Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
Jul 24, 2014 at 4:20 PM Post #6,961 of 10,312
I love the SE846!  You should check out the Impressions Thread for the SE846.  It moves along at a speedy pace, but anything you want to know, there are 10 different opinions on each topic.  I love the bass, and the ability to have it custom with the Sensaphonics Custom Sleeves works wonders for increased retention, fit, feel, isolation, and an elevated auditory experience.  As for cables, he really doesn't need it (yet), as he should be focused on finding the right earphone for himself first, and then worrying about the cable once he takes care of purchasing (or not) a dedicated DAP, and/or amp.  I'm going to get a cable because I know (at least currently) that I don't want a boutique DAP or amp that can't do everything my trusty iPhone 5 does.

Congrats on getting your mid life crisis dream car, I bet it was a satisfying achievement.  I would be afraid for my girlfriend to drive my car as well.  Well if she is the right one for you, and you want to be generous, I think that's great that she will get the car that she wants.  I know my fiance wants a Land Rover, but I told her that wasn't the best car company (I didn't write what I really told her, lol) and that she should get something that won't have numerous issues a few years down the road of owning the vehicle.  Compromise is always good in a relationship.  I am in a similar boat regarding dogs, because I don't want any pets because I'm allergic, and they can get quite dirty, but she really wants a dachshund (wiener dog).  I'll probably give in and get her one at some point.

It looks like recently the time that has taken members to receive theirs is around several months (the ones that have posted on here at least), but they most all seem to be very happy regarding the product.  Yeah, I'm still waiting for my Silver LItz cable (another company), and hopefully that one will be more than satisfactory to me.

O
Lolz..so many women wanting a car from us..mine wanted a mini cooper S at first and is now accidentily playing onto the 'fiat 500 cabrio configuration pages' so now and then..i wonder why.. But its maybe because she will never ever drive my car..i told her that at the start when we met...so we wouldnt have any misunderstandings..lolz
no women in my life did that..except one time for my mum driving me to the hospital in my own car (her car was in the shop), when i broke my left ankle a few years back at her home.....couldnt clutch anymore..so she took me to the ER...only time a woman in my life actually drove one of my cars... Do i sound weird? Hope not... :D

And about the waiting times..yes..u heard it right..toxic is shortening the wait times on the cables i read here on the thread..it wont be deliverd in days..but also not like it used to be..we all know how long that was :D

Jul 24, 2014 at 4:30 PM Post #6,962 of 10,312
O
Lolz..so many women wanting a car from us..mine wanted a mini cooper S at first and is now accidentily playing onto the 'fiat 500 cabrio configuration pages' so now and then..i wonder why.. But its maybe because she will never ever drive my car..i told her that at the start when we met...so we wouldnt have any misunderstandings..lolz
no women in my life did that..except one time for my mum driving me to the hospital in my own car (her car was in the shop), when i broke my left ankle a few years back at her home.....couldnt clutch anymore..so she took me to the ER...only time a woman in my life actually drove one of my cars... Do i sound weird? Hope not...
biggrin.gif

And about the waiting times..yes..u heard it right..toxic is shortening the wait times on the cables i read here on the thread..it wont be deliverd in days..but also not like it used to be..we all know how long that was
biggrin.gif

My masters cohort classmate told me yesterday he despised the fact his wife purchased a Fiat 500.  When I sat in a demo model at an outside mall last year, I wasn't able to sit in the back (I'm 5' 10"), and felt super restless when I was in there.  I thought to myself "man, I would never purchase a car this small!"

You don't sound weird.  The only time a person (other than the valet or dealer service tech) drove my car was when my Jazzercise instructor wanted to drive my car down the street to a restaurant for taco Tuesday.  I was sweating bullets the entire 3 blocks in the passenger seat...

Sometimes the best things in life take time. 
wink_face.gif

Jul 24, 2014 at 4:31 PM Post #6,963 of 10,312
I know Frank is going on vacation.  I'm wondering what the ETA is if I ordered a cable in the upcoming week.   I do have to think about maybe getting a better  IEM even though I  really like this one. It just sounds weird that a cable is just as much or more than the IEM or headphone that the cable is for. 

I have pics of my car in my sig.  You can imagine the terror I have whenever she takes it out even if it's for a short drive.  But she has done a lot for me. I don't think anyone else would have supported me so much financially while I was suffering in pain.  I'm still in pain, but it's a little bit better than before.  I just wish it was nearly all gone like the doc thought would happen.

I'm scared to listen to the SE846.  If I really like it, I'll have to buy it now or obsess over it until I buy it later.  Then I'll start thinking if I'm going to spend that much then I might as well get a CIEM instead and pay a little (or a lot more) bucks.  Then I'll probably feel like I have to upgrade my portable dac/amp to something like the chord hugo.  It's the cycle of financial death once I want something more so sometimes it's better to be ignorant about it.  

Jul 24, 2014 at 7:01 PM Post #6,965 of 10,312
CIEMs are not always better than universals.

Agree: customs simply means the fit is customized for your ears. You still have to consider the SQ of the customs and of course the signature as well. :)

Jul 25, 2014 at 1:44 AM Post #6,966 of 10,312
Yeah I've heard that from others and it's easier to sell universals if you ever want to sell them, but I have never owned a CIEM and would like to do it at least once in my life.  But then I'd want a better portable dac/amp and I already have too many other expensive hobbies.  I guess I should just stick to my current price range and get more cables to make good earphones even better.

Jul 25, 2014 at 2:51 PM Post #6,967 of 10,312
Hope Frank doesn't mind me doing this seeing as theres a few iBasso owners in this thread...
Ive started an iBasso owners thread - 
http://www.head-fi.org/t/724857/ibasso-owners-club#post_10742274
So if anyone wants to help get the club/thread up and running I would really appreciate it thanks :)

Jul 26, 2014 at 6:20 AM Post #6,970 of 10,312
Jul 26, 2014 at 12:05 PM Post #6,972 of 10,312
  And more importantly How do they sound - What do they bring to the Audeze LCD 2's?

The Silver Poisons brightens up the overall sound signature of the LCD2s which are generally very dark sounding with stock cable. It tightens up the bass and gives the LCD a more airy feeling. IMO..... Everyone hears different things. And I am not exactly very experience.....

Jul 26, 2014 at 12:29 PM Post #6,974 of 10,312
It's been a long wait but my Silver Widow cable for my Alpha Dogs finally arrived this morning. This is my forth Silver Widow cable, already have one for my HD600's, my HD800's and my Tralucent 1plus2's. On each occasion I wonder what the Silver Widow will bring the listening experience and on each occasion it's exceeded my expectation.

So how does is sound with the Alpha Dogs? First impression was that it didn't seem to change the overall tonal balance very much from the stock cable. What the SW does bring is tightness and more definition to the bass. The top end has the characteristic Silver Widow top end, being sweet, detailed and spacious. The things I kept noticing track after track was the rich, detailed mid-range and the overall smoothness of the Alpha Dog/Silver Widow combination.

Thank you Frank, it was worth the wait.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back