Tokyo 2014 Autumn Fujiya Avic Headphone Festival October 25-26
Sep 7, 2014 at 9:27 AM Post #16 of 106

I love the new shop. I was there today and on opening day. Today was just a sunday afternoon, but it was packed. I picked up a pair of Koss Porta Pros and enjoyed a bunch of different earphones. My wife was running from one end to the other. 

We both supported their operation today : I got the Fostex IEMs, `used` for 8000y.  I love the `used` stuff you can find in Akihabara . . .  
Earlier at Fujiya-Avic I almost bought the new HE-560 from Hifiman.  It was a risky day. 

Sep 8, 2014 at 2:47 AM Post #17 of 106
Any chance of a surprise bass head friendly monster showing up? (Z7)

That's like the best weather of the year for Tokyo right around then. Perfect timing.
I may represent the bass head clique
biggrin.gif

Sep 8, 2014 at 4:07 AM Post #18 of 106
@Hawaiibadboy Go for it. I've decided I'm going to e-earphone and the Van Nuys bag shop in Shibuya on Friday if you want to come along.

Sep 8, 2014 at 4:12 AM Post #19 of 106
Sep 8, 2014 at 4:35 AM Post #20 of 106
Sep 8, 2014 at 4:54 AM Post #21 of 106

I don't know. Are they not open ever day?

Nope. They open 2 days a month. They may not stock everything that their website has (but you can order if they don't have it on display for that month), and they change their display stock from month-to-month. This month it's 26th-27th Sept. So you may be lucky that it'll be on the last Fri/Sat of the month for Oct.

http://www.vannuys.co.jp/

Sep 8, 2014 at 8:57 AM Post #22 of 106
Hi,
where exactly are the new e-earphone stores located? tx.

Sep 8, 2014 at 2:33 PM Post #23 of 106
  Hi,

The new store is near a large secondhand anime/manga shop named Mandarake, I've never been to the new e-earphone store but I'm pretty familiar with the area. There was a post about it:

http://www.head-fi.org/a/how-to-find-the-tokyo-e-earphone-shop

I'll be in Japan around that time so I might tag along :) newbie yay!

Sep 8, 2014 at 8:17 PM Post #24 of 106
  Hi,

A good landmark for the new E-earphone shops is the RoyalHost family restaurant like a Denny`s or whatever - second floor on the corner of E-earphone`s street.  Sign in English, right on Chuo-dori (the big main street in Akihabara).  If you can find that, you`ll be able to see the CIEM street-level shop about 30m away with its big orange sign; the main store is just around the corner, down the next side street, 4th floor.  

AkXf1re, you may be thinking of the Fujiya-Avic audio shop in Nakano; it is next to Mandrake ( though there very likely is another Mandrake in Akihabara ).  Fujiya-Avic has some interesting gear and their prices are sometimes better than elsewhere, but I have never once had a positive interaction with the staff there - a bunch of uninformed, grouchy old pricks, IMO.  

Has anyone else met that tall, totally bilingual guy working at E-earphone?  He`s so insanely polite and helpful . . . like most of the staff at E-earphone.  

While I`m on it, I must recommend again Andix Audio, just a couple of streets away from the new E-earphone shops.  It`s a tube shop that makes in-house headphone amps and dac-amps.  My HPA-45 drives my HD800s beautifully and is quite awesome to look at as well.  The president, ie, the guy who`ll make you coffee while you listen to his demo phones or your own, can actually break out decent English so don`t hesitate dropping in.  He`s a real enthusiast and deserves more attention IMO.  

http://www.andix.co.jp/

Sep 8, 2014 at 10:01 PM Post #25 of 106
This sounds like it would be quite enjoyable, and possibly a great learning experience for someone new to all this.  Hopefully I can attend since at the moment me being in town is quite up in the air.

Quote:

A good landmark for the new E-earphone shops is the RoyalHost family restaurant like a Denny`s or whatever - second floor on the corner of E-earphone`s street.  Sign in English, right on Chuo-dori (the big main street in Akihabara).  If you can find that, you`ll be able to see the CIEM street-level shop about 30m away with its big orange sign; the main store is just around the corner, down the next side street, 4th floor.  

AkXf1re, you may be thinking of the Fujiya-Avic audio shop in Nakano; it is next to Mandrake ( though there very likely is another Mandrake in Akihabara ).  Fujiya-Avic has some interesting gear and their prices are sometimes better than elsewhere, but I have never once had a positive interaction with the staff there - a bunch of uninformed, grouchy old pricks, IMO.  

Has anyone else met that tall, totally bilingual guy working at E-earphone?  He`s so insanely polite and helpful . . . like most of the staff at E-earphone.  

While I`m on it, I must recommend again Andix Audio, just a couple of streets away from the new E-earphone shops.  It`s a tube shop that makes in-house headphone amps and dac-amps.  My HPA-45 drives my HD800s beautifully and is quite awesome to look at as well.  The president, ie, the guy who`ll make you coffee while you listen to his demo phones or your own, can actually break out decent English so don`t hesitate dropping in.  He`s a real enthusiast and deserves more attention IMO.  

http://www.andix.co.jp/

Looks like I will be taking a field trip this Thursday.

Sep 9, 2014 at 3:03 AM Post #27 of 106

I don't know. Are they not open ever day?

Nope. They open 2 days a month. They may not stock everything that their website has (but you can order if they don't have it on display for that month), and they change their display stock from month-to-month. This month it's 26th-27th Sept. So you may be lucky that it'll be on the last Fri/Sat of the month for Oct.

http://www.vannuys.co.jp/

Found the info. Looks like they will be open on the Friday and Saturday. I think I might have found what I want on their web shop though, including what of the many optional extras they have for their bags. 

Sep 9, 2014 at 3:16 AM Post #28 of 106
  Will the show be at Nakano or Gaien-Mae?

Thanks.

Nakano I believe. We can all go to your place for breakfast, then go to the show, then head back to your place for dinner :D.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back