[TOUR] T-PEOS H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid - Australian Tour Thread - (Impressions / Reviews)
May 19, 2014 at 7:07 PM Post #227 of 253
I have it still, sorry, haven't been posting a lot.

Can Rich please send me your shipping details?

May 19, 2014 at 7:13 PM Post #228 of 253
I have it still, sorry, haven't been posting a lot.

Can Rich please send me your shipping details?

It's ok.

You'll need to shoot him a PM to get his details,

http://www.head-fi.org/u/32424/redrich2000

Don't stress about getting his details and sending it out all in one day, but quickly would be preferable.

May 21, 2014 at 8:33 AM Post #229 of 253
I have the H300s now. Have been giving them a quick run tonight. My initial impressions are: BASSSSSS!!. I'm an ER-4, RE272 kinda guy, compared to those, these have some real slam. The bass is very nicely detailed though, and deep. The treble is too hot though, giving them an overall V type sound. Right back at the start someone said these are like the DBA02 with a dynamic driver and that is pretty bang on. There not quite as hot as or harsh as the Fischers and still with pretty good mid presence and clarity. I was initially using some silicons but I've just switched to some old complys that have the foam nozzle cover, so we'll see how those go.

May 21, 2014 at 8:45 PM Post #230 of 253
Dear H-300 owners that listen on a PC,

I thought I'd share my favourite EQ config. It tones down the highs a touch and warms up the mids.

You can use it with https://sourceforge.net/projects/equalizerapo/ and https://sourceforge.net/projects/peace-equalizer-apo-extension/

http://pastebin.com/z7xdqFq8

Just save it as a .peace file and place it in the EqualizerAPO\config directory.

May 21, 2014 at 8:49 PM Post #231 of 253
  I have the H300s now. Have been giving them a quick run tonight. My initial impressions are: BASSSSSS!!. I'm an ER-4, RE272 kinda guy, compared to those, these have some real slam. The bass is very nicely detailed though, and deep. The treble is too hot though, giving them an overall V type sound. Right back at the start someone said these are like the DBA02 with a dynamic driver and that is pretty bang on. There not quite as hot as or harsh as the Fischers and still with pretty good mid presence and clarity. I was initially using some silicons but I've just switched to some old complys that have the foam nozzle cover, so we'll see how those go.

Listened more on the way to work this morning with the complys and the heat in the treble is basically gone. So I'd say like this they are quite balanced overall. The bass is boosted but doesn't colour the rest of the spectrum much. 

May 21, 2014 at 9:08 PM Post #232 of 253
  Listened more on the way to work this morning with the complys and the heat in the treble is basically gone. So I'd say like this they are quite balanced overall. The bass is boosted but doesn't colour the rest of the spectrum much. 

What source are you using mate? Was it you I saw had a ZX1 on hand? 

May 22, 2014 at 12:19 AM Post #234 of 253
  No iMod>Headstage Arrow. That's my reference portable. The ZX1 is okay but lacks a bit of oomph, plus I friggin hate its UI.

Not bad, I would be interested in your further thoughts how the ZX1 pairs with H-300.

I was greeted today by yet another T-PEOS product, this ones a little cheaper than H-300 coming in at around $70-$80

H-100 ii. I must say it's a nice sounding earphone.

There's some conversation about it starting in Jonyoos thread: http://www.head-fi.org/t/718587/t-peos-appreciation-and-discussion-thread-starting-with-t-peos-h-100-ii-rerelease

May 22, 2014 at 3:43 AM Post #236 of 253
  How close/different is it to the original H-100 bud?

If there's enough interest maybe I'll send H-100 II to a few members once our H-300 tour is finished, we'll just to a mini tour with basic impressions (no review). They sound similar in tonal character to the first H-100 but with a repaired mid-range and no treble peaks? Rather than a U shape I hear them more balanced with a slight upper mid push. T-Peos seem to have adopted Sony's H3 cable too. Something they call "Micro Groove Cable" 

May 22, 2014 at 8:14 PM Post #237 of 253

If there's enough interest maybe I'll send H-100 II to a few members once our H-300 tour is finished, we'll just to a mini tour with basic impressions (no review). They sound similar in tonal character to the first H-100 but with a repaired mid-range and no treble peaks? Rather than a U shape I hear them more balanced with a slight upper mid push. T-Peos seem to have adopted Sony's H3 cable too. Something they call "Micro Groove Cable" 

Yeah saw that from your photos mate, the cable looks good indeed

May 22, 2014 at 8:19 PM Post #238 of 253
Selling my E18
etysmile.gif

I've had my eyes on the Cayin C6, I hope it pairs well with these. Will probably just buy it today. From the looks of it, it's not very impressive, function wise. But since it's iDevice compatible, and uses the current flagship DAC chip from Wolfson, it should be pretty nice. 

May 27, 2014 at 9:06 PM Post #239 of 253
The H300s are packaged up and ready to continue on their journey. My review is up. Nothing new really, similar conclusions to most. A few more comments here though... I'm an ER-4 guy really, but don't like their deep insertion so I'm always looking for shallow fitting alternatives. In that regard I really, really like the new AT IM02. I jumped back to those today after the H300. The bass is not as good on them, but is actually closer to natural for me. Other than that, to my ears the the IM02 is a much more natural sounding IEM with a broadly similar sound sig to the H300, just warmer than natural but beautifully flat and clear and with no treble heat or harshness.

Thanks again to H20Fidelity for organising this, such a great opportunity to try out a range of gear.

May 28, 2014 at 4:37 AM Post #240 of 253
  The H300s are packaged up and ready to continue on their journey. My review is up. Nothing new really, similar conclusions to most. A few more comments here though... I'm an ER-4 guy really, but don't like their deep insertion so I'm always looking for shallow fitting alternatives. In that regard I really, really like the new AT IM02. I jumped back to those today after the H300. The bass is not as good on them, but is actually closer to natural for me. Other than that, to my ears the the IM02 is a much more natural sounding IEM with a broadly similar sound sig to the H300, just warmer than natural but beautifully flat and clear and with no treble heat or harshness.

Thanks again to H20Fidelity for organising this, such a great opportunity to try out a range of gear.

Hey mate, thanks a lot for your contribution, really appreciate it. Soon as we have some more tours up and running I'll be in touch. 
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back