Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
May 21, 2012 at 1:10 AM Post #107 of 10,312
Quote:
I have given that cable 48 hours burn, be sure to burn it in for a further 100-120 hours.

Okay, will do. Just received it from the Fedex guy :)

May 21, 2012 at 1:24 AM Post #108 of 10,312
Hi guys, just received my Toxic Cables Venom RC-4! So look forward to impressions/comparisons with several other cables soon. Btw, just out of interest, I was comparing the cost of the RC-4 to it's closest competitor in terms of material and shielding, the DHC RS OCC Copper Complement cable. The only differences is that the Toxic cables RC-4 uses a thicker wire (higher gauge) and that they both have different appearances. So anyway, I was just comparing them out of curiosity and found out that the price difference is pretty substantial. Toxic cables charges about 275pounds (about 435USD) before shipping for an 8 foot RC-4 with 4pin XLR connector and Viablue Y split while DHC charges 1075 USD for an 8 foot RS OCC Copper Complement also before shipping. That's about two and a half times more which imo is a lot for what looks like a very similar cable. In fact, even their entry level molecule cable runs a pretty hefty 630USD for an 8 foot length with a 4 pin XLR connector and a Viablue Y split. I'm not saying that the DHC cables are bad and I actually have a friend who has one of their RS OCC Silver cables and the build quality is great. However, I have to complement Toxic cables for offering the fantastic Rectangular Ohno Continuous Cast Solid Core Copper and Silver wire in their Venom and Venom RC-4 cables at a fraction of the price that DHC is charging (plus giving you a higher gauge, lower resistance wire too). Anyway, I'm really looking forward to pitting it against the ALO salty pepper which is one of my favourite cables and a friend's Whiplash TWAG as well as the stock Audez'e ADZ-6 B4 cable :D

May 21, 2012 at 2:42 PM Post #109 of 10,312
There's more differences than that...

May 21, 2012 at 4:19 PM Post #110 of 10,312
I received my Toxic iPOD LOD cable on Friday and am loving the sound so far

Will post pictures and fuller review soon

Thanks Frank

May 22, 2012 at 12:48 PM Post #112 of 10,312
I am curious as well. Not sure if you can be specific in this thread without violating MOT rules or whatever.

May 22, 2012 at 1:26 PM Post #114 of 10,312
Quote:
I would like to hope that members of the trade could answer a question on the construction and details of the products they sell?

I'd like to hope the same. But considering this is a "Toxic cables" thread and not knowing the MOT rules jargon, who knows?
If Peter couldn't provide details it'd be a shame. I am curious because I have a Q cable and looking at price differentials, I'd like to know
what you get comparatively.

May 22, 2012 at 2:16 PM Post #115 of 10,312
I'd like to hope the same. But considering this is a "Toxic cables" thread and not knowing the MOT rules jargon, who knows?
If Peter couldn't provide details it'd be a shame. I am curious because I have a Q cable and looking at price differentials, I'd like to know
what you get comparatively.

Agree 100 percent.

There seems to be a lot of confusion at times with what people are actually buying.

May 22, 2012 at 9:45 PM Post #116 of 10,312
MOTs can answer questions about their products. If not a sponsor, they can't give subjective opinions about or write anything that might be construed as advertising. No MOT can post negative comments about competitors or their products. It's all here:

Privacy/TOS

smile.gif

May 23, 2012 at 8:27 AM Post #118 of 10,312
Quote:
There's more differences than that...

I'm sure there are, just posting a quick overview. I'm pretty sure the shielding techniques and material are different, just pointing out that the wire material is similar.

May 26, 2012 at 3:03 PM Post #119 of 10,312
Frank sent me some pics of the soon to be released Shure compatiable Toxic Cables CIEM cable: Click for a larger more detailed view.

Just look at that Choker / chin slider! Pure quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back