Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
Jul 27, 2014 at 2:45 PM Post #6,991 of 10,312
Frank you have a PM....

Jul 27, 2014 at 6:22 PM Post #6,993 of 10,312
Jul 27, 2014 at 7:56 PM Post #6,994 of 10,312
I dont have mine yet..but kiats has both..maybe he can chim in here? From what frank told me is that the bass improves greatly..but i have to get mine (8wire,balanced, dual mono, silk sleeving (that last thing is a maybe))) first to confirm it:wink:

Certainly, Hifimanrookie. Compared to the BW, the Venom has a greater sense of soundstage, greater sense of depth and texture and is very smooth. The bass is very controlled and has deeper impact. Most importantly, the music is very organic and realistic.

I am due a silver venom from Frank. :) I'll let you know what I think in terms of sig and SQ between the two Venoms when I receive it.

Please note that my copper venom is an iem cable and I listen through Fitear customs. :)

Jul 27, 2014 at 8:32 PM Post #6,995 of 10,312
Certainly, Hifimanrookie. Compared to the BW, the Venom has a greater sense of soundstage, greater sense of depth and texture and is very smooth. The bass is very controlled and has deeper impact. Most importantly, the music is very organic and realistic.

I am due a silver venom from Frank. :) I'll let you know what I think in terms of sig and SQ between the two Venoms when I receive it.

Please note that my copper venom is an iem cable and I listen through Fitear customs. :)

Paolo, you now have me sitting here listening to the HM901/iem amp card off the Venom. It's incredible playing Alison Krauss... :) it is so so refined and effortless. Wonderful timbre & such depth. :)

Jul 28, 2014 at 2:12 AM Post #6,996 of 10,312
Paolo, you now have me sitting here listening to the HM901/iem amp card off the Venom. It's incredible playing Alison Krauss...
smily_headphones1.gif
it is so so refined and effortless. Wonderful timbre & such depth.
smily_headphones1.gif

Don't you think the Venom is too think for an IEM cable? 

Jul 28, 2014 at 2:19 AM Post #6,997 of 10,312
Don't you think the Venom is too think for an IEM cable? 

The copper Venom is certainly not something for outdoor use. :) The silver Venom promises to be less stiff. Do bear in mind that my copper Venom is a dual mono so that each channel is shielded from the other. :)

Jul 28, 2014 at 2:21 AM Post #6,998 of 10,312
The copper Venom is certainly not something for outdoor use.
smily_headphones1.gif
The silver Venom promises to be less stiff. Do bear in mind that my copper Venom is a dual mono so that each channel is shielded from the other.
smily_headphones1.gif

Wow, that is cool, gotta sound absolutely awesome! Just wondering, what do you use for the HD800? 

Jul 28, 2014 at 2:25 AM Post #7,000 of 10,312
Enjoy your vacation Frank!

Certainly very well deserved, making such awesome cables for all of us! 
biggrin.gif
 Have a great time mate!

Does anybody here have a comparison between the BW and the copper Venom for the HD800? Frank maybe? 

Edit: 
Just realised this is the 7000th post lol, I'm really surprised at how fast this thread has moved, when I joined it was only a couple of thousand posts. 

Jul 28, 2014 at 4:47 AM Post #7,001 of 10,312
Wow, that is cool, gotta sound absolutely awesome! Just wondering, what do you use for the HD800? 

Amongst the Toxic Cables, I use the SW, Virus and BW.

Jul 28, 2014 at 5:19 AM Post #7,003 of 10,312
Hey Guys,

Unsure if anyone here has ordered from frank and had it shipped to nz? Just trying it get a gauge on the average shipping time :) I placed my order 12th of May and I'm hoping it went out on the last shipment before franks well deserved vacation.

I ordered the silver poison so Will let you guys know how it pairs with the LCD 2's

Jul 28, 2014 at 5:26 AM Post #7,004 of 10,312
Which is your favourite? 

Do you just change cables when you want a different sound? 

Yes, I do like that option. BW is the one I turn to most often.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back