Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
Jul 7, 2014 at 10:35 AM Post #6,886 of 10,312
He is held prisoner until he finishes all the orders that we placed.

With good behavior, he will be released after three years of incarceration on parole (some call it vacation) in July.

But he will be back: he is a recidivist.

LOL 
biggrin.gif

Jul 7, 2014 at 12:24 PM Post #6,887 of 10,312
I have both the Silver Poison and the Silver Widow.

You can use the 8-wire or 4-wire Silver Poison to save some money. They work great with the LCD2, improving transient, tightening the bass and expanding the soundstage, and most important of all, lifting that dark caramel coating.

For the ultimate cable (e.g. with the LCD3), try the 8-wire Silver Widow with silver-pin XLR.

The improvement of the Silver Poison over the stock cable is significant (say from 90 to 95%). There is a smaller difference in going from the Silver Poison to the 8-wire Silver Widow with silver-pin XLR (say from 95 to 97%) for nearly twice the price but that is normal. You have passed the point of diminishing return long ago when you bought the LCD2 so a small improvement in cable or amp will typically double or triple the price each time.

For example, you could be very happy pairing the LCD2 with the Vioelectric 200 or the Schiit Mjolnir amp (for about $1,000) but to get noticeable improvement in the sound, you may need the Bakoon HA-21 ($2,900) or the HeadAmp GS-X Mk2 ($3,000). For a killer bass you may have to go to the Woo WA5 with upgrade parts and tubes (around $4,500). It is the same with cables but the reverse is not always true. Price alone does not guaranty quality or improvement because it is a matter of matching your cans to the cable and amp.

Do your research carefully.

That is the reason why I think Frank's cables are the best "bargains" in this business. And I use the word carefully.

for the pricerange ur mentioning around 3000usd....u could also have a looksie at the brand that i swear my life on since this year....they can make everythig u wish for and more..as long ur wallet can keep up with ur demands..but what u get will blow u away....

just have a looksie of the huge (friendly) test my humble amp (on the right side on the pics) had to endure..and it came out surprisingly good, knowing the price i paid for it..and no it was not the best...and also not perfect....but damn..my PaG gave one hell of a fight to (speaker) amps, some costing 10.000euro and more.
beerchug.gif

check the pics out:

ps...those huge speakers are handmade by the high end shop themselves...and trust me if i say..i am in love in how they sounded...wow!!!!! but hey...10.000 euro worth of speaker! so they should sound good! but funny is i heard lots of what my headphone rig gave me..BUT ONLY MORE OF EVERYTHING....am still stunned of how they sounded...much better then the krell rig a friend of mine has worth around 100.000euro (according to my friend lolz)

Jul 10, 2014 at 1:03 AM Post #6,888 of 10,312
Just gone through some PM's, will go through rest today, about to go bed, nearly 6am.

Some eye candy, Toxic Cables own custom range of carbon fibre plugs and adapters, tell me these ain't beautiful. All the cables will now look even better with these new plugs.

All orders from now on will ship with one of these are standard, unless requested otherwise.

I have 2000 each of all of them other then the AK plugs coming, wonder how long they will last LOL.

Our 3.5mm to 6.3mm adapter,

And the A&K plugs we will now be using,

Jul 10, 2014 at 1:21 AM Post #6,889 of 10,312
Nice stuff Frank!  I might not need fancy Oyaide jacks anymore seeing these, very sweet stuff indeed.  Always nice to see you upgrading for the customers.  I'm going to let you go on your vacation before I tell you my next orders.  =)  Gives me time to gather my thoughts versus having you add them 1 by 1 anyhow as I get hooked on your toxic cables.

Jul 10, 2014 at 3:15 AM Post #6,890 of 10,312

Our 3.5mm to 6.3mm adapter,

Yes They are really beautiful.  Just a thought. Do you think it is better to make the top of this A&K plugs countersunk so that when a 3.5mm plug is inserted there is no gap between them and form one complete piece. It should look much better 
tongue.gif

Jul 10, 2014 at 5:03 PM Post #6,891 of 10,312
Wow! There's some dang Purdy plugs!
Seriously very nice looking!
Have you got any balanced connectors planned ie kobiconn/hirose...?:D
You could be the first to make a right angled balanced connector for iBasso devices.....

Jul 13, 2014 at 10:11 AM Post #6,894 of 10,312
Impressive shop!

Thanks for the pics.

Frank's cables are a rarity these days, just like the gears and the shop you showed. I like everything I see except perhaps the pink elephant ears.

Affordable high-end gears are almost gone these days for Home Stereo as high-end companies have figured out that they can make a lot more profit selling just a few ridiculously priced units to a few millionaires and billionaires, thus leaving behind the majority of dedicated audiophiles that supported them for many decades.

While many of us dream of $5,000 head amps, high-end speaker amps are now more in the range of $50,000 to $100,000. When you add roughly the same amount each for turntable, preamp, speakers and cables (!), a high-end home stereo system today costs around $500,000 to a million dollars, compared to around $10,000-$50,000 just 10 to 20 years ago. It is not just inflation.

My prediction is that the Headphone Industry will go the same way soon--greed! While Stax products were considered obscenely expensive for over 20 years at a few thousand dollars, the latest headphones are already costing $5,000 and head-amps are already reaching $10,000. Even top IEM are now costing $1,000-$2,000. In 10 years, most of us will not be able to or want to afford the best in headphone systems anymore.

So, back to Frank's cables, get them while you can. Comparable-quality cables are already going for upward of $3,000. Soon they will be only stuff of memory for most of us.

Cheers.

"It’s Difficult to Make Predictions, Especially About the Future" Niels Bohr

Jul 14, 2014 at 8:15 PM Post #6,896 of 10,312
I was wondering if someone had a recent cable list available from the amazing Frank. I am looking at upgrading the stock cable from my HD800 and I have been away for Head-Fi since November 2013, so I am a little bit overwhelmed by all these new updates on this thread.

Jul 14, 2014 at 8:17 PM Post #6,897 of 10,312
I was wondering if someone had a recent cable list available from the amazing Frank. I am looking at upgrading the stock cable from my HD800 and I have been away for Head-Fi since November 2013, so I am a little bit overwhelmed by all these new updates on this thread.

Check franks profile here in Headfi. It should list cables.

Jul 15, 2014 at 5:09 PM Post #6,900 of 10,312
I have an order for a 2.5mm terminated SW Alpha Dog, but can't seem to find who this order was from. Please PM me with header Alpha Dog.

Packing up 300 cables now guys, so they will be going out in next couple days, with more to follow few days later.

Every single headphone/IEM cable order also going out with a free Toxic Cables carbon fibre 1/4" adapter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back