Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
Sep 22, 2017 at 11:13 AM Post #9,724 of 10,312
What's the wait time for these cables?

I ordered mine in May and they arrived early September. I have a full complement of Silver Widow 22 V2 for my Sony Z1R, Mrspeaker Ether Flows and Noble Audio K10 and they are all fantastic quality, well worth the wait.

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2017 at 2:16 PM Post #9,725 of 10,312
Can someone please let me know the difference between the Hydra 22 and Silver Widow 22 (not sure where the V2 is on the website either). I'll be using a 2.5mm TRRS termination with my set up.

Cheers

Sep 24, 2017 at 1:33 PM Post #9,726 of 10,312
Can someone please let me know the difference between the Hydra 22 and Silver Widow 22 (not sure where the V2 is on the website either). I'll be using a 2.5mm TRRS termination with my set up.

Cheers
I have the Hydra 22 and Silver Widow 22 (v1); I use them with my IEMs. Both have excellent technical qualities, but the Hydra is the brighter of the 2. For that reason, I use the Kaiser Encore with the Silver Widow, but not with the Hydra, as the latter combination results in an overly bright sound.

The Hydra is also a little thicker than the Silver Widow, but I think that this might change, as the v2 looks a little different from its v1 counterpart.

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2017 at 2:32 PM Post #9,727 of 10,312
I have the Hydra 22 and Silver Widow 22 (v1); I use them with my IEMs. Both have excellent technical qualities, but the Hydra is the brighter of the 2. For that reason, I use the Kaiser Encore with the Silver Widow, but not with the Hydra, as the latter combination results in an overly bright sound.

The Hydra is also a little thicker than the Silver Widow, but I think that this might change, as the v2 looks a little different from its v1 counterpart.

Thanks mate.

Oct 6, 2017 at 9:56 PM Post #9,729 of 10,312
Probably never had a good connection. I've seen folks mostly solder just the flat end and insulating layer and not the skin of the actually wire unless they know what they are doing or have the right tools. Anything can break but that looks like it was never right nor probably sounded it. There's good reason to get the real thing.

Oct 8, 2017 at 2:08 AM Post #9,732 of 10,312
Looking for a mid-priced cable to drive my cans. Prefer detail without sacrificing smoothness, and better soundstage/imaging capabilities. Would silver poison fit the bill?

Oct 8, 2017 at 3:03 AM Post #9,733 of 10,312
Looking for a mid-priced cable to drive my cans. Prefer detail without sacrificing smoothness, and better soundstage/imaging capabilities. Would silver poison fit the bill?

Based on my experience with the SP for my Sen HD600's, the SP would be a great choice. It did absolutely everything better than stock cable. More detail and dynamics etc, etc, yet smoother too.
It's also thin and light weight. Mine didn't have the external sheath option, so I can't comment on that.

Oct 8, 2017 at 10:00 AM Post #9,734 of 10,312
Based on my experience with the SP for my Sen HD600's, the SP would be a great choice. It did absolutely everything better than stock cable. More detail and dynamics etc, etc, yet smoother too.
It's also thin and light weight. Mine didn't have the external sheath option, so I can't comment on that.
Thank you. Do you know if they have sales periods eg Black Friday?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back