[TOUR] T-PEOS H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid - Australian Tour Thread - (Impressions / Reviews)
May 28, 2014 at 7:42 AM Post #241 of 253
Without me having to start fetching you guys via PM, who's interested in hearing the new (improved) H-100 II?

Now our Australian H-300 tour is basically finished (I believe one final member is just having a listen) I'm going to send the H-100 II out to a few of the same tour members as I believe truth is in the testing. Reviews won't be a requirement only some small impressions / thoughts posted in Jonyoos thread.

I'll probably be sending them out this week sometime. it would be very casual tour, no rules just have a listen, say a few words and send them on etc....

Can I have a show of hands who would be interested before I start zoning you in via PM msgs?

May 28, 2014 at 9:00 PM Post #246 of 253
  What is the signature meant to be like?

There's a review here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/718587/t-peos-appreciation-and-discussion-thread-starting-with-t-peos-h-100-ii-rerelease#post_10551077

I find them rather bright in tonal character though overall balanced in low/mid/high with a slight upper-midrange push.

May 30, 2014 at 9:26 AM Post #248 of 253
Hello people from Australia!  
biggrin.gif

I have x4 members ready to demo H-100 II, I'll be sending them out on Sunday in the mail.

I think we'll start off with djvkool as I understand he has the original H-100 still? Some brief comparisons to that would be much appreciated.

The order will be something like this:

Djvkool
Svyr
DMax
Lin

(and maybe 1-2 more if d marc0 or another member wishes to join.)

So really the tour is just one quick run to Western Australia then the rest in Melbourne (so far)

I'll create a group PM msg so we can organize H-100 II  from here on.......

With that said the H-300 tour is now finished! We've made it through all the members, and the unit is almost at Its final destination. I would like to thank you all for keeping things on track and fulfilling the requirements of this tour. With some luck T-Peos might have something special planned in the not too distant future,
wink.gif
 Rest assured everyone from this tour will be invited again!

May 31, 2014 at 8:55 AM Post #249 of 253
Thanks H20!
I'll be honoured to try them.
Please slot me at the end of the tour as i may still be busy with the house build.

Jun 5, 2014 at 8:54 AM Post #250 of 253
I know I'm supposed to give an impression as I was the last member on the tour. However, I have been so busy studying my brains out formy last 2 exams next week instead of writing up a proper impression.

All I can say now is that I LOVED it so much that I have bought the tour unit.

I will try and write up an impression as soon as I can later next week if not this weekend.

There's not much negatives I can find atm though.

Jun 5, 2014 at 10:59 AM Post #251 of 253
I know I'm supposed to give an impression as I was the last member on the tour. However, I have been so busy studying my brains out formy last 2 exams next week instead of writing up a proper impression.

All I can say now is that I LOVED it so much that I have bought the tour unit.

I will try and write up an impression as soon as I can later next week if not this weekend.

There's not much negatives I can find atm though.

It's all good mate, just focus on your studying and pop back in sometime at a later date, no stress.

Jun 24, 2014 at 9:37 PM Post #252 of 253
Ah....Finally have some spare time to write up an impression for these wonderful IEMs.

First of all I like to thank T-Peos for sending out the tour sample and also H20Fidelity for arranging the tour.

Before hearing the H300, I have been enjoying the cold and analytical sound coming from the Hifiman re0. So my very first impression of the H300 when I put them on was like "wow, these are quite WARM sounding". Because I was not very used to the warm sounding signiture so I left the H300 on the desk and did not touch it for a day or 2. After a couple of days time, I decided to listen to them again to give them another chance and also tried to AB it with the re0. To my surprise, I actually PREFERRED the warmer sounding signiture of the H300 than the re0.

The highes on the H300 are very detailed and I did not find the treble harsh at all. The mids/vocals are awesome, love the intimacy of the sound. Initially I thought the bass was a bit boomy and lack of control. However, they sound great now IMO. They are also very quick and with many songs I can actually feel the dual BA drivers working and pumping hard in my ears lol, quite amazing.

The most WOWing factor of the H300 I got to say is its SOUNDSTAGE. It is AMAZINGLY ""WIDE"". I remember letting a fellow Headfier audition to it for the first time and his first reaction was " WOW...this thing has an AMAZING soundstage".

Being a soundstage whore like myself, I just had to buy one of these bad boys and I have not regretted since. I abosolutely LOVE these IMEs and I am looking forward to the future release of the newer models!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back