Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM (Now With 'New' 1Plus2.2!) Impressions Thread
May 30, 2013 at 8:02 AM Post #2,536 of 6,404
Quote:
I don't tend to wear IEM's walking around much, usually it's more of a case of taking them to work or someplace else to listen to so I'll typically put them in a case, then in my bag. But to be honest I have been taking my IEM's with me less and less lately because over the last couple of years as my responsibilities at work have increased I started to find that every time I put in my IEM's someone would come up to talk to me so I got the V-Moda M80's instead, they're much easier to whip on and off than IEM's. I've ordered a pair of RE-400's for general yard work, exercise type duty so in all likelihood the 1plus2's will mostly be used around the house.

I tend to like taking IEMs out with me. But I also want to be fully aware of my surroundings so the Suis are very ideal since they offer barely any isolation and are quite portable (maybe not the most comfortable though). Still I do appreciate the little isolation they give while in the car. I tend to get a headache driving over the H3 due to all the wind/road noise (that is even with the windows up) and the IEMs really help out in that regards.

May 30, 2013 at 8:03 AM Post #2,537 of 6,404

Sorry the cable is here (bottom). Anyone know where to get tips? especially those comply ones that can let me squeeze them whatever way I can? 

May 30, 2013 at 8:06 AM Post #2,539 of 6,404
So you are having fit issues? That sucks. So what size tips normally fit your ears?

http://www.complyfoampro.com/products/canal-tips-original/

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR9.TRC1&_nkw=comply+tips&_sacat=0&_from=R40

May 30, 2013 at 8:11 AM Post #2,540 of 6,404
wow, the package looks sooooo nice... tour version does not have small accessories sadly, but perhaps not needed. it seems Tralucent cares a lot for customers.
btw, what cable you have in the photo?

You like that packaging don't you Gintaras. :wink:

May 30, 2013 at 8:16 AM Post #2,541 of 6,404
Quote:
So you are having fit issues? That sucks. So what size tips normally fit your ears?

http://www.complyfoampro.com/products/canal-tips-original/

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR9.TRC1&_nkw=comply+tips&_sacat=0&_from=R40

Thanks lee. So I assume any T400 comply foam tips will do the job? The stock comply one is a little bit on the large side. So I think size small will do the job here. The other tips are fine, but I am a fan of comply ones:wink: 

The cable is very flexible. Never had experience on silver ones.

May 30, 2013 at 8:19 AM Post #2,542 of 6,404
Quote:
Thanks lee. So I assume any T400 comply foam tips will do the job? The stock comply one is a little bit on the large side. So I think size small will do the job here. The other tips are fine, but I am a fan of comply ones:wink: 

The cable is very flexible. Never had experience on silver ones.

Well tupac I never had much luck with comply tips. I managed to get a seal with them before on the IE8s (also broke them due to the tips lol). But other than that I've never been able to achieve a seal with even the large tips on other IEMs. I tried them on the Sui and no go. Silicone all the way! So I assume you use small ear tips then or is it medium? :).

May 30, 2013 at 8:21 AM Post #2,543 of 6,404
Quote:

Well tupac I never had much luck with comply tips. I managed to get a seal with them before on the IE8s (also broke them due to the tips lol). But other than that I've never been able to achieve a seal with even the large tips on other IEMs. I tried them on the Sui and no go. Silicone all the way! So I assume you use small ear tips then or is it medium? :).

Yes. Small ones are better. I get a very good seal with comply ones. They fit very well and makes the sound smooth and linear (to any earphones I have tried).

P.S. 8a got nothing on 1+2 IMO
very_evil_smiley.gif

May 30, 2013 at 8:23 AM Post #2,544 of 6,404
Quote:
Yes. Small ones are better. I get a very good seal with comply ones. They fit very well and makes the sound smooth and linear (to any earphones I have tried).

P.S. 8a got nothing on 1+2 IMO
very_evil_smiley.gif

How dare you! Off with your head! (lol joking)

Anyways I'm curious if you'll be able to find some silicon tips that work for you? I tend to find comply tips to emphasis bass and take away from treble sparkle. Not that I heard complies on the 1Plus2 but it was pretty bad on the IE8s :p.

May 30, 2013 at 8:46 AM Post #2,545 of 6,404
If you're going Comply I'd recommend the Ts series over the straight T series tips.

Edit: I had it wrong, I meant the Ts series not Tx.

May 30, 2013 at 8:52 AM Post #2,546 of 6,404
Quote:
If you're going Comply I'd recommend the Tx series over the straight T series tips.

Thanks a lot. what's the difference between Tx and T?

May 30, 2013 at 8:55 AM Post #2,547 of 6,404
Quote:

Sorry the cable is here (bottom). Anyone know where to get tips? especially those comply ones that can let me squeeze them whatever way I can? 

Think Gintaras was referring to this cable :-

May 30, 2013 at 9:01 AM Post #2,548 of 6,404
Anak, right, i was wondering what cable is this? i know silver, goldsilver and saw Uber cable in photo but this one looks different to all of them.

yes H20, very sweeeeeeeet package in the photo 
wink_face.gif
 and the sound is sooooo sweet too 
tongue_smile.gif

considering how much gear i bought with your help it's about time now for me to lure you into purchasing spree so my wallet feels vindicated 
tongue.gif

May 30, 2013 at 9:02 AM Post #2,550 of 6,404
Quote:
Honestly Kunlun the 8A isn't even very impressive for me out of the iphone. So far it sounds best to me out of the Nova N1 player and I'm not happy about that at all. I have much better sources than this and that is the best I get.... On my other sources the bass is just too much... It's boomy and steals the entire show. The N1 helps in taming the bass, bringing it more under control, expands the sound staging so its not so narrow and gives the mids more room. The gold cable also has helped bringing more solidity/focus to the sound. I did not enjoy the sound on the stock mangus cable... It was too bland/dull for my tastes. This lead me to pumping up the volume to compensate and all that lead to was fatigue and no satisfaction. So far these have been the most difficult IEMs I've had in terms of finding the right source to pair them with.... The AK120 is my last resort. If they don't deliver to my expectation I'll just have to take the loss and sell them. I'd honestly rather not take such a loss on these though so I'm trying to make accommodations.

I haven't tried that test yet but I'll be sure to try it out. I just hear the 8As treble as being noticeably rolled off. Not saying that is a negative but that is how it sounds to me and what accounts for it being so smooth. The treble really reminds me of the IE80s and in a way the Hifiman 601 which also has rolled off treble (but the 8As definitely have better quality).

I don't mean to say that the 8As don't have decent clarity because they do for a bassy IEM. But I don't think the clarity is on par with the 1Plus2s nor the Sui for that matter. But then again I would think that is to be expected from an IEM that is meant to be more on the warm/bassy side. I hear it as a more laid back and lush sound signature. It's pretty hard to have it all without trade offs.

Yes, actually, that's what I meant--that the iphone does not have enough juice to drive the 8.A. Try the test and let me know, it could be a BA has failed. Otherwise, sorry to hear it hasn't been good for you, but I am glad the 1plus2 has been a great fit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back