The WS99/WS77 PG 57..
Apr 3, 2013 at 1:30 AM Post #556 of 1,799
Quote:
How much are they?

Go get them from nothingbutsoftware, i purchased them yesterday morning and got them this afternoon. O.O

http://www.head-fi.org/t/650449/the-new-ws99-at-fan-thread/525

On my post there is a link to the website and a 5% off coupon making these ~$182 shipped, no tax.

Quote:
They can be bought for around $190-$210 depending on where you buy them from.. Which is a great deal for the sound these have.

I will be neck deep in books but will keep tabs on the train here. I know the thread is in very capable hands.

Go destroy them books Ds, or...........................

............ good to take a breather from time to time meng.
ksc75smile.gif

Apr 3, 2013 at 2:45 AM Post #557 of 1,799
Holy CRAP!!! These things got here FAST!!! Literally less than 1 day. :blink:

!st impressions is WOW these are supposed to be "BASS" cans. Hot damn they sound well balanced!!! Nice extended treble w/o harshness/ sibilance with mids that just wraps around you and eats you up, combined with deep textured lows that makes you want mo'. These things are HOTNESS. And i didn't even burn them in yet, now i know how WAYNE felt when he 1st got them, they need burn-in??? LoL

Those are pretty damn sexy right there! Did you choose next day air to get them that fast!?! I'm so used to only paying $3.99 for next day... $25 just hurts

Apr 3, 2013 at 2:55 AM Post #558 of 1,799
Quote:
Those are pretty damn sexy right there! Did you choose next day air to get them that fast!?! I'm so used to only paying $3.99 for next day... $25 just hurts

Nope it was free shipping and no taxes, i expected them to be here by the end of the week tbh. So was really surprised i got them today. LoL CRAZY!!!

Apr 3, 2013 at 3:26 AM Post #559 of 1,799

Nope it was free shipping and no taxes, i expected them to be here by the end of the week tbh. So was really surprised i got them today. LoL CRAZY!!!

(coughs and spits water out of his mouth) WHAT!!! annnnnnnd Sold!!

Ssh... You had me at, "less than a day"

Thanks,

Andre

Apr 3, 2013 at 1:39 PM Post #562 of 1,799
Quote:
Just jumped on the Choo-Choo.

Dsnuts is gonna drive me bankrupt :wink:

Yes. The combo of dsnuts and ATH definitely has impacted my bank account lately. But my ears are pretty happy
biggrin.gif
. I absolutely love both the WS99's and the AD900X's.

Apr 3, 2013 at 5:30 PM Post #564 of 1,799
Quote:
Still waiting for Ds comparison between ES10 and WS99 to make my decision ... ES10's price has dropped to ~25000Y on Amazon, starts to be an interesting offer.

Maxx134 has both and has done some comparisons in this thread. He might be able to provide you with more impressions. I've also been waiting on his final verdict :)

Apr 3, 2013 at 6:08 PM Post #565 of 1,799
Maxx134 has both and has done some comparisons in this thread. He might be able to provide you with more impressions. I've also been waiting on his final verdict :)

Great :3
I gave a listen to ES10 in the only AT store in Paris. Immediatly fell in love with its sound. But less with the 530€ pricetag ... :/
However WS99 isnt available on Europe still so cant give a listen , that's a shame .. Seems to fit my needs tough, i listen mostly to House/Techno music, with heavy and fast kicks.

Apr 3, 2013 at 6:15 PM Post #566 of 1,799
Quote:
Great :3
I gave a listen to ES10 in the only AT store in Paris. Immediatly fell in love with its sound. But less with the 530€ pricetag ... :/
However WS99 isnt available on Europe still so cant give a listen , that's a shame .. Seems to fit my needs tough, i listen mostly to House/Techno music, with heavy and fast kicks.

If you don't mind, could you provide me a link to a few good House/Techno songs? I prefer soundcloud because the bitrate is usually pretty high, but any links will do. Thanks!

Apr 3, 2013 at 7:49 PM Post #567 of 1,799
Of course mate.

Found some HD tracks on Youtube, as most of them are previews on Soundcloud.

Head High - Rave (Dirt mix) : classic techno track, with heavy kicks. A joy to listen ! (320kbps here)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vfOedkrWL4

DVS1 - Evolve : a bit more metallic sounding
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cguAMLEJIQE

Floorplan - Confess : nice house track, with fast drums kicks
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2qaDZLkWXM

WAX - 50005A : Dub techno, more on the chilly side 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKO9yJgQn6o

Joy Orbison - Mercy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tAmoMIhKK0

Last but not least : 
Samuli Kemppi - Escape (i love it, however SQ on youtube is a bit crappy on this one)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoC5McQSxCg

Enjoy!

Apr 3, 2013 at 7:51 PM Post #568 of 1,799
In case you missed it...

They are two different sonic signatures, so preference is key on wich to pick...

Get the es700 if you liked the es10 as is has similar signature yet not as grand.
Although the S700 still larger than most other on ear cans.

Get the ws99 if you want more lower mids in the sig and different type of bass... a "solid bass".

Personally I am still amazed by the es10 mids,
That are sweet like the highs, instrument separation and details are high.

But they seem missing the weight of the mids that the ws99 has,
wich solidifies the instruments in their respective space...
hmm.
More burn in necessary. ..

I guess it's a matter of preference as es10 sound brighter in the mids than the ws99..

And I don't doubt a single word of that. I replaced a DT880 (600 Ohm!) with the ES10, and I never even bothered looking back.

Apr 3, 2013 at 8:04 PM Post #569 of 1,799
Thanks Bill. 

Looks like it's going to be WS99 for me, but I'd have liked to give a try first..!

An add to my previous post : this is one of the best live techno set I've ever heard. I could use some of the WS99's "Solid Bass" on this :D
Try it in 1080p, it sounds rather nice for a live record. enjoy

Apr 3, 2013 at 11:47 PM Post #570 of 1,799
Still waiting for Ds comparison between ES10 and WS99 to make my decision ... ES10's price has dropped to ~25000Y on Amazon, starts to be an interesting offer.
The problem is that neither are burned in properly except my es700.
I have the es10 not only with new drivers but with a cable upgrade and new esw9 lambskin pads.
In that state it should be a killer. .

The second problem is that the es10 keeps changing sound on me.
Notably the bass more than anything. Tighter and more detailed..amazing. . But only at less than 30 hours burn.
I need to setup a burn station lol.

NOW onto the ws99. ..
These are changing in that the mids are getting deeper and deeper. .
This thing is getting BIGGER. .. :O
Dynamic range is high and percussion can hit amazingly hard with certain music.
So, at only mmaybe 60hrs am not close to burning them in yet!

They are both increasing and I doubt I will find any portable that can beat this dynamic duo...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back