Thinksound Rain2 to pour in ears soon: Impressions and Discussions Thread
Dec 22, 2014 at 12:58 PM Post #256 of 350
I am happy to read that many of you are beginning to hear what Dsnuts, DannyBai and I have been hearing with the Rain2. I think this might be Thinksound's fullest sounding earphone with very good clarity. Again, for me it has always been the mids that grab me the most with Thinksound products. Next would be the bass. The Rain2 has become a great quality get-around town earphone for me. It does well with every genre of music and it has great synergy with my X1 DAP. I finally have some significant offtime, so I will be writing more about this product and some others. The On1 and I are about to get reacquainted some more too. Happy listening! 

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays too!

Dec 22, 2014 at 1:49 PM Post #257 of 350
  I am happy to read that many of you are beginning to hear what Dsnuts, DannyBai and I have been hearing with the Rain2. I think this might be Thinksound's fullest sounding earphone with very good clarity. Again, for me it has always been the mids that grab me the most with Thinksound products. Next would be the bass. The Rain2 has become a great quality get-around town earphone for me. It does well with every genre of music and it has great synergy with my X1 DAP. I finally have some significant offtime, so I will be writing more about this product and some others. The On1 and I are about to get reacquainted some more too. Happy listening! 

Looking forward to your future thoughts on the Rain2.  Would also like to know how it stacks up against the Fidue A71.  I'm thinking about getting it in the future.

Dec 22, 2014 at 3:31 PM Post #258 of 350

Merry Christmas,, buddy!
Enjoy your listening time.

Dec 22, 2014 at 4:24 PM Post #259 of 350

Looking forward to your future thoughts on the Rain2.  Would also like to know how it stacks up against the Fidue A71.  I'm thinking about getting it in the future.

Will do, slowpickr 
  Merry Christmas,, buddy!
Enjoy your listening time.

Thank you BGRoberts. Same to you sir! 
beerchug.gif

Dec 22, 2014 at 11:25 PM Post #260 of 350
I find the stock tips comfortable and I believe the very wide bore contributes to the Rain 2's excellent sound stage.  Unfortunately it didn't isolate well on today's plane trip.  It also seems to want more power (volume was very low out of my tablet).  I'm going to use a better source and then decide if they're winners for me or not.

Dec 23, 2014 at 2:04 AM Post #261 of 350
  I find the stock tips comfortable and I believe the very wide bore contributes to the Rain 2's excellent sound stage.  Unfortunately it didn't isolate well on today's plane trip.  It also seems to want more power (volume was very low out of my tablet).  I'm going to use a better source and then decide if they're winners for me or not.

i agree, soundstage is impressive. They are very warm, yet verging on stridently detailed. Needs burn in, but i dont think the sound is for me.

Dec 23, 2014 at 9:38 AM Post #262 of 350
So the Rain 2 has arrived...

Out of the box the sound is very warm... probably too warm for my liking.

After a couple hours of burn-in the drivers settled down quite a bit. Much better clarity and detail from mids to highs.
Bass doesn't seem to sound as bloated as my initial impression but its definitely on the warm side.
The soundstage is quite wide and the overall signature is warm, lush midrange, and surprisingly detailed highs.

Congratulations to those who were able to take advantage of the discount. These are definitely keepers for the price you guys paid.

I will be organising an OZ-NZ tour very soon. It'll most likely start in January once I finish my review for the Rain 2.
Stay tuned for the announcement!

Dec 23, 2014 at 11:16 AM Post #264 of 350
My impression is a warm IEM that's clear, wide stage, with sparkly highs that are a tad peaky. Tip dependent. Source picky. Solid woodie that I place above the S-018 (and that's saying something!!), that I enjoy. It was worth the $45.00.

Dec 26, 2014 at 11:38 PM Post #265 of 350
In case anyone is interested, I put my Rain2s in the classifieds earlier today.  Here is the link:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/747826/fs-or-ft-thinksound-rain2-iems

I'm selling them for the 50% off promo price that I was lucky to get.  If no one expresses interest by Monday, I'll probably just return them to Amazon.

Dec 27, 2014 at 2:32 AM Post #266 of 350
Those of you who bought the Rain2 or On1 off of Amazon, it would probably help a small company like Thinksound if you were to put your thoughts in reviews on the amazon page. Just a suggestion.

Dec 30, 2014 at 6:39 PM Post #269 of 350
Got the Rain2 and the On1. The Rain2 sounds pretty good and I have always liked the On1. Reviews coming shortly.

beerchug.gif
  Congrats!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back