Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM (Now With 'New' 1Plus2.2!) Impressions Thread
Jun 26, 2013 at 9:45 AM Post #2,881 of 6,404
Cravenz, right Sir !!!
L3000.gif

because i am hard core audiophile and when i assemble my system the analogue live-like sound is my major goal, i can skimp on some smaller issues but not on this one.
this is the reason why more expensive Mytek DSD DAC went back to the dealer after audition vs. Rega DAC and why Metrum Octave replaces Rega now.

one of easiest ways to hear analogue virtue is with vocal material, voice reproduction will immediately show if gear is up to the task or not.
same applies to portable.

remember how many audiophiles kept expensive vinyl rigs when they could swap to digital, even today you find plenty of people who prefer vinyl and for a GOOD reason.

analogue like sound is my holy grail.........

Jun 26, 2013 at 9:47 AM Post #2,882 of 6,404
Quote:
Technical ability? Warmth? Highs? Bass?
Yes,                    no,       maybe?,  yes. 
tongue_smile.gif

Which cable were you using again? Serious question, I've forgot 
tongue.gif

Heh. But better for highs, bass and warmth all are subjective. It could be more, but the quality may not be there etc etc.

Jun 26, 2013 at 9:48 AM Post #2,883 of 6,404
Quote:
Put your brakes on Gintaras, the guy is new. Shame on you..

wink_face.gif

do not worry but thanks.

i am new to head-fi and i can see differences between audiophiles talking about front end and audiophiles discussing portable.

and yes, i will continue to use word ANALOGUE everywhere where i talk about sound quality because naturalness and fluidity of music is what makes my ears melt.

as for the meaning anyone can easily google what analogue sound means in reality.

truth is that i will never manage to get it in full unless i go back and reinstate my vinly setup and buy back all those plates i sold some years ago :frowning2:

Jun 26, 2013 at 9:49 AM Post #2,884 of 6,404
The re-terminated Uber cable should be making its way to me soon in prep for a new HM-901 next month hopefully.

That's right, TRRS balanced :-

Jun 26, 2013 at 9:53 AM Post #2,885 of 6,404
Quote:
The re-terminated Uber cable should be making its way to me soon in prep for a new HM-901 next month hopefully.

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet
tongue_smile.gif

Jun 26, 2013 at 10:06 AM Post #2,886 of 6,404
Quote:

Which cable were you using again? Serious question, I've forgot 
tongue.gif

Heh. But better for highs, bass and warmth all are subjective. It could be more, but the quality may not be there etc etc.

I use gold/silver a lot, but I really love the E series cable. It's one of the best cable I have heard, improves soundstage, bass, and dynamics. Shame they don't sell it anymore.

I was just messing around:) Seriously, 1+2 has one of the most balanced combination of bass, mid and treble which provides one of the best (maybe the best) soundstage, imaging I have ever heard. For me, I will pick 1+2 over JH13 9 times out of 10.

Jun 26, 2013 at 10:07 AM Post #2,887 of 6,404
Quote:
I use gold/silver a lot, but I really love the E series cable. It's one of the best cable I have heard, improves soundstage, bass, and dynamics. Shame they don't sell it anymore.

I was just messing around:) Seriously, 1+2 has one of the most balanced combination of bass, mid and treble which provides one of the best (maybe the best) soundstage, imaging I have ever heard. For me, I will pick 1+2 over JH13 9 times out of 10.

Not 10 out of 10. Ain't good enough mate.

Just messin'.

Jun 26, 2013 at 10:42 AM Post #2,889 of 6,404
Quote:
truth is that i will never manage to get it in full unless i go back and reinstate my vinly setup and buy back all those plates i sold some years ago :frowning2:

And then still not sound as good as you remember it. Always loved the scratches and dust buildup that impacted on sound reproduction.

With a digital source and decent gear to "fix" the sound, you get the same or better warm and open sound, but without the audio clicks and pops.

This is a good article about the history of vinyl.

Jun 26, 2013 at 11:17 AM Post #2,890 of 6,404
Quote:

Nice AnakChan!  I really should ask Gavin to get this cable for me.  I also received a spc TRRS balanced fitear cable from Music Heaven today and is amazed at the balanced output of 901.  I'm starting to find myself a bit reluctant to go out with the AK120....

Jun 26, 2013 at 1:24 PM Post #2,892 of 6,404
What a cheapo rig...you could leave it in the bus and not care.

Yes, i second this, just do not forget to tell us in which bus you left your rig :wink:

Jun 26, 2013 at 4:05 PM Post #2,894 of 6,404
Quote:

AnakChan, I got the Uber cable a couple of days ago. The sound is amazing. The only problem, the connectors are a little loose, especcialy left one. The earpiece fell on the floor already once.Do you have this problem with yours and what is the solution?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back