Tokyo 2014 Autumn Fujiya Avic Headphone Festival October 25-26
Oct 22, 2014 at 2:35 AM Post #77 of 106
I am so looking forward to returning to my favorite city on the planet earth. Please stop by my table and say hello. ALO will be in attendance.

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Oct 22, 2014 at 6:22 AM Post #80 of 106
Oct 22, 2014 at 6:27 AM Post #81 of 106

Might be silly of me to ask, but are the press releases in English or Japanese?

Japanese but with google translate you can get a good sense of things. It is not prefect but they have the most exciting products releases that one can soon find on fujia avic webstore and thanks for shipping forwarding sites those products are no longer unique for Japan only. A great example is Monolith sound potioon which I found out about via the fujia avic and purchased via price japan (great under appreciated amp)

Oct 22, 2014 at 6:29 AM Post #82 of 106
Eh, in either case, if anyone has a burning need to know something, I can translate (either pamphlets if you send them to me and/or on the fly if you feel like talking with a salesperson).

Of course, depends on who is even showing up. Event's drawing close!

Oct 22, 2014 at 8:44 AM Post #83 of 106
We don't have our own dedicated space inside the venue this time, sadly. I think though that given the venue, there are plenty of places (such as coffee shops) we can hang out if necessary.

I didn't have time to organise t-shirts this time, but I'll be hanging around wearing one or another from the previous festivals. I'm still trying to decide whether or not to take the big Nikon or just the RX10.

Oct 22, 2014 at 2:17 PM Post #85 of 106
  We don't have our own dedicated space inside the venue this time, sadly. I think though that given the venue, there are plenty of places (such as coffee shops) we can hang out if necessary.

I didn't have time to organise t-shirts this time, but I'll be hanging around wearing one or another from the previous festivals. I'm still trying to decide whether or not to take the big Nikon or just the RX10.

Choose the BIG Nikon for those of us scoring at home. 
biggrin.gif

Will attend some day...

Oct 22, 2014 at 6:37 PM Post #86 of 106
Looking forward to all the reports and write ups as well as the pictures.

Take lots and lots of photos guys.  Have fun.
beerchug.gif

Oct 23, 2014 at 6:32 AM Post #90 of 106
For those who are covering the event please don't forget to cover the smaller and less known brands.

There's usually a whole room of uber-expensive brands at the show, which I mentioned in my last report. However, only a couple have taken any interest in international sales (Aurorasound being the main one, and aside from that group, Elekit is the one of the few others). If you're after a $2000-10,000 amp or DAC from one of these unknown companies, let me know and I'll find out more about them. 
wink.gif

Other than that, the problem with the show is that it is simply overwhelming. By the end of the day, the mental overload makes it impossible to take in any more and unless it is a Japanese company that clearly has international interests (and has not been reported on extensively already in the mainstream audio press) or is making something simply too out-there to ignore, one ends up losing interest. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back