[TOUR] T-PEOS H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid - Australian Tour Thread - (Impressions / Reviews)
May 5, 2014 at 9:01 AM Post #198 of 253
So does the h-300 come in 2 colors or what? I've seen grey & purple ones.

Or what. 

The one the only "this colour" 
tongue.gif
 I assume the others you saw were pre-production models.

May 5, 2014 at 9:42 AM Post #200 of 253
Could be lighting too, that looks grey to me.

But this sure doesn't look grey

That's the same colour but badly edited. (not by me btw)

I assumed you meant this one.

^ That was for certain a pre-production model.

May 5, 2014 at 9:54 AM Post #202 of 253
If 99% sure if it was that awful blue color I wouldn't have bought them
biggrin.gif

If you send me your H-300 I'll custom spray them any colour you like, for a small fee. ($20,000)

Our customized hot pink glitter effect is well-received.

May 6, 2014 at 10:57 AM Post #205 of 253
Apologies guys for not writing initial impressions.  Thank you @H20Fidelity for including me in this tour. :)

I’ll skip the technicalities of the H-300 as that's already been covered sufficiently.

Upon first listen, I must be honest and say I was left wanting more.  It felt like there was something missing, or I was waiting for something to hit me, just couldn’t put my finger on it.  I hadn’t read any prior reviews or impressions of the H-300, I haven’t really spent more than 5 minutes with a H-200, and none with the H-100, this is my first real taste of T-PEOS.

Now that my week is finally up, I can truly understand the magic of this IEM.  From initially thinking something was missing, I couldn’t have been more wrong.  I simply can’t fault the H-300.  It doesn’t smack you in the face, however the beauty lies in sum of all parts.  While using the H-300, the only thing that came into mind was the actual music, you forgot about the headphones, you forgot about hybrids, girls, taking the dog for a walk, it was simply about the music!

How do they sound to me?

Treble energy?  Sure, I don’t mind it…  I listen to a lot of EDM and I think the treble is just about right.  There’s some different genres where it can be perceived as a little too hot.  I’m also using foams, and don’t hear any of the peaks that have been mentioned.

Recessed midrange?  Ever so slightly…  Problem?  For some strange reason no!  And I generally love my midrange a little forward.  Instruments and vocals are clean, with above average detail levels (yes, very similar to the DBA-02 detail levels).  Everything here is excellent in my opinion, instrument separation, soundstage, etc.

Bass monster?  Definitely not!  Is it still really that good?  Yes!  The bass didn’t jump out at me on first listen, but I’ve grown to really enjoy its punchy, tight, clean presentation.  No rumble, no bass bleed, no decay, how could you fault it?  You couldn’t, its simply a matter of personal taste, maybe I would like a little more impact, but the H-300 tries to stay in middle ground, which is not a bad thing really.

Ok, so I switched to silicone tips, just for a little while…  Well, there it is.  More impact!  Wow, OMG!  This pretty makes it perfect in the bass department! Albeit hearing some treble peaks now with silicone.

I originally mentioned the sum of all parts, and with the H-300, its simply the sum of parts, the complete package that makes the H-300 special.  Sure we all can pick faults in products, is there an IEM that is simply perfect?  I don’t think such exists.  

Would I recommend the H-300?  Yes!  Would I want to listen to it again?  Yes!  I think I will miss it as soon as I post it off.  And to think about it, my initial impressions didn’t leave me wanting more.

What I loved:

1. Of course the sound – Remembering it’s all about the music!
  2. The non-mic cable – Simply superb, didn’t try the mic cable, as I was drawn to this, the feel, the texture, everything about it is first class.
  3. Included accessories – Great range of accessories, top notch!

What I didn’t like (these are really minor):

1. General looks – Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but I thought they would look a little more special for their price.
  2. Size/Shape – A little big for my tastes, very much Frankenstein looks!
  3. Connectors – Feel a little cheap and if you were rough with them, you could easily do some damage

May 6, 2014 at 11:21 AM Post #206 of 253
Apologies guys for not writing initial impressions.  Thank you @H20Fidelity
for including me in this tour. :)

I’ll skip the technicalities of the H-300 as that's already been covered sufficiently.

Upon first listen, I must be honest and say I was left wanting more.  It felt like there was something missing, or I was waiting for something to hit me, just couldn’t put my finger on it.  I hadn’t read any prior reviews or impressions of the H-300, I haven’t really spent more than 5 minutes with a H-200, and none with the H-100, this is my first real taste of T-PEOS.

Now that my week is finally up, I can truly understand the magic of this IEM.  From initially thinking something was missing, I couldn’t have been more wrong.  I simply can’t fault the H-300.  It doesn’t smack you in the face, however the beauty lies in sum of all parts.  While using the H-300, the only thing that came into mind was the actual music, you forgot about the headphones, you forgot about hybrids, girls, taking the dog for a walk, it was simply about the music!

How do they sound to me?

Treble energy?  Sure, I don’t mind it…  I listen to a lot of EDM and I think the treble is just about right.  There’s some different genres where it can be perceived as a little too hot.  I’m also using foams, and don’t hear any of the peaks that have been mentioned.

Recessed midrange?  Ever so slightly…  Problem?  For some strange reason no!  And I generally love my midrange a little forward.  Instruments and vocals are clean, with above average detail levels (yes, very similar to the DBA-02 detail levels).  Everything here is excellent in my opinion, instrument separation, soundstage, etc.

Bass monster?  Definitely not!  Is it still really that good?  Yes!  The bass didn’t jump out at me on first listen, but I’ve grown to really enjoy its punchy, tight, clean presentation.  No rumble, no bass bleed, no decay, how could you fault it?  You couldn’t, its simply a matter of personal taste, maybe I would like a little more impact, but the H-300 tries to stay in middle ground, which is not a bad thing really.

Ok, so I switched to silicone tips, just for a little while…  Well, there it is.  More impact!  Wow, OMG!  This pretty makes it perfect in the bass department! Albeit hearing some treble peaks now with silicone.

I originally mentioned the sum of all parts, and with the H-300, its simply the sum of parts, the complete package that makes the H-300 special.  Sure we all can pick faults in products, is there an IEM that is simply perfect?  I don’t think such exists.  

Would I recommend the H-300?  Yes!  Would I want to listen to it again?  Yes!  I think I will miss it as soon as I post it off.  And to think about it, my initial impressions didn’t leave me wanting more.

What I loved:

• Of course the sound – Remembering it’s all about the music!
  • The non-mic cable – Simply superb, didn’t try the mic cable, as I was drawn to this, the feel, the texture, everything about it is first class.
  • Included accessories – Great range of accessories, top notch!

• General looks – Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but I thought they would look a little more special for their price.
  • Size/Shape – A little big for my tastes, very much Frankenstein looks!
  • Connectors – Feel a little cheap and if you were rough with them, you could easily do some damage

Nice impressions! The size of it is really a little large. Looking into the mirror I can see almost half the body of the IEM hanging outside the ear.

May 6, 2014 at 12:16 PM Post #207 of 253
Thanks Billy, really happy you could take something away from them and the impressions are much appreciated. I'd usually add something cheeky to say here as a bonus prize but I'm honestly too tired atm. :wink:

Thanks again!

May 6, 2014 at 5:51 PM Post #209 of 253
  Apologies guys for not writing initial impressions.  Thank you @H20Fidelity for including me in this tour. :)

How do they sound to me?

What I loved:

1. Of course the sound – Remembering it’s all about the music!
  2. The non-mic cable – Simply superb, didn’t try the mic cable, as I was drawn to this, the feel, the texture, everything about it is first class.
  3. Included accessories – Great range of accessories, top notch!

1. General looks – Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but I thought they would look a little more special for their price.
  2. Size/Shape – A little big for my tastes, very much Frankenstein looks!
  3. Connectors – Feel a little cheap and if you were rough with them, you could easily do some damage

You definitely nailed this review the way I experienced this iem... even down to the switching to silicon tips. Most of my iems cost more than the H-300, but I swear these sound like the end game for me. I was told that the Noble4 was better than the H-300, but thats not the way that I hear it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back