Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
Jul 26, 2014 at 1:38 PM Post #6,976 of 10,312
  Hmmm....Double Bonus for you mate....Leicter City back in the Premiership this year......

Not a football fan myself. I expect it'll be a source of some joy and much misery to the lads in the office this coming year, unlike Frank's cables which are always a joy.
biggrin.gif

Jul 26, 2014 at 5:20 PM Post #6,977 of 10,312
  It's been a long wait but my Silver Widow cable for my Alpha Dogs finally arrived this morning. This is my forth Silver Widow cable, already have one for my HD600's, my HD800's and my Tralucent 1plus2's. On each occasion I wonder what the Silver Widow will bring the listening experience and on each occasion it's exceeded my expectation.

So how does is sound with the Alpha Dogs? First impression was that it didn't seem to change the overall tonal balance very much from the stock cable. What the SW does bring is tightness and more definition to the bass. The top end has the characteristic Silver Widow top end, being sweet, detailed and spacious. The things I kept noticing track after track was the rich, detailed mid-range and the overall smoothness of the Alpha Dog/Silver Widow combination.

Thank you Frank, it was worth the wait.

Sorry for the long wait mate and your patience, not a single message since placing the order. Glad it arrived safely, please do snap a pic if you get a chance, i never got the time to take one, as i don't have any pics for those cables.

Going through messages today.

Our ship sails on the 30th and i am back on Sept 29th. In that time, one of my staff will be dealing with messages and can take orders which will ship when i get back, i don't like cables going out without me making sure they are perfect first, so my staff will only be dealing with messages.

I will post a list of cables i have ready that only need termination, which i can do and ship as soon as i get back. Anyone placing order while i am away will get free shipping on orders over £150.

I have a very limited quantity of SW and Virus in black French Silk, this was made by sleeving the actual wire without the PE insulation, so it's extremely flexible and lightweight. Place and order for either while i am away and get the silk sleeved cable at no extra cost, usually costs £40-50 extra per cable. BW also available with black/brown and black/red silk sleeve.

A handfull of orders will not be ready in time, most of the customers have been advised this when placing the order, those that i cannot get ready, will get a free upgrade when i am back, or receive a voucher for their next order.

I have considered letting my staff make and ship orders while i am away, what do you guys think? I just feel more comfortable checking each order before it goes out, because there have been times i have binned cables and had them make it again when it was not to my standards.

Please do keep the thread alive while i am away guys, would be great. Also if there is any posts that could start arguments, please just ignore it, as replying to them can just get the thread locked.

Jul 26, 2014 at 6:32 PM Post #6,979 of 10,312
Hey Frank, I wish you  all the best & a well deserved break with your family. Enjoy & Bon Voyage.....

+1 i totally agree, and get good inspiration for my new venom for when ur back :D

Jul 26, 2014 at 6:35 PM Post #6,980 of 10,312
Jul 26, 2014 at 9:43 PM Post #6,982 of 10,312
Have a well deserved break, Frank! :)

Jul 26, 2014 at 11:50 PM Post #6,984 of 10,312
Hi Guys,

Was reading a review of the Hifiman HE-560. The Copper Venom was recommended by the reviewer. What's the difference between the Copper Venom and the Black Widow in terms of sound?

Thanks

Jul 26, 2014 at 11:58 PM Post #6,986 of 10,312
  Hi Guys,

Was reading a review of the Hifiman HE-560. The Copper Venom was recommended by the reviewer. What's the difference between the Copper Venom and the Black Widow in terms of sound?

Thanks

The Copper Venom is supposed to sound better and is TC's flagship copper cable. 

Jul 27, 2014 at 3:57 AM Post #6,987 of 10,312
  The black widow is supposed to sound better and is TC's flagship copper cable. 

The copper venom should be TC's copper flagship right?

Our ship sails on the 30th and i am back on Sept 29th. In that time, one of my staff will be dealing with messages and can take orders which will ship when i get back, i don't like cables going out without me making sure they are perfect first, so my staff will only be dealing with messages.  

Happy holidays Frank! Take some pics for us ; )

Jul 27, 2014 at 10:44 AM Post #6,990 of 10,312
I dont have mine yet..but kiats has both..maybe he can chim in here? From what frank told me is that the bass improves greatly..but i have to get mine (8wire,balanced, dual mono, silk sleeving (that last thing is a maybe))) first to confirm it:wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back