Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
Jan 19, 2018 at 8:35 AM Post #9,826 of 10,312
Hi to all

Owner of LCD-2F and yesterday i placed my order for the SW22 . Everybody says how extremley better are theses cables compared to stock cables.. In 14(?) week we will find out.....

Jan 19, 2018 at 2:59 PM Post #9,827 of 10,312
Hi to all

Owner of LCD-2F and yesterday i placed my order for the SW22 . Everybody says how extremley better are theses cables compared to stock cables.. In 14(?) week we will find out.....

Hi,
Everybody is right. It's like having a similar, but substantially better, set of headphones.

Don't be concerned about recent comments suggesting that vocals are somewhat subdued with the SW22; I have not noticed that myself. I respect the people who report in this way but I'm sure it's a minor effect and you'll love the SW22 (especially after it has run in).

Jan 20, 2018 at 5:13 AM Post #9,828 of 10,312
@Xamdou : Hi, Xamdou, Long time to see you since my very first posts in High-End IEM thread. How many upgraded cable do you have now?

Jan 20, 2018 at 10:59 AM Post #9,831 of 10,312
Hello Toxic users,

I was looking at purchasing the medusa 17AWG cable for my LCD4 and I wanted to know if being an all Silver cable it won't lower some Bass impact ??
I trust that trebles will be exhausted but what about Bass ??
What can be said on this topic ?

Claude.

Jan 20, 2018 at 12:00 PM Post #9,832 of 10,312
I am lurking around this thread since I have been planning on purchasing a sw22 for ages. As far as I understand, silver is the best conductor, and the purer the better. Would that be a fair statement? In that case, what benefits would gold add to a cable? And how pure would the most pure silver cable be that you sell (for IEMs)? Would that be the SW22? Thanks for clarifications.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 20, 2018 at 12:20 PM Post #9,833 of 10,312
I am lurking around this thread since I have been planning on purchasing a sw22 for ages. As far as I understand, silver is the best conductor, and the purer the better. Would that be a fair statement? In that case, what benefits would gold add to a cable? And how pure would the most pure silver cable be that you sell (for IEMs)? Would that be the SW22? Thanks for clarifications.

No, i would not agree with that statement to a degree, pure silver cables have various drawbacks that you can read about all over the forum. We design and make our cables based on how they sound to us, there is no point in us having the purest or most conductive cable if myself or my customers don't like how it sounds with our set up.

The SW22 again has an addition of gold, if you are looking for all silver, we have several options too, including the Hydra 22, Hydra 18 and the Anthrax, all 3 of these are pure OCC high purity silver manufactured for us by the number 1 (in my opinion) OCC wire manufacturer in the world. That's 3 options of all silver cables you have.

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2018 at 12:41 PM Post #9,834 of 10,312
No, i would not agree with that statement to a degree, pure silver cables have various drawbacks that you can read about all over the forum. We design and make our cables based on how they sound to us, there is no point in us having the purest or most conductive cable if myself or my customers don't like how it sounds with our set up.

The SW22 again has an addition of gold, if you are looking for all silver, we have several options too, including the Hydra 22, Hydra 18 and the Anthrax, all 3 of these are pure OCC high purity silver manufactured for us by the number 1 (in my opinion) OCC wire manufacturer in the world. That's 3 options of all silver cables you have.
Hello,
I was looking at purchasing the medusa 17AWG cable for my LCD4 and I wanted to know if being an all Silver cable (with some Gold I understand) it won't lower some Bass impact ??
I trust that trebles will be exhausted but what about Bass and Mediums ??
How it could compare with Copper or Copper/Silver for the LCD4 ??

Claude.

Jan 20, 2018 at 1:53 PM Post #9,835 of 10,312
As soom as i receive the SW 22 i would post my impressions. And if are better than default LCD cable i would post it. I cannot justify a wire by its material since i am not an expert but i can with my ears and until now i have seen differences between them

My surprise with the web page i mentioned is that the guy build a webpage only for that! In a moment i though that you had stolen his wife.hahaha

Jan 20, 2018 at 7:44 PM Post #9,836 of 10,312
Hi Claude, Medusa 17 is a Cable with a extremely good treble extension just like Hydra, but smoother, the bass is fast and textured, mid is also smooth and soft, I think it will perfect match with LCD4.

FYI

Thanks

Hello,
I was looking at purchasing the medusa 17AWG cable for my LCD4 and I wanted to know if being an all Silver cable (with some Gold I understand) it won't lower some Bass impact ??
I trust that trebles will be exhausted but what about Bass and Mediums ??
How it could compare with Copper or Copper/Silver for the LCD4 ??

Claude.

Jan 24, 2018 at 5:54 PM Post #9,837 of 10,312
Just too delivery of a Medusa for my K10s and my first impressions is over the ear comfort is supreme, I think because it is fairly thick it is spread over a larger surface area so it doesn't dig in at all, the insulation is still really soft as well. It is definitely less flexible than the SW22 v2 but not by a huge amount. Will give it a proper test tomorrow on my commute but so far it seems good.

Jan 26, 2018 at 2:51 AM Post #9,838 of 10,312
I have to share my experience with Toxic Cables. I need two cables.

Oppo PM3 balanced cable (yes the internal wiring supports it !)
Shure SE535 to balanced 2.5mm

The Oppo cable can't be purchased in Europe and the other one is way out of my budget. So I though DIY has to be the way to go. But I am a bit of a newb when it comes to audio cabling.

Try finding good cable in the UK. I found some Okish microphone cable but not really what I was after.

Anyway I email frank (Toxic Cables) asking for advice told him my budget and my needs. First off he came strait back to me with good advice. Then I placed two separate orders and he packaged them up in on deliver.

All pretty normal you say. How about he refunded my P&P from the second order without me asking for it. He sent me some silver solder at no charge to help me out, he sent me a 3.5mm plug I was thinking about at no cost. He kept me in the know when my stuff would be posted and he didn't forget anything he promised.

Not to mention the cable and connectors I received is absolutely spot on.

Thank you Toxic Cables and Frank.

Jan 26, 2018 at 11:29 AM Post #9,839 of 10,312
Hi,
I placed an order with Toxic Cables 14 weeks ago & still I have no cable, I have paid for my cable in full, I am aware that it says 14 weeks on the website. The communication regarding this purchase has been rubbish, ie very little apart from to remind me that it will take 14 weeks (I enquired once only). I ordered a headphone cable from both Atlas cables & Custom Cans & both of these suppliers cables arrived in a matter of days with good comms. I have emailed Toxic to remind them of my outstanding cable and no reply 24hrs later...... This purchase has been both costly and painful.

A response from Toxic would be appreciated.

Jan 26, 2018 at 12:39 PM Post #9,840 of 10,312
frank's probably busy that's why the order is being delayed, they are made to order and not made in bulks.
just wait patiently, frank will reply when he is free

it used to be longer than 14weeks because frank used to work alone IIRC...xD

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back