Tokyo 2013 Autumn Fujiya Avic show impressions.
Oct 29, 2013 at 6:43 AM Post #34 of 96
He doesn't post much, but the owner in question was KANA. He doesn't post much though. When he did, it was in the ortho thread.

I think this picture will explain everything (note the battery-powered name badge, which my flash rather muted):

Oct 29, 2013 at 7:56 AM Post #35 of 96
  . I love the headphone girls

Oh yes! I might go to the show just for that xD [just kidding]

Always nice to see Dan too, he's got such enthuisasim in all the pictures of him that I see! Also good to hear the HM700 has a nice clear sound... my 801 just lost all Dac function... might have to replace it with another Hifiman Unit here soon if I can't get it fixed

and was this show any quieter than Can Jam xD 

Oct 29, 2013 at 8:08 AM Post #37 of 96
  What is the  "torture device" mention that Jude is wearing and one other in the photos?

->

Those are the DIY headphone made by some japanese guy. He made it using some old military speaker. It's very very uncomfortable to put it on and sound like listen to radio show in 50's or 60's. 

Oct 29, 2013 at 9:59 AM Post #38 of 96
  I only have one question:

How did those earphones sound?

oh my god. that beautiful.........in ears headphones!!!!
devil_face.gif

Oct 29, 2013 at 10:50 AM Post #40 of 96
Did anyone notice that small table with the old dood and his hand-made tube headphone amps with all the vintage tubes?  I am thinking I need to go to his shop this weekend and buy one.

Oct 29, 2013 at 11:02 AM Post #41 of 96
  Too much photoshop :p

Original picture for your reference. (The overindulgence with Ps is for avatar-sized dimensions, not blown up like that)

But it's a serious question; I'd like to know how the Dynamic Motion DM008 sound --- sure, they look like Beats, but they're supposed to be a new oval-type dynamic driver that offers new performance: http://av.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/20131026_621058.html

Oct 29, 2013 at 12:09 PM Post #43 of 96
  Did anyone notice that small table with the old dood and his hand-made tube headphone amps with all the vintage tubes?  I am thinking I need to go to his shop this weekend and buy one.

Yes I saw that. Very nice looking amps.

Here's my photo contribution to this thread (some of which has been posted in the respective product threads) :-

Oppo PM-1

Sennheiser HD26 Pro & Focal Spirit Professional

Shure SRH-1540

ALO Audio Studio 6

The MH335DW Studio Reference - I can't say no to this upgrade when it's available

Mr. Speakers Alpha Dogs - It's not just now neutral they sound but the micro detail this headphone produces is of the level of much more expensive headphones

JH Audio Roxanne - The treble extension in a natural way is quite unforgettable.

Audeze LCD-XC - didn't try, will get to real soon!

LCD-X - tried briefly. I have to admit I personally prefer these to the LCD-3's. Further enhanced by VicJohn Audio's 93% silver/7% gold cable (not pictured here)

Audeze's new family

VicJohn Audio Lzio Hav3

VicJohn Audio  cable (93% Silver, 7% gold) - I've actually never heard the 535s sound so good until this cable.

Ocharaku Donguri - this is another earphone that I love. I'm kicking myself for not buying it then. To me, these were more tonally balanced than the other range (or actually the Kuro with the long tube could be - need a better listen).

3xKuro survey - long tube, standard, short tube. The Long tube increased the bass, whilst the short tube the opposite. I voted for the long tube for my preference.

Mass Kobo 395 - apparently essentially a 385 with a gain switch (less to almost no hiss)

Cavalli Liquid Gold (LAu)

driving the Abyss - this has given me serious consideration to switch away from my Stax (but I have an Electra coming my way). The Abyss though is seriously good. I'm was very surprised by it.

B&W P7. Much improved over the P5 in my personal opinion.

We had speakers too

Temporary distraction from the Ortofon exhibit

Back to the Ortofon exhibit, hybrid tube amp. Quite nice lush mids with this amp. Didn't get to ask if it was still a prototype or if it's productionised.

The new eQ-8. I listened to it intensely and embarrassingly told Sakata-san, "I hear distortion on the right earpiece". Then tried the 2nd eQ-8. I also heard distortion. It's my recording which I never noticed before! These eQ-8s are really sensitive! They're similar to the eQ-7 but internal BA wiring's pure silver.

Hifiman HM-700. Actually really very good value for money for a small player that supports balance out to the earphones. Comes in 2 packages, either RE400B or RE600B.

KuraDa headphones are made of different kinds of wood. They are decent sounding and not yet complete therefore room for improvement. They're heavy and the size adjustment notches are just a little too loose. I had to hold them up. But aside from that, I think these headphones have potential. Looking forward to them when they're released. They're 53mm drivers and price is expected to be less than $1000.

How the KuraDa looks like on MTTheFirst's head.

Fostex's prototype RP - I think this headphone is on the right track. There's room for improvement naturally and would love to hear it when it's closer to it's final state.

& on MTTheFirst's head.

Meanwhile the HP-V1 has been severely re-vamped. It's chunkier, looks a lot more finished. Very decent sounding amp. Love the bass on this.

VentureCraft's new lightning cable. Basically the same 7N Copper as used in their former 30 pin but now Lightning. The length will be the same as the 30 pin version.

Ultrasone Edition 5's S-Logic EX vs Edition 8's S-Logic Plus

These headphones are surprisingly light

Top to bottom: Edition 7, Edition 9, Edition 10, Edition 8 LE.

My first time seeing the Edition 7

Michael showing the matching design of the headphone stand to the Edition 10 wood inset. (FYI the same with the Edition 8 LE stand & the Edition 8 LE inset).

Venetor-Sound amp

Errr...my bad, I didn't take the name of this exhibitor.

Another model break...this time, not real.

Yes, Head-Fiers really don't smile much.

Audeze LCD-X promo

Clear Audio amp but never got the name of it.

dPS Ear HP4

Oct 29, 2013 at 12:55 PM Post #44 of 96

Yes I saw that. Very nice looking amps.

Here's my photo contribution to this thread (some of which has been posted in the respective product threads) :-

Oppo PM-1

Fostex's prototype RP - I think this headphone is on the right track. There's room for improvement naturally and would love to hear it when it's closer to it's final state.

& on MTTheFirst's head.

you liked these headphones?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back