Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
Oct 28, 2014 at 9:23 PM Post #7,306 of 10,317
hey...maybe Kiats can help you? he is the one with more iems then i ever could imagine anyone would own :D

hey Kiats..can u maybe help this fellow future toxican?

I heard my name...? Heheh! I actually don't have the K10. It is a very smooth sounding IEM. I wouldn't upset that smoothness. So, the BW would keep the balanced organic sound while improving the details. :)

Oct 29, 2014 at 1:34 AM Post #7,307 of 10,317
Just completed my payment for two 8 ft silver poisons! (1 hifiman, 1 Auduze)! Can not wait to receive them!

Must be patient...

Oct 29, 2014 at 8:06 AM Post #7,309 of 10,317
i have Silver Widow right now, love it, but with my new setup the bass became more punchy than i like

so i am getting my BW and pure silver cables today, they got burned in for 100 hours too

i am using UM mnentor CIEM,  wanted to know few things

does the BW have punchier bass than SW? or is it a warm bass with less punch than SW? (really hope so.. lol )

the silver got cleaner sound than the BW right? 

which one is cleaner the SP or the normal Silver occ litz ? (both from frank ofc)

how less punchier the bass from the SP to SW?

thanks in advance ^^

Oct 30, 2014 at 12:38 AM Post #7,310 of 10,317
Hi guys, amazing thread, first post. I am looking for an upgrade cable for my Shure 846, driven by CLAS DB / Chord Hugo. In this setup the sonics is great, *but* it is a tiny bit overly smooth, and the treble lacks energy and bite. I need a cable that would open up the HF, but retain the organic mids and impactful bass of the stock cable. The stock 846 cable AFAIK is SPC.

Max has been helping me via email, and he feels the choices for me are either the SW or Virus. With the SW I am worried this may bring the 846 too much on the bright side of neutral w/c I do not like. I tried the supplied white filters on the 846 w/c gives a 2.5 DB boost in HF, and I found it fatiguing. I also worry the SW might decrease bass impact. With the Virus, I am worried that since the stock cable is already SPC, the Virus may not give enough boost in the HF to resolve the overly smooth sound. I have searched this thread for comments on 846/Toxic combination and amazingly no one so far seem to have done this, or at least posted. So which one do you think is the better match - SW or Virus??

Cheers,
Noel

Oct 30, 2014 at 12:43 AM Post #7,311 of 10,317
  Hi guys, amazing thread, first post. I am looking for an upgrade cable for my Shure 846, driven by CLAS DB / Chord Hugo. In this setup the sonics is great, *but* it is a tiny bit overly smooth, and the treble lacks energy and bite. I need a cable that would open up the HF, but retain the organic mids and impactful bass of the stock cable. The stock 846 cable AFAIK is SPC.

Max has been helping me via email, and he feels the choices for me are either the SW or Virus. With the SW I am worried this may bring the 846 too much on the bright side of neutral w/c I do not like. I tried the supplied white filters on the 846 w/c gives a 2.5 DB boost in HF, and I found it fatiguing. I also worry the SW might decrease bass impact. With the Virus, I am worried that since the stock cable is already SPC, the Virus may not give enough boost in the HF to resolve the overly smooth sound. I have searched this thread for comments on 846/Toxic combination and amazingly no one so far seem to have done this, or at least posted. So which one do you think is the better match - SW or Virus??

Cheers,
Noel

Virus is nothing like SPC. That's Viper. 

I've never tried the Viper but I've stayed away from SPC because I also find that I am easily affected by sharp treble or too much treble. 

I do however own one Virus cable for one of my IEMs and I can tell you that the increased clarity compared to a BW is VERY noticeable. As for the SW, I owned one and sold it because I found that it changed the sound signature completely into something I didn't like. There was more clarity but I wanted more weight and presence in the bass (even though there WAS bass... it just didn't sound the way I liked). The improved treble also made some sounds too tinny and light; with insufficient weight. It could have been my source/interconnect/music but I wasn't getting that with BW or Virus. At the end of the day I found the Virus to be the perfect balance. 

That's my twocents. 

Oct 30, 2014 at 3:31 AM Post #7,312 of 10,317
My friends, the Silver Venom has landed!

Oct 30, 2014 at 5:30 AM Post #7,313 of 10,317
Thanks, I was actually leaning towards the SW but on the basis of your comment below (SW changing sound signature) I am now favoring the Virus.

Quote:

Virus is nothing like SPC. That's Viper. 

I've never tried the Viper but I've stayed away from SPC because I also find that I am easily affected by sharp treble or too much treble. 

I do however own one Virus cable for one of my IEMs and I can tell you that the increased clarity compared to a BW is VERY noticeable. As for the SW, I owned one and sold it because I found that it changed the sound signature completely into something I didn't like. There was more clarity but I wanted more weight and presence in the bass (even though there WAS bass... it just didn't sound the way I liked). The improved treble also made some sounds too tinny and light; with insufficient weight. It could have been my source/interconnect/music but I wasn't getting that with BW or Virus. At the end of the day I found the Virus to be the perfect balance. 

That's my twocents. 

Oct 30, 2014 at 8:57 AM Post #7,315 of 10,317
Kiats, that is for which IEM?

That's for Fitear IEMs. The Venom brings with it a deep and rich tone and deep textured soundstage. Guan22 described the sound as "majestic". I am pleased about the deep tone and soundstage. I expect it will be a wider soundstage as it burns in. :)

Oct 30, 2014 at 9:36 AM Post #7,317 of 10,317
Oct 30, 2014 at 10:05 AM Post #7,318 of 10,317
Thanks! Now I'm tempted to put the Silver Venom for cans on my wish list for next year.
smily_headphones1.gif

You have so many cans:) I wonder which cans will be the fortunate one. hehe

Oct 30, 2014 at 10:42 AM Post #7,319 of 10,317
  You have so many cans:) I wonder which cans will be the fortunate one. hehe

Without doubt, it would be the Abyss. 

I have a copper venom on order with Frank to come with Abyss connectors. It is an absolutely wonderful can and deserve to be pushed as far it can be. 
atsmile.gif

Oct 30, 2014 at 10:58 AM Post #7,320 of 10,317
That's for Fitear IEMs. The Venom brings with it a deep and rich tone and deep textured soundstage. Guan22 described the sound as "majestic". I am pleased about the deep tone and soundstage. I expect it will be a wider soundstage as it burns in. :)

Many thanks to Kiat for allowing me the pleasure of spending 2 hours of my night with the Silver Venom.
Wun say much due to MoT status, but this cable really opened my ears.

Once again, thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back