Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
Feb 21, 2018 at 2:58 PM Post #9,856 of 10,312
Sorry chaiyuta I haven't heard the new cable, but I have been using my new Viper cable (into CIEMs) for about a week now and it's delicious. My third Toxic cable so far and if I needed another I'd go straight back to Toxic Cables again. I'm not going to call a £120 earphone cable a bargain but... Oh what the hell yes I am: Bargain!!

Feb 22, 2018 at 2:14 AM Post #9,857 of 10,312
Can anyone advise me what the sonic differences between Hydra 18 and Hydra 22 (iem cables) are?
Which model is sounding better overall?
Thank you in advance.

Feb 22, 2018 at 11:04 PM Post #9,861 of 10,312
Hey Luck,

There are a few customers that have both, hopefully someone will be able to help answer your questions soon.
Thank you, Frank.
Hope you have been doing great.

Feb 22, 2018 at 11:39 PM Post #9,863 of 10,312
Hi Frank @Toxic Cables ,

If I order a cable with a special 2-pin connector and later change IEMs, would it be possible to send them in to reterminate them accordingly? Of course I would pay for that.

Thanks for the info and all the best,
Robin

Feb 23, 2018 at 1:08 AM Post #9,864 of 10,312
Can anyone advise me what the sonic differences between Hydra 18 and Hydra 22 (iem cables) are?
Which model is sounding better overall?
Thank you in advance.

I would say they sound pretty much the same as they are both the same material and the difference in quantity of metal is not huge. I haven't tried either of them with the new insulation but from my previous experience the 22 is more flexible due to its woven structure but slightly less comfortable over the ears and the 18 is a bit stiffer/coiled but more comfortable over the ears.

I hope that helps.

Feb 23, 2018 at 1:14 AM Post #9,865 of 10,312
I would say they sound pretty much the same as they are both the same material and the difference in quantity of metal is not huge. I haven't tried either of them with the new insulation but from my previous experience the 22 is more flexible due to its woven structure but slightly less comfortable over the ears and the 18 is a bit stiffer/coiled but more comfortable over the ears.

I hope that helps.
@Rowethren
Thank you very much for your advice.

Feb 24, 2018 at 8:25 AM Post #9,866 of 10,312
Hi Frank @Toxic Cables ,

If I order a cable with a special 2-pin connector and later change IEMs, would it be possible to send them in to reterminate them accordingly? Of course I would pay for that.

Thanks for the info and all the best,
Robin
Hi Robin,

Absolutely, we can change terminations for you on our cables at a later date, as many times as you like for a small charge.

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2018 at 12:39 PM Post #9,867 of 10,312
Hi Robin,

Absolutely, we can change terminations for you on our cables at a later date, as many times as you like for a small charge.

Hi Frank,

Thats great news. I will send you an email in a few weeks!

Thanks and all the best,
Robin

Feb 26, 2018 at 5:43 AM Post #9,869 of 10,312
Hi

I am soon get my order for the new unname SPC Litz Cable, I never have this kinds of material from Toxic Cable, so will be my first time, looking forward. :wink:

I've not personally shipped any of the new SPC Litz yet, so no one has this yet.

Anyone waiting for replies to PM or emails, i will be going through them this weekend, very sorry for the wait.

Feb 26, 2018 at 5:52 AM Post #9,870 of 10,312

Users who are viewing this thread

Back