorry for all those questions and thanks in advance for all your advices

Aug 22, 2013 at 3:07 PM Post #3,699 of 6,404
@Bmichels

1) no idea since no one around me complained
2) had not 334 cannot tell
3) stage on 1p2 is beyond real, let me put it this way, 1p2 stage and sound emulate big floorstanding loudspeakers so well that i get air moving sensations when listen to 1p2, never heard this from IEM
4) i do not own Uber but those who do say Uber is huge step up
5) PM Gavin, his headfi nick is Spkrs01, he is Tralucent heart & soul and will help you great deal

mate, believe me, you will not regret spending this money on 1p2, it is like end game, once paid you stop worry about upgrades at all.

Aug 22, 2013 at 5:31 PM Post #3,700 of 6,404
THe TG334 definitely sounds more intimate. It has a different flavor. I like them better for vocal songs.

Aug 22, 2013 at 6:47 PM Post #3,701 of 6,404
Quote:
1 - I heard that that, as opposed to most other IEMs,  the 1plus2 use "vents", so I wonder if theses vents will not let sound leaking outside and .... disturb my wife sleep ?
I tried to make the volume louder and took it out my ears, no sound leaked. You don't need to worry about it.

2 - Until I read this thread I thought that Custom-IEM were always better than Universal-IEM.  For this reason my choice was the JH13 feqPh....until i read your comments. So.... can you confirm that 1plus2 can be better than the BEST Custom IEM ? 
I prefer the 1plus2 to my JH16 and UE11Pro.

3 - And how do they compeat against  other super-high-end universal like  Shure SE846, [size=12.727272033691406px]Piano Forte IX  and  [/size]FitEar ToGo 334 ?
- You will really have to face with fitting issue on the Forte IX, the sound is good: smooth treble, warm mid with deep and extend bass but no where near the 1plus.
- FitEar 334: nothing to complain on this one but nothing special on this as well. It just the matter of taste and I definitely chose the 1plus2 over the 334 due to the smooth transition and huge sound stage / imaging. 1plus2 bass is deeper and more extend. The treble is more sparkle with no hint of harsh or sibilance (334 stock cable / 334 alo sxc24 cable vs 1plus2 silver/gold cable).
- Never had a chance to try the SE846

4 - One of the reason I want to change my Westone ES3X is that I am looking for a much better sound stage. I don't like the "in the hear" sound that most IEM produce (as opposed to the sound offered by full size headphone).  Will the 1plus2 improve this ?
The most impressive factor of the 1plus2 is its sound stage. You will never believe that sound is from an iem.

I shared the same question before but I decided not to go with it. The UBER cable is heavy, bulky and almost impossible to carry outside. 

6 - what is the best place (on internet) to buy those IEMs ? including the Uber cables ?  Can you provide the link to the purchasing/shop please ?
http://www.tralucentaudio.com/shop/ shoot him an email

Aug 22, 2013 at 7:00 PM Post #3,702 of 6,404
Hi I just received the demo pair on the Australian leg of the tour.
First listen, "DETAIL....DETAIL" I can hear everything in my recordings.
Very Etymotic like, but to the next level, are they a tad sibilant? or could be the tip fit? Big sound stage, that's using straight out of my ipod.
More impressions to follow as I get to know her a little better....
size]

Aug 22, 2013 at 9:23 PM Post #3,704 of 6,404

I use them in bed and it is just fine, my wife does not hear anything.

Customs and universals have different advantages and inconvenients. I can say that the 1plus2 are performing at the level of my best customs, Spiral Ear SE5.

3 - And how do they compeat against  other super-high-end universal like  Shure SE846, 
[size=12.727272033691406px]Piano Forte IX  and  [/size]
FitEar ToGo 334
 ?

I easily prefer the 1plus2 over TG334 as I do not like the slow devaying bass of the 334 but that is just me.

The soundstage is really impressive. Really in front of you out of head.

They cannot really be used on the go. Otherwise sure. But you can also start with silver and gold see if you like the 1plus2 and upgrade later.

6 - what is the best place (on internet) to buy those IEMs ? including the Uber cables ?  Can you provide the link to the...

Best way is to contact Gavin tralucentaudio@gmail.com

Aug 22, 2013 at 10:46 PM Post #3,705 of 6,404
Bmichels,
The uber on the go is indeed tricky and it's not fun worrying I might snap it while listening in bed, but but but it really is much much better than the GS in my opinion, which you really should consider! Seriously! Honestly!
But if u really listen to it mostly on the go, then ok, I suppose constantly adjusting the fit is going to be an issue. For me, I listen to it mostly sitting down or in bed with my wife and son sleeping, n only in train and bus while on the go, so not much movement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back