[TOUR] T-PEOS H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid - Australian Tour Thread - (Impressions / Reviews)
Apr 29, 2014 at 6:28 AM Post #181 of 253
  Review done. If only they had a touch of magic somewhere...

http://www.head-fi.org/products/t-peos-h-300-3-way-hybrid/reviews/10916

PS: will deliver to billymav tomorrow night

Great review mate, very enjoyable...

As soon as @billymav hears this and feels the bass, I reckon he will get down and twerks 
tongue_smile.gif

Apr 29, 2014 at 6:32 AM Post #182 of 253

Oh hang on...wait a minute...

Quote:
In terms of bass impact, the H-300 is subtle. The bass is accurate and full, but didn't really wow me with it's impact in the way that something like the Super Darts do

Really? even the master basshead himself @svyr bows down to H-300's raw power...
bigsmile_face.gif

Apr 29, 2014 at 6:50 AM Post #184 of 253

I truly understand what you meant about something missing in the upper midrange and lower treble. I have solved this problem by minimising the peak between 7khz and 10khz. It's the main culprit that had tainted the supposedly near perfect iem for me. Too bad, guess I'll hope for best when they release the h400.

Great review mate!

Apr 29, 2014 at 8:01 AM Post #186 of 253
Hi Loquah, I'm curious what source you used to listen to the H-300s?

I ask because I personally found them very source dependant, such that they sound harsh and dull coming from my phone (apparently high impedance), yet much more detailed and natural (if still too thin without eq) coming from my iBasso D12. The difference is quite pronounced.

Did you observe any such variation in your listening?

Apr 29, 2014 at 8:26 AM Post #187 of 253
I don't know if it's placebo, that I'm finding the bass does tame down after approx 30-50 hrs of usage? It's getting tighter and more controlled but doesn't rumble that much anymore. Quantity tamed down slightly too. Any users experiencing the same?

Apr 29, 2014 at 8:37 AM Post #188 of 253
  Hi Loquah, I'm curious what source you used to listen to the H-300s?

I ask because I personally found them very source dependant, such that they sound harsh and dull coming from my phone (apparently high impedance), yet much more detailed and natural (if still too thin without eq) coming from my iBasso D12. The difference is quite pronounced.

Did you observe any such variation in your listening?

Mostly X5 + E12DIY and some X-Sabre + E12DIY, X5, Lumina 920 and even the Bottlehead Mainline.

I would definitely agree that different sources influence the sound, but so long as the output impedance is low enough I was hearing the source characteristics from the H-300s rather than the H-300s changing dramatically.

May 4, 2014 at 8:52 PM Post #193 of 253
There's been a slight change in the tour list: @lin0003 will be next in line after Billymav.

Again, thanks to everyone for making this run so smoothly.

May 5, 2014 at 6:43 AM Post #194 of 253
Sorry guys, mind if I pull out of this. My father in law got hurt with a circular saw during home renos last weekend, and I'm copping heaps at home from the mrs. Need to take him from hospital to home, home to rehab etc. I don't think I have much time to write a review in the next few weeks

May 5, 2014 at 6:48 AM Post #195 of 253
  Sorry guys, mind if I pull out of this. My father in law got hurt with a circular saw during home renos last weekend, and I'm copping heaps at home from the mrs. Need to take him from hospital to home, home to rehab etc. I don't think I have much time to write a review in the next few weeks

Oh no that's terrible, sorry to hear about your father, must be a terrible time for you. Of course, I'll remove you from the list.

If you'd like to listen at the end for a few days just let me know, we'll sort something out for you spurxiii.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back