The WS99/WS77 PG 57..
Apr 4, 2013 at 1:01 AM Post #571 of 1,799
Those are pretty damn sexy right there! Did you choose next day air to get them that fast!?! I'm so used to only paying $3.99 for next day... $25 just hurts

Nope it was free shipping and no taxes, i expected them to be here by the end of the week tbh. So was really surprised i got them today. LoL CRAZY!!!

Doesn't look like I'm going to be as lucky as you guys. I ordered them last around midnight and they haven't updated my order to show that they've shipped :frown:

Hopefully I'll get them soon, have to send my HD650's (i just bought a week ago mind you) in for service, just sold my a900x AND HE-400's, and I've mentally moved one from my D5000's and are preparing to either sell or MarkL them so I don't have much left to play with except my Porta Pro's and JVC S500's.

Feeling kinda empty right now :confused:

Well hopefully they ship them out soon and my 650's get fixed so I can feel a little better and things will be back to normal.

Thanks,

:evil:

Apr 4, 2013 at 1:18 AM Post #572 of 1,799
Quote:
Doesn't look like I'm going to be as lucky as you guys. I ordered them last around midnight and they haven't updated my order to show that they've shipped
frown.gif

Hopefully I'll get them soon, have to send my HD650's (i just bought a week ago mind you) in for service, just sold my a900x AND HE-400's, and I've mentally moved one from my D5000's and are preparing to either sell or MarkL them so I don't have much left to play with except my Porta Pro's and JVC S500's.

Feeling kinda empty right now
confused.gif

Well hopefully they ship them out soon and my 650's get fixed so I can feel a little better and things will be back to normal.

Thanks,

evil_smiley.gif

LoL like i said i expected them to be here by the end of the week the earliest, but was too surprised to see them arrive the next day. I ordered my JVC FX40s from these guys before and it took like couple of days, i am assuming their warehouse of these WS99 is really close to where i live so......... YMMV

Apr 4, 2013 at 1:25 AM Post #573 of 1,799
Quote:
Thanks Bill. 

Looks like it's going to be WS99 for me, but I'd have liked to give a try first..!

An add to my previous post : this is one of the best live techno set I've ever heard. I could use some of the WS99's "Solid Bass" on this :D
Try it in 1080p, it sounds rather nice for a live record. enjoy

Be careful what you wish for...

Wow - rather intense stuff! I don't think that many phones could handle that bass without actually blowing your head off. But the 99's indeed can
biggrin.gif

Btw, found it on soundcloud as well (it can also be downloaded).

Edit: I made it through that track, and it really is quite the sonic beast of an adventure!

Apr 4, 2013 at 12:43 PM Post #574 of 1,799
Awesome.. I'm always up for a good Boiler Room set, and right now it's making these WS99s SING.

I'm wondering if anyone has had an opportunity to try some different amps with these and hear how they pair. Specifically i was wondering about the C&C BH and the FiiO e17. I'm noticing that I'm losing quite a bit of width to the sound stage when I pair the WS99 with my SoundMagic A10, and the only other headphone "amp" I have is the Digizoid ZO2.3 which is kind of a joke if you want clean sound.

Waynes? you said that you were getting a C&C BH soon, had a chance to audition it yet with these?

Apr 4, 2013 at 2:39 PM Post #575 of 1,799
Quote:
Awesome.. I'm always up for a good Boiler Room set, and right now it's making these WS99s SING.

I'm wondering if anyone has had an opportunity to try some different amps with these and hear how they pair. Specifically i was wondering about the C&C BH and the FiiO e17. I'm noticing that I'm losing quite a bit of width to the sound stage when I pair the WS99 with my SoundMagic A10, and the only other headphone "amp" I have is the Digizoid ZO2.3 which is kind of a joke if you want clean sound.

Waynes? you said that you were getting a C&C BH soon, had a chance to audition it yet with these?

If I don't get that C&C BH today, I'm gonna lose it lol! Once I get it, I'll compare it and the E11 and E12 with the 99's for sure.

Apr 4, 2013 at 4:19 PM Post #577 of 1,799
Doesn't look like I'm going to be as lucky as you guys. I ordered them last around midnight and they haven't updated my order to show that they've shipped :frowning2:

Feeling kinda empty right now :confused:

Thanks,

LoL like i said i expected them to be here by the end of the week the earliest, but was too surprised to see them arrive the next day. I ordered my JVC FX40s from these guys before and it took like couple of days, i am assuming their warehouse of these WS99 is really close to where i live so......... YMMV

Ok, so maybe I should have waited a few hours.

35 hours 28 min...

From the time I placed my order to when they showed up at my door with the free shipping and zero tax. I will be buying from this site and recommending it others with zero hesitation.

Wow, just wow.

Now for the headphones themselves, they are beautiful and super comfy and have A TON of more detail than I was expecting, but so far I'm kind of confused and slightly disappointed about the bass. Is it super impact-full, yes, but where is the sub bass?? As of now before any type of burn in I get better sub bass from my s500 JVC's?!? The clarity and detail of these are amazing, but thats it, these seem more neutral to "me" than they do bass heavy. Sound separation, detail, great clarity, comfort, you name it the ws99 have it... Except for sub bass. I'm going to continue to mess around with these for a little bit and see what happens.

Still overall, they are amazing so far, just had different expectation on what the bass was going to be like

Thanks

Apr 4, 2013 at 5:54 PM Post #578 of 1,799
Quote:
Now for the headphones themselves, they are beautiful and super comfy and have A TON of more detail than I was expecting, but so far I'm kind of confused and slightly disappointed about the bass. Is it super impact-full, yes, but where is the sub bass?? As of now before any type of burn in I get better sub bass from my s500 JVC's?!? The clarity and detail of these are amazing, but thats it, these seem more neutral to "me" than they do bass heavy. Sound separation, detail, great clarity, comfort, you name it the ws99 have it... Except for sub bass. I'm going to continue to mess around with these for a little bit and see what happens.

Still overall, they are amazing so far, just had different expectation on what the bass was going to be like

The S500's bass has more punch - it's a kick ass aggressive bass. I won't say it's "boomy", because I have heard boomy (px100ii's come to mind), and the S500's bass isn't like that. But it definitely has a big punch. Is that "sub-bass"? To be honest, I'm not really sure. But whatever it is, it has a lot of impact... so much so that my earsdrums start getting fatigued after a while (but that might just be me being a geezer lol).

What I find about the WS99's bass is that it is never boomy, and it seems to extend deeper, is very detailed, and never seems to muddy up the mids. It seems very powerful without being fatiguing or messing up anything else. I personally like it more simply because my earsdrums never feel like they are going to explode, and yet I still feel immersed in a very high quality visceral bass.

Having said this, I could see people who like a lot of bass impact, preferring the S500's kick ass aggressive bass.

Apr 4, 2013 at 7:09 PM Post #580 of 1,799
If you want to test sub bass... just listen to Three Six Mafia - Late Night Tip ...

Apr 4, 2013 at 7:15 PM Post #581 of 1,799
Ok to clarify:
The ws99 bass is realistic, dynamic, and proportionate.
That means balanced.
Whole soundstage is immense and large in pperception, not just loudness.
A trait open cans have.
Side note:
Today is the first day on my burning progress that I realized that es700 trait came out..
I was fooled multiple times today into thinking I was hearing sounds outside the headphones. :)

Sub bass comes out more realistically when its actually there, & not artificially exaggerated like most other cans are guilty of.

The s500 does have sub bass in spades but without pad mod the sound is slightly muddied and congested in stock form, compared to the ws99.

I do believe the mods would help greatly but overall we are talking a whole higher level of sonic quality can, in the league of es10 and so it is just unfair to compare. .

My s500 are brand new, and very Impressive bass and detail out the box,
But that was the main thing they had going, in stock unburned form.
I have bigger fish to fry so I put them away.

On that note I need to setup a burning station again.
I was burning my es10 and..
I killed my old PPC phone using it as a all in one player and amp. lol I should have amped it.

Edit:
I use a Galaxy Note 2 on the go and have the O2 amp and HUF-mx2 connected to laptop at home..

Apr 4, 2013 at 7:22 PM Post #582 of 1,799
Quote:
Quote:

The S500's bass has more punch - it's a kick ass aggressive bass. I won't say it's "boomy", because I have heard boomy (px100ii's come to mind), and the S500's bass isn't like that. But it definitely has a big punch. Is that "sub-bass"? To be honest, I'm not really sure. But whatever it is, it has a lot of impact... so much so that my earsdrums start getting fatigued after a while (but that might just be me being a geezer lol).

What I find about the WS99's bass is that it is never boomy, and it seems to extend deeper, is very detailed, and never seems to muddy up the mids. It seems very powerful without being fatiguing or messing up anything else. I personally like it more simply because my earsdrums never feel like they are going to explode, and yet I still feel immersed in a very high quality visceral bass.

Having said this, I could see people who like a lot of bass impact, preferring the S500's kick ass aggressive bass.

Could not agree with you more. Very well said. The bass from WS99's is never out of place regardless of source or volume it's always exactly where it's supposed to be. It was strange, I've never heard anything quite like that before. Typically volume goes up and something typically stands out above everything else but not with these. The WS99's may not be for me but one thing is certain, for $199 and under you won't find to many headphones that are better.

Thanks,

Apr 4, 2013 at 7:55 PM Post #583 of 1,799
^
@Demon

Congrats!!! The sub bass is there when called for, and it's in good quality and quantity as well. You'll soon find them.The bass in these cans are punchy/ impactful/ fast, yet it is not overly aggressive where it affects the rest of the sonic spectrum. They are a indeed a true audiophile bass can cuz it sounds so balanced and effortless with its presentation just makes them too seductive and engaging.
L3000.gif

@ Danny

hope you're feeling better meng!!! Good to see ya' posting again.

@WAYNE

get outta' here with all your nonsense.
ksc75smile.gif

@ Maxx

Man you're on FYRE these days. Good stuff, think i agree with everything you have said so far. LoL
beerchug.gif

Apr 4, 2013 at 8:09 PM Post #584 of 1,799
Ok to clarify:
The ws99 bass is realistic, dynamic, and proportionate.
That means balanced.
Whole soundstage is immense and large in pperception, not just loudness.
A trait open cans have.
Side note:
Today is the first day on my burning progress that I realized that es700 trait came out..
I was fooled multiple times today into thinking I was hearing sounds outside the headphones. :)

Sub bass comes out more realistically when its actually there, & not artificially exaggerated like most other cans are guilty of.

The s500 does have sub bass in spades but without pad mod the sound is slightly muddied and congested in stock form, compared to the ws99.

I do believe the mods would help greatly but overall we are talking a whole higher level of sonic quality can, in the league of es10 and so it is just unfair to compare. .

My s500 are brand new, and very Impressive bass and detail out the box,
But that was the main thing they had going, in stock unburned form.
I have bigger fish to fry so I put them away.

On that note I need to setup a burning station again.
I was burning my es10 and..
I killed my old PPC phone using it as a all in one player and amp. lol I should have amped it.

Edit:
I use a Galaxy Note 2 on the go and have the O2 amp and HUF-mx2 connected to laptop at home..

More great points, you guys are good

What pads did you put on the s500's and did you notice any real change?? The s500's are my "holy crap" cans that I like to show my friends. I tell them how much I paid from them and they always say "Holy crap" For the money there IS none better than the s500's

For example: At 1:08 Prepare yourself :D

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

I have to agree, I still moved on rather quickly to bigger and better things but they'll always have a place in the rotation.

Thanks,

Apr 4, 2013 at 8:37 PM Post #585 of 1,799

Users who are viewing this thread

Back