1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

[TOUR] T-PEOS H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid - Australian Tour Thread - (Impressions / Reviews)

First

Back
7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
  1. H20Fidelity Contributor
    Without me having to start fetching you guys via PM, who's interested in hearing the new (improved) H-100 II?

Now our Australian H-300 tour is basically finished (I believe one final member is just having a listen) I'm going to send the H-100 II out to a few of the same tour members as I believe truth is in the testing. Reviews won't be a requirement only some small impressions / thoughts posted in Jonyoos thread.

I'll probably be sending them out this week sometime. it would be very casual tour, no rules just have a listen, say a few words and send them on etc....

Can I have a show of hands who would be interested before I start zoning you in via PM msgs?

2. svyr
    i wouldn't mind trying them :)

3. lin0003
    Sure, I'd love to give them a go.

4. djvkool
    I'll give it a go for sure...

5. Loquah
    What is the signature meant to be like?

6. H20Fidelity Contributor

There's a review here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/718587/t-peos-appreciation-and-discussion-thread-starting-with-t-peos-h-100-ii-rerelease#post_10551077

I find them rather bright in tonal character though overall balanced in low/mid/high with a slight upper-midrange push.

7. Loquah
    Cool. Thanks for the link.

I'll pass so that others can get in on this one. Thanks for the offer though.

8. H20Fidelity Contributor
    Hello people from Australia!  [​IMG]

I have x4 members ready to demo H-100 II, I'll be sending them out on Sunday in the mail.

I think we'll start off with djvkool as I understand he has the original H-100 still? Some brief comparisons to that would be much appreciated.

The order will be something like this:

Djvkool
    Svyr
    DMax
    Lin

(and maybe 1-2 more if d marc0 or another member wishes to join.)

So really the tour is just one quick run to Western Australia then the rest in Melbourne (so far)

I'll create a group PM msg so we can organize H-100 II  from here on.......

With that said the H-300 tour is now finished! We've made it through all the members, and the unit is almost at Its final destination. I would like to thank you all for keeping things on track and fulfilling the requirements of this tour. With some luck T-Peos might have something special planned in the not too distant future, [​IMG] Rest assured everyone from this tour will be invited again!

svyr, White Lotus and d marc0 like this.
  9. d marc0
    Thanks H20!
    I'll be honoured to try them.
    Please slot me at the end of the tour as i may still be busy with the house build.

H20Fidelity likes this.
  10. DMax99
    I know I'm supposed to give an impression as I was the last member on the tour. However, I have been so busy studying my brains out formy last 2 exams next week instead of writing up a proper impression.

All I can say now is that I LOVED it so much that I have bought the tour unit.

I will try and write up an impression as soon as I can later next week if not this weekend.

There's not much negatives I can find atm though.

11. H20Fidelity Contributor

It's all good mate, just focus on your studying and pop back in sometime at a later date, no stress.

12. DMax99
    Ah....Finally have some spare time to write up an impression for these wonderful IEMs.

First of all I like to thank T-Peos for sending out the tour sample and also H20Fidelity for arranging the tour.

Before hearing the H300, I have been enjoying the cold and analytical sound coming from the Hifiman re0. So my very first impression of the H300 when I put them on was like "wow, these are quite WARM sounding". Because I was not very used to the warm sounding signiture so I left the H300 on the desk and did not touch it for a day or 2. After a couple of days time, I decided to listen to them again to give them another chance and also tried to AB it with the re0. To my surprise, I actually PREFERRED the warmer sounding signiture of the H300 than the re0.

The highes on the H300 are very detailed and I did not find the treble harsh at all. The mids/vocals are awesome, love the intimacy of the sound. Initially I thought the bass was a bit boomy and lack of control. However, they sound great now IMO. They are also very quick and with many songs I can actually feel the dual BA drivers working and pumping hard in my ears lol, quite amazing.

The most WOWing factor of the H300 I got to say is its SOUNDSTAGE. It is AMAZINGLY ""WIDE"". I remember letting a fellow Headfier audition to it for the first time and his first reaction was " WOW...this thing has an AMAZING soundstage".

Being a soundstage whore like myself, I just had to buy one of these bad boys and I have not regretted since. I abosolutely LOVE these IMEs and I am looking forward to the future release of the newer models!

13. Hapster
    Lol boomy.

First

Back
7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16