Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
Feb 26, 2018 at 5:55 AM Post #9,871 of 10,312
Just received my GW24, the cable was so soft, finishing remained in high standard with great improvement over my old SW22. The sound matched well with my rather cold sounded K10, the vocal was so sweet and comfortable, treble extension is a bit inferior than SW22, but still in a good range. Bass is not as hard as SW22, but in a more surrounded form. Matched with Sony wm1z and K10 the vocal is at the front side, while background instruments are still clear. I would recommend it for moody music. The separation and soundstage are smaller than SW22 at the moment, maybe it needs more run-in. I will give further update after 200 hrs run in of cable.
Thanks Frank for speedy delivery and good communication, well done again.
IMG_20180224_153646_resized.jpg
IMG_20180224_153631_resized.jpg

Feb 27, 2018 at 2:05 PM Post #9,873 of 10,312
Bought the Silver Poison cables for my HD800s two years ago to replace the Sennheiser stock ones which disintegrated on me. Love the sound. Instantly noticeable improvement in the high-end compared to the Sennheiser stock cable.

Unfortunately, about 1.5 years in, the right cable broke on the inside a few inches after the termination at the phones. It was "fixable" by tying the cable to the plug to hold it in a certain position (but not ideal because it intermittently goes out unless you fiddle with it a bit). A few months later, the left side started exhibiting the same issue. Today, one of the wires on the left side literally just snapped in the same place. Was fiddling with it to try to get it in a position where it would work again (not applying any force).

I was able to repair it by cutting the cables and resoldering them to the terminals, but it was a bit of a hassle considering the plugs are completely sealed. Had to get out a razor blade to break through the outer layer of insulation, only to find that there's a layer of glue/epoxy completely surrounding the solder joints which I had to destroy to get into. Turns out that epoxy was necessary, because the electrical part of the plug doesn't actually stay securely in the housing without it, so I had to superglue it. Praying right now that my soldering job holds because I don't want to have to disassemble it all again.

It's disappointing to pay 200 pounds and wait two months for a hand-made cable only for it to break like this not too long into its lifespan, and even more disappointing that it's not a bit easier to repair. I really hope this repair holds because I'm starting to get tired of shelling out hundreds of pounds for cables...

Sound is A++, though. I'd only recommend buying them if your stock cable breaks, because I don't think the difference is significant enough to justify the purchase otherwise. (and they're cheaper than replacement stock cables, so why not?)

Mar 1, 2018 at 6:54 AM Post #9,874 of 10,312
Hi guys. Well my 14 weeks of wait is over I think. Do I get an email from Toxic when my cable has been shipped or do they just send it out?

Mar 1, 2018 at 7:34 AM Post #9,875 of 10,312
Normally they just arrive but if you are concerned throw them an email and they should reply in a day or so.

Mar 1, 2018 at 8:17 AM Post #9,876 of 10,312
Normally they just arrive but if you are concerned throw them an email and they should reply in a day or so.

Thanks for reply, not worried I was just not sure if the waiting time had increased. If not it is due on Monday ......well I guess weather dependent now :astonished:

Mar 1, 2018 at 1:53 PM Post #9,877 of 10,312
Hi guys. Well my 14 weeks of wait is over I think. Do I get an email from Toxic when my cable has been shipped or do they just send it out?
Could you PM me with your order details, we do have a batch in production now, they are going to ship towards the later part of next week. Your cable will more then likely be in that batch if it's been 14 weeks.

For orders placed on the website, we do mark the cable as dispatched once sent, if the site if not playing up, in which case you would get a dispatch notification.

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2018 at 4:13 AM Post #9,878 of 10,312
Dear all, recently i got this Toxic Cable Silver Widow for my Audeze LCD3
It sound definitely different to the stock or Moon Audio Silver Dragon that i have.
Its too early to share my opinion.. need some time and i will do )
But my first impression the sound with toxic cable is very smooth and flat. Mach less bass but also less highs.
Could you help me to identify what version of Silver Widow it is?
My guess its Toxic Cable Silver Widow V1 22AWG. But not sure...

unnamed.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2018 at 4:57 PM Post #9,879 of 10,312
Hi, I would like to ask for cable recommendation for my Acoustune HS1551CU (1D driver) earphones. Stock cable is MMCX Re-cable, L=1.2m (4-core) (probably it is this one). I will use it with Mojo. I am copying some of the key characteristics of these earphones from a review:
- Weighty warm liquid bassy sound, dominant low frequencies (middle/upper bass to lower mids), there is a decent (nicely controlled) bass impact in the center of this, a little loose sounding, hefty warm bass body. It has weak, decent, smooth treble. Mojo somehow tries to clear the sound, and highlights upper mids and lower treble but still clarity and instrument separation remains a weak points. Microdetail is missing.

Specs

Transducer: Φ10mm Single Dynamic Driver
Impedance: 32Ω
Sound Pressure Level: 110dB/mW
Frequency Range: 10Hz~25KHz
Cable: MMCX Re-cable, L=1.2m (4-core)
Plug: Φ3.5mm plug (gold plated), L-type
Shell: Chamber – 100% Brass CNC milling, Housing – 100% Aluminum CNC milling

Requirements for a cable: it should help Mojo to improve on clarity, separation and neutrality (if possible). It should probably be copper, as these iems are all about warm sound, but it should probably try to take it a little to the neutral side of warmness (not a requirement, just a suggestion). Price relative to the cost of these iems (they costed me 470+125usd custom duty). I am thinking about Ares II and No.5, but if your opinion is, that some of your cable is more suitable for my needs, tell me about it, please :). What would Black widow V2 do with the sound? Or is there more suitable cable? What about plug coating? Is gold or rhodium better for my needs?

Thank you.

Mar 13, 2018 at 7:54 AM Post #9,881 of 10,312
Hi, I would like to ask for cable recommendation for my Acoustune HS1551CU (1D driver) earphones. Stock cable is MMCX Re-cable, L=1.2m (4-core) (probably it is this one). I will use it with Mojo. I am copying some of the key characteristics of these earphones from a review:
- Weighty warm liquid bassy sound, dominant low frequencies (middle/upper bass to lower mids), there is a decent (nicely controlled) bass impact in the center of this, a little loose sounding, hefty warm bass body. It has weak, decent, smooth treble. Mojo somehow tries to clear the sound, and highlights upper mids and lower treble but still clarity and instrument separation remains a weak points. Microdetail is missing.

Specs

Transducer: Φ10mm Single Dynamic Driver
Impedance: 32Ω
Sound Pressure Level: 110dB/mW
Frequency Range: 10Hz~25KHz
Cable: MMCX Re-cable, L=1.2m (4-core)
Plug: Φ3.5mm plug (gold plated), L-type
Shell: Chamber – 100% Brass CNC milling, Housing – 100% Aluminum CNC milling

Requirements for a cable: it should help Mojo to improve on clarity, separation and neutrality (if possible). It should probably be copper, as these iems are all about warm sound, but it should probably try to take it a little to the neutral side of warmness (not a requirement, just a suggestion). Price relative to the cost of these iems (they costed me 470+125usd custom duty). I am thinking about Ares II and No.5, but if your opinion is, that some of your cable is more suitable for my needs, tell me about it, please :). What would Black widow V2 do with the sound? Or is there more suitable cable? What about plug coating? Is gold or rhodium better for my needs?

Thank you.

You may be better emailing Toxic with this information.

Mar 16, 2018 at 6:48 AM Post #9,883 of 10,312
SW22 turned up yesterday. I don't really know enough to start outlining the differences between the standard Noble cable and the SW22, and I ain't going to A/B them, so instead I'll just go with: holy hell this sounds good.

IMG_2082.jpg

Properly solid bit of kit, feels wonderful, exceptionally well made. And to be honest, the lack of any sort of memory wire works better for me than the original Noble cable (I'm a glasses wearer – was always getting rubs / knocks / etc).

Thanks a million, Toxic – certainly very glad I made my first 'proper' headphone cable purchase from you guys.

Mar 16, 2018 at 7:36 PM Post #9,884 of 10,312
SW22 turned up yesterday. I don't really know enough to start outlining the differences between the standard Noble cable and the SW22, and I ain't going to A/B them, so instead I'll just go with: holy hell this sounds good.

Properly solid bit of kit, feels wonderful, exceptionally well made. And to be honest, the lack of any sort of memory wire works better for me than the original Noble cable (I'm a glasses wearer – was always getting rubs / knocks / etc).

Thanks a million, Toxic – certainly very glad I made my first 'proper' headphone cable purchase from you guys.

Looks great. How is the flexibility?

Mar 17, 2018 at 5:20 AM Post #9,885 of 10,312
Looks great. How is the flexibility?

Absolutely fine. When I first opened the envelope and saw the sheer heft of the thing, I worried that it’d be quite inflexible (think original AudioQuest NightHawk cable, if you’ve seen one). But nope, it’s all good. Other than the weight, you wouldn’t know you were using a premium cable. Will happily use it out and about, no worries at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back