Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
Jul 19, 2014 at 12:38 AM Post #6,916 of 10,312

We are just very demanding motha f...ckers..just as frank likes them.. we dont complain on delivery times etc...we only make his life hard as we want something special..and somehow i know frank doesnt mind pita's like us, as that motivates him to go even further and make even better cables... So u see..even us...have a reason in the big plan of toxic in conquering the cable world...we are like his ginuipigs (never know how to spell that right..lolz)..and guess what..we dont mind :D

Jul 19, 2014 at 2:09 AM Post #6,917 of 10,312
Don't you mean Minions? Mwuhahahaha 
evil_smiley.gif

Jul 19, 2014 at 2:29 AM Post #6,918 of 10,312
Nowadays customers placing orders from Frank are much more lucky than us.  I have to wait for 9-12 months to get my cables. Don't make me wrong I am not complaining.  The cables are made in top quality and sounds wonderful. I can assure you that it is worthy to wait.  Frank is too busy in making cables and only replies mails when he is free to do so.  I therefore seldom chase him about the orders and just wait patiently. Have trust in Frank please. If you want to have the cable quick I am afraid Franks cable is not for you.
I am sure the waiting time nowadays has been shortened to less than 3 moths and may be Frank can correct me if I am wrong.
BTW I am impressed by Frank's initiative of improving his products and make his cables look extremely nice, but without price change. Even if Frank increases the price of his cables by 30-40% I still will go for it.

Jul 19, 2014 at 7:35 AM Post #6,919 of 10,312
I still can not get over how some people complain so much.....For crying out loud guys....Check out thread, many have to waite...So What?

You all know this...Still you place your order.....Because you know you will get quality....Then some just winge winge and winge...

Frank's prices, quality of workmanship, quality of materials, his service is outstanding.....
Even if it takes a while to get a response from him..You will still be informed in time.
The guy is flat out making cables to the point he even spends some of that precious free time in handling .....YES live cables..Uhhhm..Snakes.
ph34r.gif

Jul 19, 2014 at 9:18 AM Post #6,920 of 10,312
Nowadays customers placing orders from Frank are much more lucky than us.  I have to wait for 9-12 months to get my cables. Don't make me wrong I am not complaining.  The cables are made in top quality and sounds wonderful. I can assure you that it is worthy to wait.  Frank is too busy in making cables and only replies mails when he is free to do so.  I therefore seldom chase him about the orders and just wait patiently. Have trust in Frank please. If you want to have the cable quick I am afraid Franks cable is not for you.
I am sure the waiting time nowadays has been shortened to less than 3 moths and may be Frank can correct me if I am wrong.
BTW I am impressed by Frank's initiative of improving his products and make his cables look extremely nice, but without price change. Even if Frank increases the price of his cables by 30-40% I still will go for it.

Yeah....i waited for months also for my second BW...but OMG..its so worth it!!! :D

But as we all know...u cant satisfy all customers..i see same thing occuring on the he560 thread also now about the pads or something..some customers are just never happy and bitch about everything... Allthough i am also very demanding and somethines even PITA also..but in the end i know they are also people at those brands..doing their best to make u happy... So let us respect that..and before u make an order....check the thread out..for sure u will see the 'issues' u cant live with... So u dont need to place ur order and dont need to complain..smart thinking huh? :wink:
But between us..for good things u have to wait....we all know that :wink:

Jul 19, 2014 at 9:23 AM Post #6,921 of 10,312
Custom gear takes time. I have had custom amps take longer than Toxic cables. It was all worth it!

Jul 19, 2014 at 10:18 AM Post #6,922 of 10,312
Custom gear takes time. I have had custom amps take longer than Toxic cables. It was all worth it!
me know what u mean with custom amps...cough blue circle..cough 1 year..cough :D and me always want!!! :wink:

Jul 19, 2014 at 10:39 AM Post #6,923 of 10,312
A big shout out of Thanks! to Project86 (John Grandberg) for the long term loan of his Silver Poison CIEM cables.

beerchug.gif

It was fun comparing them to my Silver Widow CIEM CABLES with my JH Audio JH16 Freq Phase's. The SP's are still my favorite with my HD650's and stood tall next to their kin the Widows. 

Here is John's latest headphone review for Parttimaudiophile.com

http://parttimeaudiophile.com/2014/07/18/flagship-closed-back-headphones-from-mrspeakers-audeze-and-fostex/

Jul 19, 2014 at 4:09 PM Post #6,924 of 10,312
  I still can not get over how some people complain so much.....For crying out loud guys....Check out thread, many have to waite...So What?

You all know this...Still you place your order.....Because you know you will get quality....Then some just winge winge and winge...

Frank's prices, quality of workmanship, quality of materials, his service is outstanding.....
Even if it takes a while to get a response from him..You will still be informed in time.
The guy is flat out making cables to the point he even spends some of that precious free time in handling .....YES live cables..Uhhhm..Snakes.
ph34r.gif

Agreed. Yeah the wait is long, but reading the thread should give you a good idea what youre getting yourself into.

Jul 20, 2014 at 2:25 PM Post #6,925 of 10,312
  A big shout out of Thanks! to Project86 (John Grandberg) for the long term loan of his Silver Poison CIEM cables.

beerchug.gif

It was fun comparing them to my Silver Widow CIEM CABLES with my JH Audio JH16 Freq Phase's. The SP's are still my favorite with my HD650's and stood tall next to their kin the Widows. 

Here is John's latest headphone review for Parttimaudiophile.com

http://parttimeaudiophile.com/2014/07/18/flagship-closed-back-headphones-from-mrspeakers-audeze-and-fostex/

I agree with longbowbbs on the HD650's and Silver Poison. There's a synergy that elevates those phones to a new level in listening enjoyment. It must be the silver and gold. A nice placebo thought at that.

Of course I'm sure they all sound good.

Jul 20, 2014 at 10:07 PM Post #6,926 of 10,312
+1 i totally agree Paul..my sometimes extreme demands ( :D ) of what i want from a cable could offend some..but franks always say: i will do my best for u..and until he never disapointed me..he always comes throigh..no matter what crazy things i ask...am sure if my demands get impossible to do cableswise he will be honest and say: i tried my best..but its just not possible..but i can do this instead..and at that moment i would be happy with that alterantive..as i know he is for real...customers comes first..not earning money...every customer is equal for him..whether u buy a million cables costing 500usd each or a 180usd budget cable..we all have to wait for our cables...and thats what i like about toxic...he does his best for everyone of us..and sometimes even more...not many brands do that! :wink:

+1. Precisely!

Jul 21, 2014 at 10:29 AM Post #6,927 of 10,312
I've been a pain in the arse customer to Frank but he's always been one of the kindest, fairest hard working people I know!
I for one am a customer he will never lose :)
Just remember not to send me any snakes by mistake please mate lol!!! No big ones anyway.

Ditto. About Frank and the snakes.

In the past three years, I must have bought a dozen different cables from Frank and even sent him headphones to re-cable despite the long distance separating the UK from the US and the hassle with customs.

Though he still wonders once in a while what I do with all these cables, he has never given me any cause for complaint. He has always been polite, accommodating and completely trustworthy. A few times he even steered me toward less expensive and more compatible cables.

I have been known to spend $8,000 on a pair of speaker cables only to be thoroughly disappointed, so when I stumbled upon Frank's products, I felt like I hit the jackpot.

Sometimes I become impatient with the long wait, until I remember the cause: Frank is always short-handed because of his very high standards and his refusal to use incompetent help. Frank warns you about the long lead time so if you are not willing to wait, there are plenty of other places to buy cables from.

I have nothing but praise for Frank and will continue to be his loyal customer.

Justin Time (ST)

PS: Have a nice vacation, Frank!

Jul 21, 2014 at 1:39 PM Post #6,929 of 10,312
Ditto. About Frank and the snakes.

In the past three years, I must have bought a dozen different cables from Frank and even sent him headphones to re-cable despite the long distance separating the UK from the US and the hassle with customs.

Though he still wonders once in a while what I do with all these cables, he has never given me any cause for complaint. He has always been polite, accommodating and completely trustworthy. A few times he even steered me toward less expensive and more compatible cables.

I have been known to spend $8,000 on a pair of speaker cables only to be thoroughly disappointed, so when I stumbled upon Frank's products, I felt like I hit the jackpot.

Sometimes I become impatient with the long wait, until I remember the cause: Frank is always short-handed because of his very high standards and his refusal to use incompetent help. Frank warns you about the long lead time so if you are not willing to wait, there are plenty of other places to buy cables from.

I have nothing but praise for Frank and will continue to be his loyal customer.

Justin Time (ST)

PS: Have a nice vacation, Frank!

8000usd on a pair of speaker cables? What..were u nuts or high on something? Just kidding my friend..but actually i know two guys in my friendscircle who actually spend such a fortune on cables themselves... Am glad i have frank fro my cables..well in my case my cable..as i only need a headphone cable..but next year i will be buying a speaker rig...so...hello frank! Hehehehe

As u also said..i also got my first black widow on advice of frank..as i wanted to buy a silver widow for my he500..but on his honest advice i got the cheaper 4wire Bw instead..and i never turned back..now having the ultimate BW...

next month it will probably be on sale (after a comparision ofcourse as i promised to u guys!) as i am a 'one cable' guy ...i expect my new very special to be ready then..

maybe even with silk sleeving, a first for Venoms i understand..but only if its technically possible frank replied as i want 8wire, dual mono, 18AWG, dual xlr 3pin again as my special 22awg 8wire BW.. Well we have to see then when he is back from his deserved holiday...

But no matter what he cooks up for me..am sure i will be satisfied..still didnt get the updated quote though! Hope i dont need to sell a kidney for it :D

Jul 21, 2014 at 1:58 PM Post #6,930 of 10,312

Originally Posted by hifimanrookie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

8000usd on a pair of speaker cables? What..were u nuts or high on something? Just kidding my friend..but actually i know two guys in my friendscircle who actually spend such a fortune on cables themselves... Am glad i have frank fro my cables..well in my case my cable..as i only need a headphone cable..but next year i will be buying a speaker rig...so...hello frank! Hehehehe

As u also said..i also got my first black widow on advice of frank..as i wanted to buy a silver widow for my he500..but on his honest advice i got the cheaper 4wire Bw instead..and i never turned back..now having the ultimate BW...

next month it will probably be on sale (after a comparision ofcourse as i promised to u guys!) as i am a 'one cable' guy ...i expect my new very special to be ready then..

maybe even with silk sleeving, a first for Venoms i understand..but only if its technically possible frank replied as i want 8wire, dual mono, 18AWG, dual xlr 3pin again as my special BW.. Well we have to see then when he is back from his deserved holiday...

But no matter what he cooks up for me..am sure i will be satisfied..still didnt get the updated quote though! Hope i dont need to sell a kidney for it
biggrin.gif

OMG 4 meters of 8 braid Toxic Cables Speaker Cable? YES FECKIN PLEASE!! 
evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back