Tokyo 2014 Autumn Fujiya Avic Headphone Festival October 25-26
Sep 26, 2014 at 7:36 PM Post #46 of 106
Floor plan is up an all, but the actual vendor list isn't released and the floor plan itself has censored sections. Seeing as its still roughly a month away, that's understandable...

Sep 27, 2014 at 11:39 AM Post #47 of 106
Anyone got any info about new Fitear universal IEM? Price or sound signature? I guess they are going to sell some of them at the festival. I want one but blind buying ~$1000 headphone is quite risky (for me).

Oct 13, 2014 at 3:44 AM Post #50 of 106
I will come to this one, my first opportunity to go to a proper show...bringing my wife and 2-year-old daughter. I'm sure it isn't the most kid friendly environment, but she does like HPs and I think we might be able to keep her entertained.

Most importantly, I really want to get my wife interested in head-fi, but she doesn't have the ear for it yet, and I'm apparently not the greatest teacher. If there is anyone going who can help convert my wife, I would be infinitely grateful. In principle, she is interested in a set of IEMs, probably will use on her iPhone to begin. They should be good enough to get her hooked, but not so good as to require something heftier to drive. But I've not had the opportunity to have her shop for the sound signature she likes best, so not sure what she will like.

I tried to find the old e-earphone store on several occasions, and even followed the website's directions to the old store, and I found the exact building and everything...but there was never a sign for it posted outside, and I didn't enter since it seems they may have vacated the space...then a couple months back I went down the same street and saw a sign on that building with directions to a new store, slightly closer to the JR station, but it wasn't open yet. I am very interested in seeing this store. (Seems to be an Asian thing to be secretive and difficult to find...)

Oct 13, 2014 at 4:16 AM Post #51 of 106
  I will come to this one, my first opportunity to go to a proper show...bringing my wife and 2-year-old daughter. I'm sure it isn't the most kid friendly environment, but she does like HPs and I think we might be able to keep her entertained.

Most importantly, I really want to get my wife interested in head-fi, but she doesn't have the ear for it yet, and I'm apparently not the greatest teacher. If there is anyone going who can help convert my wife, I would be infinitely grateful. In principle, she is interested in a set of IEMs, probably will use on her iPhone to begin. They should be good enough to get her hooked, but not so good as to require something heftier to drive. But I've not had the opportunity to have her shop for the sound signature she likes best, so not sure what she will like.

I tried to find the old e-earphone store on several occasions, and even followed the website's directions to the old store, and I found the exact building and everything...but there was never a sign for it posted outside, and I didn't enter since it seems they may have vacated the space...then a couple months back I went down the same street and saw a sign on that building with directions to a new store, slightly closer to the JR station, but it wasn't open yet. I am very interested in seeing this store. (Seems to be an Asian thing to be secretive and difficult to find...)

It's more that stores tend to be not just on the 1st (ground) floor of buildings, so central Tokyo can be very confusing when trying to find an individual business. 

For you wife, which iPhone does she have? Apparently the new iPhone 6 isn't good with most IEMs now, as they've changed the output impedance, but I have to confirm this.

Oct 13, 2014 at 4:18 AM Post #52 of 106
Look for the Royal Host on the East side of Chuo-dori in Akihabara;  E-earphone is right across the side street, huge orange sign, can`t miss it.   It seems to be a bit emptied out at the moment, maybe because they`re hiding the good stuff for the show. . . 

Oct 13, 2014 at 5:06 AM Post #53 of 106
  It's more that stores tend to be not just on the 1st (ground) floor of buildings, so central Tokyo can be very confusing when trying to find an individual business. 

No, this wasn't the problem...I am quite used to upper floor businesses in Tokyo. The problem was complete lack of any sign whatsoever, in Japanese, English, or any other language.

Quote:

For you wife, which iPhone does she have? Apparently the new iPhone 6 isn't good with most IEMs now, as they've changed the output impedance, but I have to confirm this.

She has an iPhone 5...not 5S, just straight-up iPhone 5 (same as me).

Oct 13, 2014 at 5:52 AM Post #54 of 106
I would suggest just going to bicCamera, yodobashi camera and try some iems there. Easier to find and also a
good range.
I found it hard as hell to find e-earphone the first time.

Fujiya avic in nakano (where the show is) has used iems for good prices. Also a quiet listening station outside the shop with many iems.

Back to the show discussion. I have bought my son aged 2-3 several times, he is quite chilled and likes meeting the other head-fiers. If you put some on ears around your childs head they can enjoy being part of it. He likes ATH-ESW9.

Oct 14, 2014 at 2:05 AM Post #55 of 106
  Most importantly, I really want to get my wife interested in head-fi...

May wanna keep her away from the "Headphone Girls" at the show then :D. Jk jk.

Looking forward to meeting you mate.

Oct 16, 2014 at 3:30 AM Post #57 of 106
I would suggest just going to bicCamera, yodobashi camera and try some iems there. Easier to find and also a
good range...

We have been to several, including the Akiba Yodobashi, but my wife doesn't like swapping ear wax with other customers...maybe we can bring a bottle of alcohol and wipes for any occasion.

Oct 16, 2014 at 4:27 AM Post #58 of 106
We have been to several, including the Akiba Yodobashi, but my wife doesn't like swapping ear wax with other customers...maybe we can bring a bottle of alcohol and wipes for any occasion.
bicccamera often has wipes.

But yes, bring your own wipes.

...or even better - use your own tips.

Oct 18, 2014 at 7:03 PM Post #59 of 106
Hi Guys,

Anyone know if the FITEAR will be showing their new universal IEMs?  This is what I think will be one of the highlights of the show and I'm eagerly waiting for its release.

Oct 19, 2014 at 12:39 AM Post #60 of 106
  Some pics I took last month when I visited the new e-earphone shop, the new shop sure look brighter and more space than the old one. This time I will also go to THF Autumn, hope I can meet you guys there...

On closer inspection, that appears to be a pair of Denon AHD-7000 that I am definitely interested in.

Good thing I'm nearby in Yokohama. Good thing I learned of this event before it actually happened :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back