TIDAL is coming to Astell&Kern players!
Sep 24, 2016 at 2:44 PM Post #31 of 190
Straight from Tidal's website on what companies are currently working with Tidal..and look what it says in the last sentence. Also notice whose name is missing...Your move astell and kern.

TIDAL TIDAL ON YOUR DEVICE GENERAL
Which Home Audio Players/Partner Companies Will TIDAL Be Available On?
TIDAL already has integration agreements made with 35 of the world’s most respected audio brands, including: Anthem, Airable by Tune In Media, Audeze, Audiovector, AudioQuest, Auralic, Aurender, Autonomic, Bel Canto, Bluesound & NAD, Dan D'Agostino, Definitive Technology, Denon HEOS, DTS Play-Fi, Dynaudio, Electrocompaniet, Harman Omni, HiFiAkademie, ickStream, JH Audio, Linn, McIntosh, Meridian, MartinLogan, OPPO, Paradigm, Polk, Pro-ject, PS Audio, Raumfeld, Simple Audio, Sonos, Steinway Lyngdorf, Wren Sound Systems with more to come.

These integrations are ongoing and will be available soon. An updated status will be available here in the help center.

FYI, I do work for one of those companies mentioned in the list and we already have implemented Tidal in our software, and it's out for almost a year now.
Also some others have already done the same. 
So this info is outdated.

Sep 25, 2016 at 12:57 AM Post #32 of 190
What company do you work for? I'm just referring to astell & kern and no other company. But the post is from tidal's website just a few days ago! I also looked extensively on Irivers website no mention of it, having the ability to stream a music service is a major selling point, kinda like the Groover app that they have implemented and they do mention with their latest players. And there is a YouTube video of someone who has a ak 120 and they are playing tidal so that lets me know someone has the technical skill to somehow add it or mod it to the ak's interface. I don't know if it's the same hifi quality, but someone showing an ak 70 or ak300 with tidal doesn't mean astell and kern itself is working on implementing the app! To me it doesn't make sense that with an android iOS that it would take soo long given the fact much cheaper devices such as Google chrome cast which is $35 can stream tidal but a $599 and up players cannot.

Sep 25, 2016 at 1:03 AM Post #33 of 190
Plus the site does say "tidal ALREADY has integration agreements with the following companies". so if your company is one of them as you mentioned I would expect you to have tidal either already as it states or working on it in the future. Here is an accurate statement Astell & kern does not currently have tidal nor have they displayed any evidence of working on adding it in the future either on their website or tidal's website bottom line!

Sep 25, 2016 at 3:09 AM Post #34 of 190
The day TIDAL starts working with AK, is the day I will buy an AK player.

Sep 25, 2016 at 6:50 AM Post #35 of 190

FYI, I do work for one of those companies mentioned in the list and we already have implemented Tidal in our software, and it's out for almost a year now.
Also some others have already done the same. 
So this info is outdated.

It seems like it as their Supported Devices page seem to have more than what was in their Support/FAQ page.

Sep 25, 2016 at 10:25 AM Post #36 of 190
but someone showing an ak 70 or ak300 with tidal doesn't mean astell and kern itself is working on implementing the app!

Bruh.

I understand the scepticism given A&K should've added Tidal integration years ago but Alex An is their Marketing & Sales Manager. He posted a picture of two of their players with Tidal on them. He wrote "coming soon". What else could it possibly mean other than the fact they're working on its implementation.

Other articles related to the news have also popped up such as this one that show a twitter post by their Korean account saying "Tidal, coming soon" and link to the facebook post. How can you possibly think this means anything other than the fact they're bringing it to (some) of their players? How's this anything but evidence of this exact thing? I'm dumbfounded to the point where I'm unsure whether or not I'm actually misunderstanding/misinterpreting your posts, I don't believe there can be any possible way someone can be so adamant in arguing A&K's announcement means nothing and is basically fake advertisement because they're not actually working on implementing the app.

Maybe they just showed that picture for fun and the "coming soon" is a prank but if I see a sign on the road that says "intersection coming up a mile ahead, please slow down" with an intersection sign I'm sure as hell going to be slowing down rather than questioning the morals of the company that put the sign down to try and discern if they're being truthful or not.

Sep 25, 2016 at 12:31 PM Post #37 of 190

Bruh.

I understand the scepticism given A&K should've added Tidal integration years ago but Alex An is their Marketing & Sales Manager. He posted a picture of two of their players with Tidal on them. He wrote "coming soon". What else could it possibly mean other than the fact they're working on its implementation.

Other articles related to the news have also popped up such as this one that show a twitter post by their Korean account saying "Tidal, coming soon" and link to the facebook post. How can you possibly think this means anything other than the fact they're bringing it to (some) of their players? How's this anything but evidence of this exact thing? I'm dumbfounded to the point where I'm unsure whether or not I'm actually misunderstanding/misinterpreting your posts, I don't believe there can be any possible way someone can be so adamant in arguing A&K's announcement means nothing and is basically fake advertisement because they're not actually working on implementing the app.

Maybe they just showed that picture for fun and the "coming soon" is a prank but if I see a sign on the road that says "intersection coming up a mile ahead, please slow down" with an intersection sign I'm sure as hell going to be slowing down rather than questioning the morals of the company that put the sign down to try and discern if they're being truthful or not.

I like your rationale. It's just a matter of time I can finally get my hands on one of those beautiful AK players...

Sep 25, 2016 at 1:48 PM Post #38 of 190
I'll be the first to apologize if they add tidal to their devices. I work in the business world in marketing and sales and companies DO put in rumors about their products and services and false rumors about their competitors. Time will tell, and I will be interested when Jan, February, March 2017 comes around no tidal. They don't even have a proximate date for release! Anyone can say a service is coming and as long as they don't give a date that can be tomorrow or 10 years from now and technology companies also DO work on deadlines so they could give us a approximate date of release! And yes Your actually not misinterpreting my posts however it's making my voice heard and so far I'm disappointed that they have the iOS and no implementation. The sign a mile down analogy I guess is the one I'm dumbfounded on because when I'm driving down the road a sign is a certainty of things to come that I can see in a minute or two. When it comes to technology that can mean never.

Sep 27, 2016 at 2:40 AM Post #39 of 190
What company do you work for? I'm just referring to astell & kern and no other company. But the post is from tidal's website just a few days ago! I also looked extensively on Irivers website no mention of it, having the ability to stream a music service is a major selling point, kinda like the Groover app that they have implemented and they do mention with their latest players. And there is a YouTube video of someone who has a ak 120 and they are playing tidal so that lets me know someone has the technical skill to somehow add it or mod it to the ak's interface. I don't know if it's the same hifi quality, but someone showing an ak 70 or ak300 with tidal doesn't mean astell and kern itself is working on implementing the app! To me it doesn't make sense that with an android iOS that it would take soo long given the fact much cheaper devices such as Google chrome cast which is $35 can stream tidal but a $599 and up players cannot.

I work for Pro-Ject, we have implemented Tidal in our streamers since last year.
You can get Tidal on all Wifi AKs now too, if you use a third party UPnP app that has Tidal implemented. Simply turn on AK Connect on the DAP and send Tidal to it. Have done that quite often already. But it limits you to Wifi, it doesn't work if you set up a hotspot on your phone. at least it didn't work with mine.

Sep 29, 2016 at 2:04 PM Post #40 of 190

I work for Pro-Ject, we have implemented Tidal in our streamers since last year.
You can get Tidal on all Wifi AKs now too, if you use a third party UPnP app that has Tidal implemented. Simply turn on AK Connect on the DAP and send Tidal to it. Have done that quite often already. But it limits you to Wifi, it doesn't work if you set up a hotspot on your phone. at least it didn't work with mine.

That's great to hear! I definitely need offline mode though so I guess I'll wait for the official announcement... whenever that is.

Oct 3, 2016 at 2:18 PM Post #42 of 190
Oct 4, 2016 at 7:50 AM Post #44 of 190
As per Jude's CanJam video at around 16:00 mins in :-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=963&v=6i87LEnC1O8

Tidal has been announced debut at CanJam.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back