The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
May 24, 2024 at 12:03 PM Post #89,911 of 91,358
Actually they sound different and fit slightly different too. I much preferred the Mk3.

What IEM cable is that? I dig thin cables!

Epro tips are nice but I must say they added some odd tuning to the midrange in all the IEMs I tried them with.
The cables are from Sin Audio, but they dont really promote them on their site.

Local dealer here makes / orders them from them. (Headphone Auditions Amsterdam)

https://www.sinaudioboutique.com/

May 24, 2024 at 12:08 PM Post #89,912 of 91,358
Yeah I read mention of that - what sort of limitations would that create?

Forget about using Campfire stuff with it and some other low impedance iems, it will alter the sound unless you use iEMatch. I remember how much one of the older Shanling daps with 5ohm output impedance affected the tonality of Andro and Solaris :frowning2: The rule of thumb is 1:8 for headphones, source OI vs impedance. I remember reading with IEMs it was about 1:5, a lower ratio than with headphones. Thus, for example, a source with a 7ohm OI should be able to drive IEMs correctly (unaltered tonality) with a 35ohm impedance and higher. If IEMs have a flat impedance curve, there is no issue, but that is going case by case.

May 24, 2024 at 12:34 PM Post #89,913 of 91,358
Admitting mistakes and fixing them is quite plausibly one of Life's Toughest Tasks.
Congrats on your progress in life, singing, the video, everything really. Please do make sure you enjoy the process even more than the result you're planning for as that makes up 95% of your success. Focussing on the other 5% is a fool's errand.

drftr

May 24, 2024 at 1:06 PM Post #89,914 of 91,358
I dig thin cables!

Then you’ll want to look into Japanese cable makers like Wagnus and Rosenkranz:

IMG_6288.jpeg

IMG_4766.jpeg

IMG_8872.jpeg

May 24, 2024 at 1:13 PM Post #89,915 of 91,358
Congrats on your progress in life, singing, the video, everything really. Please do make sure you enjoy the process even more than the result you're planning for as that makes up 95% of your success. Focussing on the other 5% is a fool's errand.

drftr
That's very encouraging professionally :).

May 24, 2024 at 1:16 PM Post #89,916 of 91,358
Then you would love Linum stuff!

The one I have for my Westone ES80 is insanely thin!

g2-music_2.jpg
Do they have anything in the higher end? Wouldn't want to compromise on SQ at all :)

May 24, 2024 at 1:18 PM Post #89,917 of 91,358
The counter 'argument' to this is that, sound quality aside, I personally switched to IEMs and DAPs to get away from having to sit at a desk to listen to music

This is 100% me. I already sit at a desk for my job but I Iove being able to get up for a break and keep my music going. I use my DAP & IEMs when I’m cooking, taking the dog for a walk, or if I’m at the park with my kids. Even when I’m working I still prefer to use my DAP & IEMs so my computer is solely used for work and nothing more. I guess I never grew out of the iPod days and just upgraded once I discovered Head-Fi.

May 24, 2024 at 1:20 PM Post #89,918 of 91,358

IMG_6288.jpeg
IMG_4766.jpeg
IMG_8872.jpeg
“Rosenkranz” that sounds really german instead of japanese 😅

May 24, 2024 at 1:42 PM Post #89,920 of 91,358

How’s that penon impact holding up today !? 👀

May 24, 2024 at 2:08 PM Post #89,921 of 91,358
Admitting mistakes and fixing them is quite plausibly one of Life's Toughest Tasks.

After two weeks of my Project #2 being live I had faced just that. I was not particularly happy with how it turned out as a whole. Thus, I have started reconsidering it and forming a picture in my mind about how I'd want it to look & most importantly, sound. So here it comes.

Project #2, Take 2.0 is now Live and I would appreciate any likes or comments, whether positive or (constructively) negative. Also, subscribe if you wish to see where this leads me next.

Dude, this is miles better! I totally get your desire to retake this one, even though it wasn't horrible in the first place, the technical perfomance on this take is greatly improved. You did the right thing.

May 24, 2024 at 3:22 PM Post #89,923 of 91,358
Would be cool to see more IEM’s look like they are made from wood, like AP, or Promission X.

I think Noble uses the technique to make those, yet not with real wood (or maybe I just dont know them). Pick a razin block and cnc the shels out if it. Instead of rasin uv models

Wood + cast metal is such a good combo for a lot of things. Now lets see it in IEM’s 😄

IMG_6593.jpeg
IMG_6592.jpeg
IMG_6591.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_6590.png
    IMG_6590.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
May 24, 2024 at 3:32 PM Post #89,925 of 91,358
If you could only own three iems, and they have to be under $500 each, which ones would you choose?
Brand new or second hand ? 😉

By the way, incredible value and really a very good (I mean a very good... ) SQ, on its own :

- Sound rhymes Sr5... Brand new. 😎

Then (better) :

- Timsok ts-316... Brand new or second hand 👌 I guess.

Then (better) :

- Fiio FH9 (with some really easy, and cheapo and very effective mods). An EA Eros S cable is a incredible advantage, but the price. Real monsters. For me a complete REVELATION. Totl level. Second hand. 😇

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back