Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
Dec 30, 2012 at 2:18 PM Post #1,741 of 10,312
i own some stunning gear, both speaker and headphones.  I am absolutley flat out telling you they offer no improvement, they look pretty yes but life is not a pony show.

Now u make me even more curious in the way u react..u say u owe a toxic cable? Which one? Or u mean ANY single upgrade cable has no or any positive influence on that specific earphone? So in general? Pls explain. As i am always open for new insights. And if u think a toxic cable wont do it for this iem..which one does then?

Dec 30, 2012 at 2:20 PM Post #1,742 of 10,312
I know my ears and I can vouch Frank's cables DO make a difference, I wouldnt spend that money if they didn't.
Anyway, This is the TC Appreciation thread, So lets not start any arguments about cables making a difference, If you dont believe they do, 
Make a thread about how cables DONT.

Sorry Frank :wink:

I agree paul..thats why i am interested why this guy is here..i asked him to explain. :D

Dec 30, 2012 at 2:23 PM Post #1,743 of 10,312
Ive just read his other posts, I doupt we'll get a valid or grown up response to be honest.
Best report his posts if they get worse so this brilliant thread doesnt derail.

Dec 30, 2012 at 2:39 PM Post #1,744 of 10,312
Quote:
Ive just read his other posts, I doupt we'll get a valid or grown up response to be honest.
Best report his posts if they get worse so this brilliant thread doesnt derail.

The cable discussion has gone on for many decades, placebo or not ,who cares if it sounds good for me that is all that matters and since Frank has 99.999999 % possitive feedback I am sure he his poison is working for many.

I have not received my cables and I already know they sound better
:)

ps. Sometimes ignoring is better.

Dec 30, 2012 at 6:05 PM Post #1,745 of 10,312
Well I have tried many different cables, granted with some there was not much difference.

Quality cables on the other hand .... "My ears" ....instantly inform me of their effect on the particular HP.

For those that don't believe in cables making a difference....and your ears inform you of that...Then I say Good on you saved your self some dough.

Like I posted earlier though....The Instant My Merlin was attached to the SP  My ears happily informed me....It was "The Dogs Bollocks"

Dec 30, 2012 at 6:34 PM Post #1,747 of 10,312

Quote:
I know my ears and I can vouch Frank's cables DO make a difference, I wouldnt spend that money if they didn't.
Anyway, This is the TC Appreciation thread, So lets not start any arguments about cables making a difference, If you dont believe they do, 
Make a thread about how cables DONT.

Sorry Frank :wink:

Of course they make a difference, any other 7N wire you make yourself will yield the same results if you're decent at soldering.
Otherwise, they wouldn't be in this type of market it it didn't yield any significant gains.

Quote:

The cable discussion has gone on for many decades, placebo or not ,who cares if it sounds good for me that is all that matters and since Frank has 99.999999 % possitive feedback I am sure he his poison is working for many.

I have not received my cables and I already know they sound better
:)

ps. Sometimes ignoring is better.

That's a blind assumption.
Being bias gets you nowhere.

Quote:
Now u make me even more curious in the way u react..u say u owe a toxic cable? Which one? Or u mean ANY single upgrade cable has no or any positive influence on that specific earphone? So in general? Pls explain. As i am always open for new insights. And if u think a toxic cable wont do it for this iem..which one does then?

May i ask who you're quoting under the name judebloodystool? No such name exist.

Please clarify it for me, as i am too dumb to find him on the search engine.

Dec 30, 2012 at 6:37 PM Post #1,748 of 10,312
damn..cant wait to get my black widows 22awg next week..hope i am the first one to get them..so i have the premiere
cool.gif

am sure my wife will get irritated as i will be glued to my headphones for at least a few hours or maybe more after they arrived..and frank... if i get a divorce its u to blame.!! hehehehe
tongue_smile.gif

Dec 30, 2012 at 6:41 PM Post #1,749 of 10,312
Quote:
damn..cant wait to get my black widows 22awg next week..hope i am the first one to get them..so i have the premiere
cool.gif

am sure my wife will get irritated as i will be glued to my headphones for at least a few hours or maybe more after they arrived..and frank... if i get a divorce its u to blame.!! hehehehe
tongue_smile.gif

Pretty sure you'd get the divorce from spending leaps of money on cables and diverting attention to your headphones rather than on your wife.

Tim

Dec 30, 2012 at 6:53 PM Post #1,751 of 10,312
Quote:
That's a blind assumption.
Being bias gets you nowhere.

May i ask who you're quoting under the name judebloodystool? No such name exist.

Please clarify it for me, as i am too dumb to find him on the search engine.

edited...i take my words back...sometimes i can get a bit quick on my reactions...but still....u sounded a bit assertive...here in this thread we are like a family..toxicated together
very_evil_smiley.gif
..and my fellow headfi'er is not biassed...check this thread and all the reviews..that cant possibly be mass placebo effect...
biggrin.gif

and if so...pls dont take that good feeling away then.
wink.gif

Dec 30, 2012 at 6:57 PM Post #1,753 of 10,312
Quote:
Pretty sure you'd get the divorce from spending leaps of money on cables and diverting attention to your headphones rather than on your wife.

Tim

well..to be honest...i keep her happy in many different ways..
very_evil_smiley.gif
so its not the money problem i am concerned about...its the time i dont give her because of listening to my rig
beerchug.gif
but lets us get back to cables ok?
wink.gif

Dec 30, 2012 at 7:03 PM Post #1,754 of 10,312
I said two short sentences, you've given me a paragraph.
Was clarifying who it was that you've quoted, that's all. No aggression towards anything.
I've also quoted Paul saying that cables do make a difference, you should read further, and i actually do own the hifiman hybrid toxic cable so your assertive nature is kind of funky in that matter being addressed to no real problem.
my community profile also states that i own a toxic cable.

I don't see why im being lectured here. In terms of cables, i own at least seven up-occ and made at least 15 spofc cables. Did not once state that there was no sonic differences, I don't know if you're arguing with me or just mad at life and sprouting nonsence.

Anyways, let's get back to the appreciating thread, if you'd like to talk about cables, see me in the cable discussion category.

Tim

Dec 30, 2012 at 7:04 PM Post #1,755 of 10,312
Quote:
LOL!

Really? Dang, that's like the quickest record i've seen yet.

Tim

yeah some people are here to create some kind of confusion or try to..or are here just to get attention or even a worse reason i dont even wanna mention outloud here....but good that we have the headfi bulldogs (administrators)  to take care of that..and in my opinion they do an excellent job..i know that from own experience
frown.gif
..to keep everything respectfull and nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back