Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM (Now With 'New' 1Plus2.2!) Impressions Thread
May 30, 2013 at 9:17 PM Post #2,566 of 6,404
So those with the foam experience, the 500 series fits better on the nozzle than the 400 series?

Thinking of trying the TS version now that they come in large. Last time I tired them when they first came out, medium was the only choice and it was too small. Now to find some coupon codes.

May 30, 2013 at 9:26 PM Post #2,568 of 6,404
Quote:
Yes, actually, that's what I meant--that the iphone does not have enough juice to drive the 8.A. Try the test and let me know, it could be a BA has failed. Otherwise, sorry to hear it hasn't been good for you, but I am glad the 1plus2 has been a great fit.

Kunlun I don't think a BA driver has failed on them. Just the signature is quite dark and laid-back. Finding good synergy with these IEMs is no easy task. On the Triad L3 with Firestone PSU it is more than enough to power them. Thing is there is way too much bass at this point, it hits too hard and it's distracting. Just not a good match. On the Studio V it does help with calming down the bass but the treble then becomes fatiguing on short listening and not to mention the hiss. The N1 from hisound surprisingly sounds really good with them but as I said I pick up 3 types of noises on this device which is ridiculous and very annoying. Noise from the screen being on, noise from the SD card slot and hiss lol.... Now trying them out on the AK120 sounds much better personally. I think I'll be keeping the 8As due to this. I'll have to burn the unit in further but I think things are good so far. We'll see....

May 30, 2013 at 9:47 PM Post #2,569 of 6,404
Quote:
So those with the foam experience, the 500 series fits better on the nozzle than the 400 series?

Thinking of trying the TS version now that they come in large. Last time I tired them when they first came out, medium was the only choice and it was too small. Now to find some coupon codes.

I can only speak for the older 1P2s but I was told back then you could use tips that suit the UE Tri. Fi 10 so the 400s probably wouldn't have even fit on the older 1Plus2s.

I can't imagine the stem size is much different on the latest incarnation 1Plus2s so I imagine the comply 500s are still suitable in this case (assuming all 500s share the same internal diameter). 

May 31, 2013 at 2:16 AM Post #2,570 of 6,404
Nice listening to 1 plus 2 in a nice afternoon. Would like to share impression. 
The source is ak120+ rsa intruder. First thing grabs my attention is the comfort.  Excellent isolation with great seal.
When comes to the SQ, first thing touch me is bass. The bass is well controlled with decent quantity. 
The smoothness and engaging vocal make me enjoy the music rather than pay attention to what equipment I am using.
What blow me away is the soundstage. Proper proportion between width and depth and soundstage is really big. I feel the singer singing in front of me but I cannot tell where where she exactly stands... Overall, the sound is very accurate and instruments separation is awesome!

May 31, 2013 at 2:19 AM Post #2,571 of 6,404
Quote:
Nice listening to 1 plus 2 in a nice afternoon. Would like to share impression. 
The source is ak120+ rsa intruder. First thing grabs my attention is the comfort.  Excellent isolation with great seal.
When comes to the SQ, first thing touch me is bass. The bass is well controlled with decent quantity. 
The smoothness and engaging vocal make me enjoy the music rather than pay attention to what equipment I am using.
What blow me away is the soundstage. Proper proportion between width and depth and soundstage is really big. I feel the singer singing in front of me but I cannot tell where where she exactly stands... Overall, the sound is very accurate and instruments separation is awesome!

Isolation?? I thought that these had bad isolation. 

May 31, 2013 at 2:22 AM Post #2,572 of 6,404
Nice impression and welcome to headfi.

I have been having a lot of time re-listening all my music again. A very unique phone with a pretty good balance across the spectrum for me.

Keep listening ...

May 31, 2013 at 2:46 AM Post #2,574 of 6,404
Quote:
Yea..Also to my surprise.. I used a Ortofon Medium and spend one and half an hour listening in Starbucks.
I ordered UM Miracle 8 weeks ago and havent received them... Wonder whether same isolation can be achieved.

I ordered mine ages ago and they said end of may, but it's still not here. 

May 31, 2013 at 3:19 AM Post #2,575 of 6,404
Quote:

You didn't find that the foam absorbed the higher frequencies making them seem recessed or similar? Then again I only tried the TX-500s. I will try those suggestions. Currently, my favourite are the 'Heir' Tips as they are being called. 

Btw what is the status of the tour? Is it with Gintaras?

yes, i will be passing 1plus2 to the next tour member next Thursday, and yesterday was struggling to take good photos of them and cables 
L3000.gif

funnily 1plus2 was just another IEM where i had NO fit issues whatsoever even with stock tips ... i wonder what ears i have but before you start pocking jokes at me let me tell i am not a Goblin 
k701smile.gif

@ lin0003, this is European tour but i believe there will be Australian tour soon, ask Tralucent.

May 31, 2013 at 3:59 AM Post #2,576 of 6,404
Quote:
Yea..Also to my surprise.. I used a Ortofon Medium and spend one and half an hour listening in Starbucks.
I ordered UM Miracle 8 weeks ago and havent received them... Wonder whether same isolation can be achieved.

The isolation shouldn't be comparable. The miracles will outclass them easily IMO in that regard.

May 31, 2013 at 5:28 AM Post #2,578 of 6,404
Quote:

You didn't find that the foam absorbed the higher frequencies making them seem recessed or similar? Then again I only tried the TX-500s. I will try those suggestions. Currently, my favourite are the 'Heir' Tips as they are being called. 

I have a sensitivity to silicone so I can only tolerate them for short periods of time which means I'm pretty much stuck using foam tips. That's worked out ok for me though because I also seem to be fairly sensitive to treble so foam tips typically sound better to me. In the case of the 1plus2's I found with the T500's the bass was a little on the bloated side, with the Ts500's the bass was big, textured and detailed without being too thick, treble was balanced and had good presence without dominating or becoming harsh and exhibited little to no over emphasis on sibilance.

That's pretty much straight from what I posted earlier, I only tried the T500's for a short time before swapping to the Ts500's but from memory I would say the treble was a bit set back as well.

Quote:

I haven't tried the 400's but from my understanding the nozzle sizes are the same. I had no issues with the 500 series, they went on fairly easily, stayed on and felt secure.

I was surprised by the difference in sound, if anything I think it's worth having some Ts series tips about for variety. So far the Ts series has sounded better to me in every instance I've tried them but I'm sure there will be instances down the road where the opposite is true.

May 31, 2013 at 5:54 AM Post #2,579 of 6,404
Quote:

I have a sensitivity to silicone

ROFL ... sorry chap but i could not hold from ... good laugh... bad me 
k701smile.gif
deadhorse.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back