Registration to this forum is free! By registering and continuing usage of the Head-Fi forums, you agree to abide by the rules and policies detailed below, and read, understand and agree to the FAQ and Posting Guidelines.
Although the administrators and moderators of Head-Fi: Covering Headphones, Earphones and Portable Audio will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of Head-Fi: Covering Headphones, Earphones and Portable Audio, nor Huddler.com will be held responsible for the content of any message.
By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.
Head-Fi reserves the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.
- Be polite. We encourage debating in the forums, but avoid defamatory statements, personal attacks, racial slurs, name-calling, and cursing at others in the forums.
defamatory: see defame below.
defame: 1. disgrace; 2. to harm the reputation of by libel or slander.
libel: a statement or representation published without just cause and tending to expose another to public contempt.
slander: the utterance of false charges or misrepresentations which defame and damage another's reputation.
- Head-Fi's forums are generally geared for headphone high fidelity enthusiasts, but the several categories of forums within Head-Fi generally allow for discussion of general audio topics and even completely non-headphone / non-audio / non-music topics (e.g., the Members' Lounge forum). We ask that you please make a concerted effort to post in the appropriate forums.
- Considering that our member base is made up of people from a wide range of ages, from pre-adults to senior citizens -- and also a great variety of cultures, beliefs and social standards -- swearing on the forums is not allowed. Our general standard is this: if it would not be allowed on U.S. network primetime television, it will most likely not be allowed on Head-Fi's forums. If you need further clarification, feel free to contact a moderator.
- Do not post copyrighted or trademarked material without first obtaining the express permission to do so by the copyright or trademark holder or a legally authorized agent of the copyright or trademark holder. In short, this means no posting verbatim copies of copyrighted articles or logos without first obtaining the proper permission to do so.
- If what you want to post includes words/phrases like "placebo," "expectation bias," "ABX," "blind testing," etc., please post it in the Sound Science forum.
- We do not allow the discussion of politics or religion in any of our forums.
- Do not cross-post. (Cross-posting is posting the same post to more than one thread, or the same thread to more than one forum.)
- Use only one username. Multiple profiles for the same individual are not allowed. Use of multiple profiles may result in an immediate ban.
For more information, see the Posting Guidelines.
Member of the Trade Rules
Please note that Sponsors are exempted from some of these rules.
- "Member of the Trade" includes (but is not limited to) manufacturers; individuals selling items he or she made for more than the cost of parts and/or actual shipping charges; individuals selling items acquired (or made by the individual and/or his associates) for the primary purpose of resale; individuals performing services (like modifications or any other service) for which the price charged is more than the cost of parts and/or actual shipping charges; dealers; distributors; manufacturer's representatives; importers; magazine and e-zine writers.
- "Main Forums" are those forums within Head-Fi not specifically designated as areas for commercial advertising by Members of the Trade.
- No Members of the Trade can use his/her business name, product name, brand name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number or URL as part of his/her Head-Fi username. All Members of the Trade must contact the forum administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org to notify him of an interest in posting before making any posts. If a forum member who was not previously a Member of the Trade becomes a Member of the Trade, he must notify the forum administrator of the change in status. After notification of the "Member of the Trade" status, the forum administrator will then add the appropriate tag (Audio Dealer, Manufacturer, Distributor, etc.) to the appropriate profile(s).
- A Member of the Trade may not post announcements, advertisements, sales information or the like about a product he makes or sells in the Main Forums, or via Private Messaging, unless pre-approved by the site's administrators.
- A Member of the Trade may not--via the forums or Private Messaging--volunteer any information about a specific product that he is selling or making, in response to a general request for information about a type of product or in any other discussion in the Main Forums.
- A Member of the Trade may not post subjective assessments or negative comments about the products/services of competitors.
- A Member of the Trade may not review (or make any subjective assessments of) his or her services and/or products he or she manufacturers, represents, sells.
- Head-Fi Private Messaging is not to be used for unsolicited advertising. Using Head-Fi Private Messaging for unsolicited advertising may result in at least a temporary ban of the sender from Head-Fi.
- Shilling, which is posting about products one is affiliated with under the guise/profile of a non-affiliated person, is extremely frowned upon by the moderators and admins of Head-Fi, and may result in a permanent ban from Head-Fi.
- "Group Buys" are arrangements designed to encourage, through Head-Fi's forums or other Head-Fi resources, multi-unit sales of items for the purpose of discounted pricing or other benefits.
- Group Buys can not be promoted on Head-Fi's Main Forums, or via Head-Fi's Private Messaging, without first receiving authorization from Jude via Head-Fi Private Messaging or e-mail. Please note, though, that it is not our desire to see Group Buys used by Members of the Trade as a primary method of distribution and advertising on Head-Fi's forums--so, for this and other reasons, they are usually not approved. Exceptions may be made on a case-by-case basis, and most often for DIY-related parts that might otherwise be unreasonably difficult to obtain.
- Posting of personal video content (e.g., YouTube videos): If you wish to post a personal video on Head-Fi.org, please keep the video content relevant to the Head-Fi community. Also, you cannot simply post a link to your video or your video channel. That is, for any personal video you wish to post, it must be embedded in the post. This rule was put in place because there has been an increasing tendency for people to simply redirect people to their video channels via linking, to promote their personal video channels.
- Promotion of Member of the Trade video content (similar to, but not limited to, YouTube videos): If you are a Member of the Trade, and you wish to post video content that is in any way promoting your company, products, services, etc., you must first contact Jude via private messaging or email for approval first. If you receive approval to post your video, then the rules regarding posting of personal video content will apply.
- Head-Fi reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to delete posts. In most cases, the individual who made the deleted post will be notified via e-mail and/or chat and/or private messaging and/or telephone with a reason for the deletion.
- Head-Fi reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to edit posts. In most cases, posts are deleted instead of edited. In most cases, if a post is edited, the individual who made the post that was edited will be notified via e-mail and/or chat and/or private messaging and/or telephone with a reason for the edit(s).
- Head-Fi reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to temporarily or permanently ban any individuals. In most cases, the individual who was banned will be contacted with a reason for the ban.
- Do not post on Head-Fi's forums on behalf of individuals who are banned from Head-Fi. Such posts may be removed with or without notice.
- Head-Fi does not allow the posting of links to the websites of banned members. Such links may be removed with or without notice.
- Discussion of blind testing is only allowed in the Sound Science forum.
- Head-Fi does not screen posts before they are made available for viewing on the forums, unless otherwise specifically indicated.
- Head-Fi does not guarantee the accuracy of information contained in any post made in the Head-Fi Forums and so assumes no legal responsibility for any posts made in Head-Fi.
- The content of any post is solely the responsibility of the poster, even if that poster is an administrator and / or moderator of Head-Fi.
- Head-Fi will cooperate with any valid subpoena or other legal process in supplying copies of posts and any information Head-Fi has concerning the identity of a poster, to the extent that such information is not already available to anyone who accesses Head-Fi.
PLEASE: We ask you to please NOT display your email address in your profile signature. We ask this, so as to limit the attraction to email spamming robot collectors (spamming bots).
- Head-Fi makes no claim of authorship or copyright ownership with respect to any post.
- The Head-Fi Web Site, Head-Fi Forums and any other Head-Fi user participatory areas shall be used for lawful purposes only. No material shall be posted on or transmitted through the Head-Fi Web Site, Head-Fi Forums and any other Head-Fi user participatory areas, which violates or infringes in any way upon the rights of others, which is unlawful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, vulgar, obscene, profane, indecent or otherwise objectionable, which encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, gives rise to civil liability or otherwise violates any law.
Information Collection and Use
Personally Identifiable Information.
- When you register with us through the Site we will ask you for certain personally identifiable information. This refers to information about you that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Information”). Personal Information includes, but is not limited to, your name, phone number, credit card or other billing information, email address and home and business postal addresses. Personal Information may also include information you supply to us concerning your preferences and interests expressed in the course of use of the Site and Services.
- We use Personal Information for the following purposes: (i) to provide the Site and the Services and to administer your inquiries; (ii) to enable users to easily use and navigate the Site and the Services; (iii) to improve and optimize the Services; (iv) to better understand users’ needs and interests, (v) to personalize your experience; and (vi) to provide you with further information and offers from us that we believe you may find useful or interesting. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive such communications from us, please follow the unsubscribe instructions provided in any of the communications or select the appropriate option via your Account.
- We also use your Personal Information to contact you with Head-Fi newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive such communications from us, please follow the unsubscribe instructions provided in any of the communications or select the appropriate option via your Account.
Emailing Via a Head-Fi Account
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Changing or Deleting Your Information
Publicly Accessible Areas of the Service and Private Messaging
Links to Other Sites
Our Policy Toward Children