There's Something About Ultrasone…
Aug 21, 2007 at 11:44 AM Post #4,366 of 5,940

Contrastique

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Jan 10, 2007
Posts
3,577
Likes
10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sovkiller /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do you really believe for example that B&H or J&R in NYC, just as an example, will sell less because the Arab, or the Chinese, or the Korean, with an small store in the corner, have a better price for a body than them (and they do) but can they afford to give the same warranties, and services...that is BS, Indra... people knows where the quality and where the warranty is, there is no way to hide that...


Not everybody cares about service and warranty but about the money the leave behind on the counter. Until someting goes wrong with their product or they find out that if they want to know something and can't get decent info from their cheaper vendor.
But I do have to add that because of the costumers that do care about such things we still excist and Mediamarkt has significantly shrunk their camera-stock in the last half a year. They mostly sell older products now for cheap. Though a couple of times a year they offer new models without VAT, wich means almost 19% off.
And yeah, I know life and market is not fair. When it's about money, principles are being thrown aside and it's each to its own to gain as much as there's to grab. That's "fine", I just hope we will not die because of that.

But anyways, the discussion has taken a direction for the worse. It is not my intention that NSL lowers their prices. That would mean no advantage for the people in the US and Europe. It just started because of the high price Hans carries compared to the some of the vendors in the US and it got too carried away.
 
Aug 21, 2007 at 10:53 PM Post #4,367 of 5,940

slwiser

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Jun 23, 2001
Posts
6,317
Likes
24
Don't let anyone says the UE9 and tubes don't match.

My UE9 loves my microZOTL that I just got this afternoon from SK138. I had been using the AT-HA5000 which is solid state.

Soundstage just went bigger if you can believe it..even more emotional content in my music as well.
 
Aug 22, 2007 at 12:03 AM Post #4,368 of 5,940

jpelg

Needs a regular fix of 'Fi
'06 Nat Meet Co-Coordinator
Joined
Jan 19, 2002
Posts
8,675
Likes
26
Location
The Elm City
Congrats on the Microzotl! It's especially responsive to tube rolling. It sounds great if you match the tubes to the headphone.
 
Aug 22, 2007 at 12:17 AM Post #4,369 of 5,940

tyrion

Can Jam '08 Lead Organizer
Joined
Dec 25, 2003
Posts
10,904
Likes
34
The Micro ZOTL is a cool amp. Enjoy it. I've been using my ED9s with a Woo Audio WA5 and really enjoying it. I haven't heard them out any other tube amp but out of this one they are great. I think I have about 100 hours on mine at the moment. A huge improvement from when I first put them on. Not sure if it's burn in or that I've just gotten used to the sound.
 
Aug 22, 2007 at 12:29 AM Post #4,370 of 5,940

slwiser

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Jun 23, 2001
Posts
6,317
Likes
24
Quote:

Originally Posted by jpelg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Congrats on the Microzotl! It's especially responsive to tube rolling. It sounds great if you match the tubes to the headphone.


Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Micro ZOTL is a cool amp. Enjoy it. I've been using my ED9s with a Woo Audio WA5 and really enjoying it. I haven't heard them out any other tube amp but out of this one they are great. I think I have about 100 hours on mine at the moment. A huge improvement from when I first put them on. Not sure if it's burn in or that I've just gotten used to the sound.


I planned on having another tube amp but this one came along after ordering the other one about 5 weeks ago. I will probably get this other one in about another four weeks, the Yamamoto HA-02.

I will have a little shoot-out of amps after everything settles down for me but it probably will a month or two before I get around to it.

Three amps AT-HA5000, microZOTL and the Yamamoto HA-02. Maybe I will leave out the HA5000 since it is Solid State. It is very good itself. Oh yea, the Xin Reference will be in there as well.
 
Aug 22, 2007 at 12:37 AM Post #4,371 of 5,940

tyrion

Can Jam '08 Lead Organizer
Joined
Dec 25, 2003
Posts
10,904
Likes
34
Quote:

Originally Posted by slwiser /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I planned on having another tube amp but this one came along after ordering the other one about 5 weeks ago. I will probably get this other one in about another four weeks, the Yamamoto HA-02.

I will have a little shoot-out of amps after everything settles down for me but it probably will a month or two before I get around to it.

Three amps AT-HA5000, microZOTL and the Yamamoto HA-02. Maybe I will leave out the HA5000 since it is Solid State. It is very good itself. Oh yea, the Xin Reference will be in there as well.



If you need help with tube rolling the ZOTL, search for an old thread that Hirsch started. He has a lot of great info on tubes in that thread.
 
Aug 22, 2007 at 12:57 AM Post #4,372 of 5,940

Sovkiller

Proved that despite its huge size the CD3000 can be shoved down one's throat.
Joined
Jul 31, 2002
Posts
12,902
Likes
26
IIRC from the past experience with the CD3K, the ZOLT does not have the classic "tube sound" as many other tube amps does, it is indeed a very peculiar case of a tube amp, in a very peculiar configuration...

BTW you can use the Edition even out of the jack of a portable, I have used mine out of the 570, and from my D33/34, and in the three cases it sounded superb....now while you drop an amp in the play it sounds far better...IMO the same happen with the ED9 and tubes, use a good SS high current amp, and IMO it will beat any tube amp I have tried them out, including some 10K amps...but that is just my personal preference as well, I like the fast clean sound of the SS amps....
biggrin.gif


Of course out of the RP1000 it sounded also fabulous, but which headphone does not???
evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif
 
Aug 22, 2007 at 8:28 AM Post #4,374 of 5,940

ldj325

500+ Head-Fier
Joined
Oct 24, 2006
Posts
839
Likes
10
Ultrasone Edition 9, 7, and balanced Edition 9 or 7 owners,

There is a headcount going on at this thread to see how many Edition owners there are on Head-fi. You might want to cruise over there and put your "name" in if you own one of these.

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showth...hlight=Edition
 
Aug 22, 2007 at 12:30 PM Post #4,375 of 5,940

hawat

500+ Head-Fier
Joined
Apr 23, 2005
Posts
785
Likes
10
Anyone know how solid is the edition 9 to the proline 2500?
I ve bought a proline 2500 about 5 months ago and now the blue part of the headband is completely destroyed.
This is my first headphone to break like that. I never sat on it or made it fall from table.
Luckily I can still use it since there is a metal band under the blue plastic, but I m going to think twice before buying an edition 9 if the headband can break this easily.
 
Aug 22, 2007 at 12:33 PM Post #4,376 of 5,940

stevenkelby

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Posts
2,402
Likes
13
Quote:

Originally Posted by hawat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone know how solid is the edition 9 to the proline 2500?
I ve bought a proline 2500 about 5 months ago and now the blue part of the headband is completely destroyed.
This is my first headphone to break like that. I never sat on it or made it fall from table.
Luckily I can still use it since there is a metal band under the blue plastic, but I m going to think twice before buying an edition 9 if the headband can break this easily.




This has been discussed loads, I think there was a whole thread just on that. Maybe search for Proline build quality or something. Anyway, I'll jump in and say that the ED9 is far better built than other Ultrasones. The headband looks the same but is made from different materials and doesn't creak in my hands like the 750 and 2500 I tried did. Much more durable.
 
Aug 22, 2007 at 12:52 PM Post #4,377 of 5,940

Sovkiller

Proved that despite its huge size the CD3000 can be shoved down one's throat.
Joined
Jul 31, 2002
Posts
12,902
Likes
26
Quote:

Originally Posted by hawat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone know how solid is the edition 9 to the proline 2500?
I ve bought a proline 2500 about 5 months ago and now the blue part of the headband is completely destroyed.
This is my first headphone to break like that. I never sat on it or made it fall from table.
Luckily I can still use it since there is a metal band under the blue plastic, but I m going to think twice before buying an edition 9 if the headband can break this easily.



The early PROLines were prone to that, the headband was redesigned and the new was improved, send it to Ultrasone they will replace it for free...definitelly the new headband is really sturdy, it is made of a different material...

The Edition 9 is a different story though...the headband is better...
 
Aug 23, 2007 at 2:13 AM Post #4,378 of 5,940

Dan Millheim

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Sep 7, 2006
Posts
278
Likes
12
Hello All,

Today I asked around with several companies here in the US when they anticipated ED9 orders from Germany,many had no clue. One company actually put me on hold and called Ultrasone US and they said their shipments would arrive from Germany Sept. 14.The sales rep from this company said "It's really crazy how these things are selling so fast when they are so expensive"...I guess he never heard of Headfi, ha. I also contacted Ultrasone US and they said Amazon still had some in stock but they were selling fast (and at full retail). I prepaid through RMC audio as they offered the best price. FYI: Even though they do not advertise this, RMC accepts paypal if you contact them. The wait continues...
 
Aug 23, 2007 at 3:23 AM Post #4,379 of 5,940

fishski13

Member of the Trade: SolderWorksAudio
Joined
Nov 2, 2004
Posts
1,908
Likes
40
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan Millheim /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello All,

Today I asked around with several companies here in the US when they anticipated ED9 orders from Germany,many had no clue. One company actually put me on hold and called Ultrasone US and they said their shipments would arrive from Germany Sept. 14.The sales rep from this company said "It's really crazy how these things are selling so fast when they are so expensive"...I guess he never heard of Headfi, ha. I also contacted Ultrasone US and they said Amazon still had some in stock but they were selling fast (and at full retail). I prepaid through RMC audio as they offered the best price. FYI: Even though they do not advertise this, RMC accepts paypal if you contact them. The wait continues...



i'm sure the recent positive review in Stereophile by John Marks had something to do with it. He also reviewed the PL2500 and a Rudistor amp.

PACE
 
Aug 23, 2007 at 3:48 AM Post #4,380 of 5,940

Sovkiller

Proved that despite its huge size the CD3000 can be shoved down one's throat.
Joined
Jul 31, 2002
Posts
12,902
Likes
26
Quote:

Originally Posted by fishski13 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i'm sure the recent positive review in Stereophile by John Marks had something to do with it. He also reviewed the PL2500 and a Rudistor amp.

PACE




What???? Please do not underestimate the power of headfi, eh? How about this thread to begin with???

This review is IMVPO (which nobody had to agree with BTW) non very inspiring at all, and the information given there is IMO really poor, and using the same waffle we can read about any heapdhone in any place, just replace the name of Editon 9 by any other, and you will see that besides the particular specs, and S-logic reference, the same verbiage could be used to describe any other sound of any other headphone, and could be applied to any model/manufacturer the same way. IMO and definitelly one of the worst I have read published in one specialized magazine of the caliber of Stereophile, in honor of the truth, just compare it to any of markl's reviews, about any gear, just to mention one of the many we have here, and you will see the difference...
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top