Thinksound Rain2 to pour in ears soon: Impressions and Discussions Thread
Feb 6, 2015 at 9:01 AM Post #331 of 350
Hey guys,
Finally got my Rain2 review done. I don't like its excessive warmth, but otherwise, wow. These things are pretty good.
http://db-headphones.blogspot.com/2015/02/thinksound-rain-2.html

The link above is an external link, I'm still uploading the pictures to Head-Fi, so it might take a while before it's set up here.

Feb 26, 2015 at 3:44 AM Post #335 of 350

Alright, I will try out the ms01 and will post some impressions

Your rain2 review sort of bummed me out on the "overemphasised base in games"

Note the bass may not be overemphasized to your ears, but if I were me, as a competitive player, I would very much stay away from the Rain 2. They're definitely not suited for that purpose.

Feb 26, 2015 at 3:54 AM Post #337 of 350

Note the bass may not be overemphasized to your ears, but if I were me, as a competitive player, I would very much stay away from the Rain 2. They're definitely not suited for that purpose.

I'm more used to "gr07 bass level" after listening to it for a while

Haven't heard the GR07, but AFAIK they're pretty balanced going form impressions. The Rain 2 is nothing like that. That is, unless you're talking about the GR07BE.

Mar 8, 2015 at 5:05 PM Post #341 of 350
You might have to do a lot of tip rolling but if you find the right tips (and none that were included worked for me) you might be surprised at the very full, detailed sound signature these earphones provide.  I'm currently using Heir audio tips (which also have a wide bore like the originals) and over time I've become more and more impressed with these earphones I initially thought would wind up in a drawer along with so many others.  Definitely worth the asking price if you're patient and experimental about the fit.

Mar 15, 2015 at 11:35 PM Post #342 of 350
Apr 10, 2015 at 10:48 PM Post #343 of 350
Apr 27, 2015 at 9:15 PM Post #344 of 350
Apr 27, 2015 at 9:24 PM Post #345 of 350
Have to post about both the Thinksound headphones I have, the Rain 2, which I carry in my pocket, pull out often, and really like. And, the On1 I just pulled out after not getting to them for a while, and paired them with my Pono, which is my current go to dap. Well, the Pono and the On1 are a match made in Heaven! Talking serious synergy here! Have to try the Rain2 with the Pono, guessing it will do just as well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back