The WS99/WS77 PG 57..
Apr 2, 2013 at 12:49 AM Post #543 of 1,799
Quote:
sfwalcer,

the joke is on you my friend..because we have the WS99 and you dont. :)

Quote:
I was thinking the same thing lol

^
.................................. i know.  T_T

Why ya'll gotta hit where it hurts the most!!! You'll are TRULY EVIL!!!

...... i said i come in peace. :  (

Apr 2, 2013 at 1:35 AM Post #544 of 1,799
Quote:
anyone here have the HM5 pads? if so could you check to see if they would work on the ws99 with a pad on pad or on their own?

I remember reading a post of Dsnuts and he said that the sound wasn't very good with the HM5 pads.

Apr 2, 2013 at 1:37 AM Post #545 of 1,799
Quote:
anyone here have the HM5 pads? if so could you check to see if they would work on the ws99 with a pad on pad or on their own?

Yup, they fit, and are very comfy! The sound is looser than with the stock pads, and with some resonance, but you might not mind it. Might be worth a shot!

Apr 2, 2013 at 1:39 AM Post #546 of 1,799
Quote:
I remember reading a post of Dsnuts and he said that the sound wasn't very good with the HM5 pads.

The sound definitely is not optimized with them, that's for sure.

Apr 2, 2013 at 1:52 AM Post #547 of 1,799
^ Has anyone ever considered doing a duel detachable cable mod for these ATH WS99s??? Would be crazy if someone did it. Something like these HE-400s.  O.O

edit: the re-cable job would probably cost more than these cans. haha
triportsad.gif

or this.........

Apr 2, 2013 at 10:02 PM Post #549 of 1,799
Holy CRAP!!! These things got here FAST!!! Literally less than 1 day.
blink.gif

!st impressions is WOW these are supposed to be "BASS" cans. Hot damn they sound well balanced!!! Nice extended treble w/o harshness/ sibilance with mids that just wraps around you and eats you up, combined with deep textured lows that makes you want mo'. These things are HOTNESS. And i didn't even burn them in yet, now i know how WAYNE felt when he 1st got them, they need burn-in??? LoL

Apr 2, 2013 at 10:21 PM Post #550 of 1,799
Quote:
Holy CRAP!!! These things got here FAST!!! Literally less than 1 day.
blink.gif

What??? That picture you sent me made them look like something else. Way cool! So, you April fool's joke comes to fruition lol!

Quote:

!st impressions is WOW these are supposed to be "BASS" cans. Hot damn they sound well balanced!!! Nice extended treble w/o harshness/ sibilance with mids that just wraps around you and eats you up, combined with deep textured lows that makes you want mo'. These things are HOTNESS. And i didn't even burn them in yet, now i know how WAYNE felt when he 1st got them, they need burn-in??? LoL

Right on. Enjoy my friend!

Apr 2, 2013 at 10:29 PM Post #551 of 1,799
Quote:

What??? That picture you sent me made them look like something else. Way cool! So, you April fool's joke comes to fruition lol!

Right on. Enjoy my friend!

They are smaller than i thought and is really light. Really comfy as well, the pads get a bit warm after some time but don't have any comfort issues with them. The pads are deep enough for me since my ears are medium size only so.......................... can't wait to burn these bad bois in and see how they will truly shine. HYPED!!!

The headband pad could be a bit more plush and thick since i can feel the metal band through it, which means there is not much padding.

Apr 3, 2013 at 12:55 AM Post #552 of 1,799
Aha sf gets in on some AT action!. He couldn't resist. Glad these are catching on with you fellas. I am certain they will only pick up steam in popularity.. I mean you guys have them. You tell me.

That sound.. What not to like.

I only wish I can go to medical school with my WS99 pumping some Armin Van Burren. Lol. I am gonna come up with a medical term for WS99itus or the lack there of. Cuz that is what I'm suffering from..

Apr 3, 2013 at 1:15 AM Post #554 of 1,799
Quote:
Aha sf gets in on some AT action!. He couldn't resist. Glad these are catching on with you fellas. I am certain they will only pick up steam in popularity.. I mean you guys have them. You tell me.

That sound.. What not to like.

I only wish I can go to medical school with my WS99 pumping some Armin Van Burren. Lol. I am gonna come up with a medical term for WS99itus or the lack there of. Cuz that is what I'm suffering from..

It's only a matter of time before this WS99s hype train really blows up since they are now available here in the states and maybe soon worldwide??? These are fantastic cans for sure, cuz the entire sonic spectrum is really forward without one bleeding into another. Despite these are labeled as "BASS" cans it's not dark whatsoever since the tight textured bass matches perfectly well with the sparkly mids as well as the nice extended, yet non harsh highs. Such a great cohesive and balanced sound, despite the lows still being emphasized. 
beerchug.gif

RESISTANCE IS INDEED FUTILE!!!

Apr 3, 2013 at 1:22 AM Post #555 of 1,799
Quote:
How much are they?

They can be bought for around $190-$210 depending on where you buy them from.. Which is a great deal for the sound these have.
Quote:
It's only a matter of time before this WS99s hype train really blows up since they are now available here in the states and maybe soon worldwide??? These are fantastic cans for sure, cuz the entire sonic spectrum is really forward without one bleeding into another. Despite these are labeled as "BASS" cans it's not dark whatsoever since the tight textured bass matches perfectly well with the sparkly mids as well as the nice extended, yet non harsh highs. Such a great cohesive and balanced sound, despite the lows still being emphasized. 
beerchug.gif

RESISTANCE IS INDEED FUTILE!!!

I will be neck deep in books but will keep tabs on the train here. I know the thread is in very capable hands.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back