Thinksound Rain2 to pour in ears soon: Impressions and Discussions Thread
Jan 4, 2015 at 12:46 AM Post #286 of 350
HouseofDoom. I wish you wouldn't do that on this thread. The Rain2 is not meant to compete with the FX750 or FX850. It would be more valuable for you say what you liked or didn't like about the Rain2 than to advertise your love for the FX750 on this thread. There are other threads for the JVC's great products. The Rain2 is a very good woodie for the price. This thread is about the Rain2 and Thinksound's products. Thank you. 

I sold mine, but I didn't really have anything bad to say about them. They weren't quite what I was looking for, but I ended up selling mine to a fellow head'fier, so I'm sure they can offer a their impressions? They were a fun IEM, with a bit of bass bloat and the highs could get a tad peaky, but overall they were a pretty good woodie for the price.

Jan 4, 2015 at 12:48 AM Post #287 of 350
Oh and the head'fier asked if the FX850 was an upgrade to the Rain 2, and I offered the FX750 as a proper upgrade, which it is.

Jan 4, 2015 at 1:05 AM Post #288 of 350
For the price, it rates right up there with a lot of IEMs.Woodie or not.

The JVC play in a different league and I would only compare them with the Rain2 if they were $80 or less.

Jan 4, 2015 at 1:09 AM Post #289 of 350
For the price, it rates right up there with a lot of IEMs.Woodie or not.

The JVC play in a different league and I would only compare them with the Rain2 if they were $80 or less.

I totally agree with you. They aren't comparable. Just like the S-018 isn't in the same league as the FX850 or FX750, so I didn't even bother including it in my quick comparo. eric mentioned me mentioning the FX750, but that was in response to another person asking a question about a viable upgrade to the Rain 2? Know what I mean?

Jan 4, 2015 at 4:27 AM Post #290 of 350
I totally agree with you. They aren't comparable. Just like the S-018 isn't in the same league as the FX850 or FX750, so I didn't even bother including it in my quick comparo. eric mentioned me mentioning the FX750, but that was in response to another person asking a question about a viable upgrade to the Rain 2? Know what I mean?

beerchug.gif

Jan 6, 2015 at 10:14 PM Post #292 of 350
Had been a week since I received my Rain 2 and enjoying the heck out of it. Nice warm ss with just more than enough amount of sparkle up top for my taste. It has a pretty fast driver for a dynamic driver and speed and note attacks are really awesome. Dynamics is handled nicely and could feel the energy from soft to loud passages. Bass is slightly boosted but still managed to stay not far off the mids which could sometimes seems a tad recessed. The mids and highs seems to have a nice sparkle to them in spite of the warmth from the bass. Detail levels though not the best I've heard, are plentiful and well separated to create a better than average sound stage width and depth. For the promo price I paid, this imo is a great buy for me and do feels that it's still a good buy at full price. Last but not least, no hyping here because I'm really digging the sound it offers. Cheers.

Jan 6, 2015 at 10:26 PM Post #293 of 350
Now I wish I'd have held on to mine, to try with my A15

Jan 7, 2015 at 9:50 PM Post #295 of 350
Had been a week since I received my Rain 2 and enjoying the heck out of it. Nice warm ss with just more than enough amount of sparkle up top for my taste. It has a pretty fast driver for a dynamic driver and speed and note attacks are really awesome. Dynamics is handled nicely and could feel the energy from soft to loud passages. Bass is slightly boosted but still managed to stay not far off the mids which could sometimes seems a tad recessed. The mids and highs seems to have a nice sparkle to them in spite of the warmth from the bass. Detail levels though not the best I've heard, are plentiful and well separated to create a better than average sound stage width and depth. For the promo price I paid, this imo is a great buy for me and do feels that it's still a good buy at full price. Last but not least, no hyping here because I'm really digging the sound it offers. Cheers.

Great assessment. These phones are very warm and relaxing. They would be nice to use sitting by a fire on a cold winter's night.

Jan 7, 2015 at 11:27 PM Post #297 of 350
Great assessment. These phones are very warm and relaxing. They would be nice to use sitting by a fire on a cold winter's night.

No fireplace here.
But it's 6 degrees Fahrenheit outside.  A 20mph wind is howling across the frozen countryside on this wintery January evening.
I'm wrapped in a soft fleece  blanket, gazing out the window on the moonless night, with the Rain2's soothing sounds warming my mind.
Simon and Garfunkel, Dianna Krall, Norah Jones all sounding fine.
I really like these.

Jan 8, 2015 at 12:03 AM Post #298 of 350

No fireplace here.
But it's 6 degrees Fahrenheit outside.  A 20mph wind is howling across the frozen countryside on this wintery January evening.
I'm wrapped in a soft fleece  blanket, gazing out the window on the moonless night, with the Rain2's soothing sounds warming my mind.
Simon and Garfunkel, Dianna Krall, Norah Jones all sounding fine.
I really like these.

Good to know it's warming up to more than I thought there is.

Jan 9, 2015 at 5:38 PM Post #299 of 350
Just listening to this song with the Rain2s using Fiio X1/E11k combo.  Simply outstanding!

Jan 9, 2015 at 6:00 PM Post #300 of 350
I'm listening to Dokken - Back For The Attack (hi rez) on the A15. It kicks serious....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back