Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
Jan 4, 2013 at 5:50 AM Post #1,846 of 10,312
Quote:
Hey Frank, am wondering which type of screw driver do I need to remove the one from the Amperior? I know it's a Torx head, but how many pieces is it? 
redface.gif
 Trying to decide which cables for the Amperior and 4.A now 
beyersmile.png

Will have a look later and PM you.

We have a problem. The black piece on the cable that is screwed on to the headphones, is actually molded on to the cable. I had thought this was something that opens op in to two parts, but it is not the case. 

Anyone know if it's the same case on the HD25, or just the Amperior.

Edit. I will order a set of HD-25 cable clamps today to make sure this fits the Amperior, if it does, i will include one of these for those buying the cable for an Amperior.

Jan 4, 2013 at 8:49 AM Post #1,847 of 10,312
It's different on the HD25 Frank, 
Here's a shot or two to try to show you what I mean...

Basically the cable is shrink wrapped where it splits and fits on the side of the cup, then the plastic cover screws on over the top.

Jan 4, 2013 at 8:57 AM Post #1,848 of 10,312
Quote:
It's different on the HD25 Frank, 
Here's a shot or two to try to show you what I mean...

Basically the cable is shrink wrapped where it splits and fits on the side of the cup, then the plastic cover screws on over the top.

Thanks Paul, the HD-25 will not be a problem, the Amperior has that black box moulded on to the wire, so cannot be removed. I have ordered some of the same cable clamp as shown in your picture, hopefully these will fit the Amperior also, in which case, i can supply one with the cables.

Jan 4, 2013 at 10:57 AM Post #1,849 of 10,312
Frank, let me tell you that you already have cables that work with the HD25-1 line for those who don't mind using the headphones with a dual entry cable. Any of your HD650 cables will work with them once the cups are inverted (just take the cups from the headband, turn them upside down and insert them on the headband again). But if you come up with upgraded cables that allow to use them as stock, with single entry cable, that's great too... 

Jan 4, 2013 at 11:52 AM Post #1,850 of 10,312
For me personally a HD600/650 cable is in itself an perfectly good cable, however, On my mogami the connectors dont fit as well and can pop out.
Thats why I asked Frank if there would be a HD25/Amperior specific cable that would be better suited to portable use.

Jan 4, 2013 at 11:57 AM Post #1,851 of 10,312
Quote:
For me personally a HD600/650 cable is in itself an perfectly good cable, however, On my mogami the connectors dont fit as well and can pop out.
Thats why I asked Frank if there would be a HD25/Amperior specific cable that would be better suited to portable use.

I already tried several cables with my HD25 Originals (stock HD600 and HD650 cables, and a some aftermarket cables for the HD650 too) and none had that problem with the connectors you report. If anything, they're always very hard to take off. I think that might be an isolated issue with that Mogami cable of yours. Do you know which kind of connectors does it have (Acrolink, Cardas, etc)?

Jan 4, 2013 at 12:10 PM Post #1,852 of 10,312
Quote:

I already tried several cables with my HD25 Originals (stock HD600 and HD650 cables, and a some aftermarket cables for the HD650 too) and none had that problem with the connectors you report. If anything, they're always very hard to take off. I think that might be an isolated issue with that Mogami cable of yours. Do you know which kind of connectors does it have (Acrolink, Cardas, etc)?

I have no idea...

But here's a few shots - 

Dont get me wrong, They fit and they work but they pull out really easy if I move a certain way or turn my head.
Sorry btw Frank for posting a different brand :frowning2:
Now Let me see if I can explain this properly...
The HD25 connector is one smooth shape/size that fits in nice and snug/tight.
The HD600 connector as above is designed with 'boxy sections' ( sorry lol )
Anyway, the section the pins are in is designed so it will only plug into the HD25 so far until the next section prevents the connector 
from going in any further.
Because of this the fit is not as snug as the HD25 connectors. 

Hope that makes sense???

Jan 4, 2013 at 12:20 PM Post #1,854 of 10,312
Quote:

I can't identify the connectors. Anyway, none of the cables I tried with mine would come off that easy...

I'll see if I can find the transaction and find out what make the connectors are. Weird none the less.
I in no way doupt what you are saying and I know already that Franks cables are built with the best quality in mind.

Paul :)

Jan 4, 2013 at 2:37 PM Post #1,855 of 10,312
Quote:

Same problem here, The HD650 cables are not secure enough when the HD25 earcups are inverted and they pop out too easily. I put the original cables back in. Paul, your "Box" description is apt. The 650 cables can only be inserted about 1/4 inch into the HD25's because of that box. The 25 cables can go in another 1/8 inch for a much more secure connection.

Jan 4, 2013 at 4:00 PM Post #1,857 of 10,312
I am aware that the HD650 cables work with HD-25, but if i am going to sell a cable, i would like to do so as they are originally.

Paul, i believe those are Cardas, if they were Acrolink, you would see Acrolink printed on the side of the connector. I do have both here and would be using the Cardas for my cables, if you would like to PM me your address, i will send you one of each connector, so that you could try them. Iff need be, i can mod the connector further for you, to make sure they fit your phones, but they fit my Amperior very well, although not tight.

If the cups are kept as they should be, this should be no problem, but i can see how they would pull out easily when the cups are inverted.

Jan 4, 2013 at 4:17 PM Post #1,858 of 10,312
Quote:
I am aware that the HD650 cables work with HD-25, but if i am going to sell a cable, i would like to do so as they are originally.

Paul, i believe those are Cardas, if they were Acrolink, you would see Acrolink printed on the side of the connector. I do have both here and would be using the Cardas for my cables, if you would like to PM me your address, i will send you one of each connector, so that you could try them. Iff need be, i can mod the connector further for you, to make sure they fit your phones, but they fit my Amperior very well, although not tight.

If the cups are kept as they should be, this should be no problem, but i can see how they would pull out easily when the cups are inverted.

Thank you Frank, I'll pm you my address after typing this lol...
Be happy to help mate :)
I also believe with the cups in their proper position, un-inverted, they shouldnt pop out so easily...

Jan 4, 2013 at 4:44 PM Post #1,859 of 10,312
Quote:

Even with your HD650 stock cable?

Top is HD25 stock, Left is Toxic Cable's Silver Poison, Right is HD650 Stock. Notice on the two HD650 cables there is an intermediate Box section of the connectors. There is none on the HD-25's. This allows the HD25 cable to be inserted more fully into the HD-25 HP than an HD650 cable connector. This creates a more firm and secure connection. You can get signal from an HD650 cable, but is will not seat securely into an HD25 as the HD 25 cable connector does.

Jan 4, 2013 at 5:14 PM Post #1,860 of 10,312
Guys, (& Frank for sure ) little help here please.What cable do you think I should get for my HE-500? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back