Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
Jan 3, 2013 at 4:04 PM Post #1,831 of 10,312
Quote:
Took delivery of my Sennheiser Amperior today, and can confirm that i will be able to make cables for these and other headphones that accept the same cables, such as the HD-25.

Those interested can contact me, i know that quite a few of you have been waiting, so i will now gladly take your money for some new cables. 
biggrin.gif

I will make some cables when i get a chance and post some pictures.

Good News Frank!! I'll order one soon...
What will some of the options be???

Jan 3, 2013 at 4:58 PM Post #1,833 of 10,312
Quote:
Good News Frank!! I'll order one soon...
What will some of the options be???

Options, tell me what you want, and we should be able to do it. On the wire side, currently i can only get the Silver Poison, Viper and Scorpion to fit in the headband, as any of the other wires will not stay in place, so these cables will only be available with these 3 wires.

Jan 3, 2013 at 5:02 PM Post #1,834 of 10,312
Quote:
Frank,

will you be able to make a scorpion custom cable for ck100pro? really tempted to test out the scorpion cable with them :p

Unfortunately i currently don't offer cables for these, i have no experience with these IEM's. I have never had a request for these before, if i few people were interested, i guess i could order a pair and go from there.

Jan 3, 2013 at 5:11 PM Post #1,835 of 10,312
Hey Toxic,

I ordered HD650 Copper cables from you and am wondering what the Y split is like.  I'm hoping its like whats pictured and not the new silver looking one used on some of your higher end cables.  If that is the one used, please PM me so I can give you my order info and have you make it the old way.

Thanks.

Jan 3, 2013 at 5:17 PM Post #1,836 of 10,312
Quote:
Hey Toxic,

I ordered HD650 Copper cables from you and am wondering what the Y split is like.  I'm hoping its like whats pictured and not the new silver looking one used on some of your higher end cables.  If that is the one used, please PM me so I can give you my order info and have you make it the old way.

Thanks.

The New Y splitter is not currently used on any of the cables unless requested, so you will get the old heatshrink. It will become a standard on my £120+ cables and all sleeved cables when i get a chance to update the listings.

If anyone with a current order would like the new splitter, please contact m. I have received the larger sizes, the rest will be delivered on Monday.

Jan 3, 2013 at 5:36 PM Post #1,837 of 10,312
Quote:
Options, tell me what you want, and we should be able to do it. On the wire side, currently i can only get the Silver Poison, Viper and Scorpion to fit in the headband, as any of the other wires will not stay in place, so these cables will only be available with these 3 wires.

Sorry for being a pain in the arse lol, 
Have you got any pics / info on the Viper & Scorpion please. 
Obviously I already have the SP.

I take it connectors will be optional ie 3.5, 6.3, Balanced, Right angled etc?

What kind of price tag would I roughly be looking at for a SP with right angled neutric?
Or SP with Balanced ( ibasso connector ) ?

And last one I promise lol...

Will you be leaving the wire bear like the SP and braiding it?

All the best, Paul :)

p.s. maybe a mock-up and image would be possible if you have time???

Jan 3, 2013 at 5:52 PM Post #1,838 of 10,312
Viper is my Silver plated OCC Copper wire and the Scorpion is the OCC Copper.

Price will be slightly higher then my other SP cables, due to the extra wire that get's used going to each cup, so around £150 for a 6ft SP cable at the current price.

I can do the cables either bare, or sleeved and shielded, price would be the same, i don't charge extra for sleeving or shield.

I will most likely make up a cable in the next few days and post some pictures.

Jan 4, 2013 at 5:00 AM Post #1,845 of 10,312
Hey Frank, am wondering which type of screw driver do I need to remove the one from the Amperior? I know it's a Torx head, but how many pieces is it? 
redface.gif
 Trying to decide which cables for the Amperior and 4.A now 
beyersmile.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back