Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
Jan 26, 2018 at 2:07 PM Post #9,841 of 10,312
frank's probably busy that's why the order is being delayed, they are made to order and not made in bulks.
just wait patiently, frank will reply when he is free

it used to be longer than 14weeks because frank used to work alone IIRC...xD
I’m looking for some form of communication from “Frank” I have run a very successful business for 28 years & good communication is essential. He’s had the money & I have no goods. I had an email from him that said the cable should be shipped before the 14 weeks...????

Jan 26, 2018 at 3:12 PM Post #9,842 of 10,312
Hi,
I placed an order with Toxic Cables 14 weeks ago & still I have no cable, I have paid for my cable in full, I am aware that it says 14 weeks on the website. The communication regarding this purchase has been rubbish, ie very little apart from to remind me that it will take 14 weeks (I enquired once only). I ordered a headphone cable from both Atlas cables & Custom Cans & both of these suppliers cables arrived in a matter of days with good comms. I have emailed Toxic to remind them of my outstanding cable and no reply 24hrs later...... This purchase has been both costly and painful.

A response from Toxic would be appreciated.
I am not really sure why you mention the cables from the other companies as it has no relevance IMO. If you were quoted 14 weeks it was an approximate time given I would say. I know frank replies to his emails when he has time , as he focuses on getting the orders out first . I am sure you will get a reply when he does his next batch of emails.

Jan 26, 2018 at 6:11 PM Post #9,843 of 10,312
I am not really sure why you mention the cables from the other companies as it has no relevance IMO. If you were quoted 14 weeks it was an approximate time given I would say. I know frank replies to his emails when he has time , as he focuses on getting the orders out first . I am sure you will get a reply when he does his next batch of emails.
I mentioned cables from other companies because they communicate with their cients, unlike Toxic, The contract started when I paid nearly £300 for this cable if he is unable to deliver within the stated 14 weeks, then he is in breach of contract and I’m happy to receive a refund for lack of delivery of the goods, We have laws in the UK for these exact reasons. I am wuite happy to share the complete email trail to do with this transaction as I have nothing to hide.

Jan 26, 2018 at 6:34 PM Post #9,844 of 10,312
I also ordered a cable about 8 weeks ago.....I honestly was not expecting any communication until it is ready. If its a week or too late it wont bother me. If you are worried about them not fulfilling the order then I wouldnt as I am sure they will

Jan 26, 2018 at 6:43 PM Post #9,845 of 10,312
I also ordered a cable about 8 weeks ago.....I honestly was not expecting any communication until it is ready. If its a week or too late it wont bother me. If you are worried about them not fulfilling the order then I wouldnt as I am sure they will
Hi Womaz,
Many thanks for your reassurance, I have not had any dealings with Toxic before and three hundred sterling for a cable is quite a bit, with little or no communication.
It’s not rocket sience, Frank seems to keep in touch on head-fi more than he does with his clients.........

Jan 26, 2018 at 6:56 PM Post #9,846 of 10,312
Hi Womaz,
Many thanks for your reassurance, I have not had any dealings with Toxic before and three hundred sterling for a cable is quite a bit, with little or no communication.
It’s not rocket sience, Frank seems to keep in touch on head-fi more than he does with his clients.........

I think he does his emails in like one bulk session , not as they come in. I seem to recall he had some personal issues late last year so he fell behind with orders so I think he focuses on those rather than his emails. Honest I would not worry, as I am sure you will get your order it just maybe a little late

Jan 27, 2018 at 1:18 PM Post #9,847 of 10,312
20180127_172754.jpg
As I just discovered it takes time to make a good cable. It took me 6 hours to make these today. All parts from Toxic. Both cables are balanced to use on the go with a FIIO x5 and a AK70 Mk2.

The detail is already improved on both headphones Oppo PM3 and Shure SE535.

Again, thank you Frank and Toxic Cables. I see now why it takes time for you to produce such cables.

Jan 27, 2018 at 10:56 PM Post #9,848 of 10,312
I just ordered a cable for my he560, and its the older model with the screw on connectors. I just want to make sure the option for the HE300, HE400, HE500, and HE6 is the scew on connectors and not the plug in kind.

Jan 29, 2018 at 1:42 PM Post #9,850 of 10,312
Hi,
I placed an order with Toxic Cables 14 weeks ago & still I have no cable, I have paid for my cable in full, I am aware that it says 14 weeks on the website. The communication regarding this purchase has been rubbish, ie very little apart from to remind me that it will take 14 weeks (I enquired once only). I ordered a headphone cable from both Atlas cables & Custom Cans & both of these suppliers cables arrived in a matter of days with good comms. I have emailed Toxic to remind them of my outstanding cable and no reply 24hrs later...... This purchase has been both costly and painful.

A response from Toxic would be appreciated.

I did indeed mention the order would be 14 weeks when you first contacted after placing the order, then said another 6 weeks when you asked at the 8 week point. I am sorry for the wait on your cable, we are running behind on some older orders and expect yours to ship 10-12 days later then estimated, so very early next week, there are some that have run later and will go out this week.

Unfortunately theirs not many customers that do get a reply within 24hrs to emails unless we are going through emails at that point, we do get a lot of emails daily and i do prioritise making existing orders then spending 2-3 hours on emails daily, we usually go through them in bulk and then over the next few days and not again till some time later.

Regarding communication, sending regular weekly or fortnightly updates is not something we do, after the order is placed, usually the next time you would hear from me is when the order is shipped unless i or the customer has any questions regarding the order.

Jan 29, 2018 at 1:44 PM Post #9,852 of 10,312
I have to share my experience with Toxic Cables. I need two cables.

Oppo PM3 balanced cable (yes the internal wiring supports it !)
Shure SE535 to balanced 2.5mm

The Oppo cable can't be purchased in Europe and the other one is way out of my budget. So I though DIY has to be the way to go. But I am a bit of a newb when it comes to audio cabling.

Try finding good cable in the UK. I found some Okish microphone cable but not really what I was after.

Anyway I email frank (Toxic Cables) asking for advice told him my budget and my needs. First off he came strait back to me with good advice. Then I placed two separate orders and he packaged them up in on deliver.

All pretty normal you say. How about he refunded my P&P from the second order without me asking for it. He sent me some silver solder at no charge to help me out, he sent me a 3.5mm plug I was thinking about at no cost. He kept me in the know when my stuff would be posted and he didn't forget anything he promised.

Not to mention the cable and connectors I received is absolutely spot on.

Thank you Toxic Cables and Frank.

Thank you and great work with the cables :L3000:

Feb 5, 2018 at 7:05 AM Post #9,853 of 10,312
has anyone tried SW with campfire andromeda? good fit sonically?
thanks.

Feb 5, 2018 at 9:40 PM Post #9,854 of 10,312
Haven’t been on head fi for a while and just checking the last page on the toxic thread shows no change in the type of posts!

I think if potential purchasers read a few pages to find out about the product they will also come across the way Frank works and also how happy everyone is with their cables despite the time it takes and the apparent lack of communication. I have bought stuff from another British company which is almost family run and they don’t communicate much either but concentrate on getting a good product out. They also take a good length of time to deliver.

As an aside, I don’t really want to say Franks cables are cheap as he might be tempted to put the price up! However, I have got cables that are three times the price and honestly they don’t sound as good as Toxic

Users who are viewing this thread

Back