The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Dec 12, 2023 at 5:42 AM Post #73,186 of 89,922
This is quite a strong statement 🤔
Going universal is not about don't have money to buy the CIEM version of an IEM.
I prefer universal because I can sell it again and I can use the fund for my new toys. I'm not a collector too so I don't want to have too many. Let's assume you're just joking with your statement 😉
I…wasn’t but maybe @Benno1988 was?

Dec 12, 2023 at 5:47 AM Post #73,187 of 89,922
I…wasn’t but maybe @Benno1988 was?
Yes, your statement aren't too strong. Don't worry about it 😂
Still, I find it wiser if we can just keep our preference to ourself than bashing other people's choice and end up spouting an offensive statement. Too poor to afford customs? Or too poor to afford some eartips? Both of it are valid to me 🤭

Dec 12, 2023 at 5:59 AM Post #73,188 of 89,922
The Campfire Bonneville is a ridiculously good IEM. I can't believe it's "only" $1400.

PXL_20231212_034337912.MP~2.jpg

My first impressions after an hour of listening is that it is an all-rounder pure and simple. It does female vocals exceedingly well, but it is no slouch at all with male vocals. It has a powerful bass with the right sources and tips, a very natural and coherent timbre, and a wonderfully and artfully tuned treble that eschews targets and does its own thing and the results are very, very good.

Technicalities are also particularly impressive: resolution, macro and microdynamics, and it is also wonderfully spacious with an adventurous take on imaging that generously creates images across the soundstage.

The only thing worth noting is that these IEMs are nefariously sensitive to tip rolling. More on tips I have used and how they fare, later. But a winner for sure, and price-class defining, perhaps.
How does it compare to trifecta? Do you like it almost the same? Thanks!!

Dec 12, 2023 at 6:04 AM Post #73,189 of 89,922
This is quite a strong statement 🤔
Going universal is not about don't have money to buy the CIEM version of an IEM.
I prefer universal because I can sell it again and I can use the fund for my new toys. I'm not a collector too so I don't want to have too many. Let's assume you're just joking with your statement 😉
Everyone assumed it was a joke surelyyyyy. Surelyyyyy it needed no further analysis.

Just assume everything I post is trash and the water-cooler can go back to being highly informative, insightful and cooperative.

Dec 12, 2023 at 6:06 AM Post #73,190 of 89,922
Dec 12, 2023 at 6:50 AM Post #73,191 of 89,922
Best for me not to think about that.

All I wanted is what I heard when I was a kid at the home of a high school friend I played chess with.
His father was a surgeon and headed a hospital, his system with John Coltrane and Miles Davis playing. When I started the journey I had no idea and had set a modest budget in comparison.
The apparently meaningless experiences that happen early in our lives are reflected in our later views and interests. Such phenomena are so underrated. These deeply engraved memories that carry so vividly not only WHAT happened but also PRECISELY HOW it happened and what sort of feelings we felt at that moment are of paramount importance in our self-development.

Our wallets are usually not as ecstatic about such memories, though.

I might be spouting nonsense, not sure.

Dec 12, 2023 at 7:16 AM Post #73,192 of 89,922
Being confused on Sony's product name is easily forgiven I think 🤭
Actually most of Japanese brand love to give their products a rather difficult name using alphanumeric. Are they naming a product or making a password 😂
I’m genuinely befuddled at their decision to name the successors of the WM1A and WM1Z… wait for it… WM1AM2 and WM1ZM2. Not, you know, WM2A and WM2Z?! It’s like something a comedy writer would put in a screenplay to illustrate how incompetent a company’s branding department was.

Dec 12, 2023 at 7:21 AM Post #73,193 of 89,922
I’m genuinely befuddled at their decision to name the successors of the WM1A and WM1Z… wait for it… WM1AM2 and WM1ZM2. Not, you know, WM2A and WM2Z?! It’s like something a comedy writer would put in a screenplay to illustrate how incompetent a company’s branding department was.
Well, let's just say they are good at making things and not naming it. Even Germany being kind to us with the naming of Beyerdynamic and Sennheiser product 😂🤣

Dec 12, 2023 at 7:23 AM Post #73,194 of 89,922
Someone in the 64 Audio thread liked the Volur more, are you able to compare

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the...a-technologies.826606/page-1535#post-17862270

I found Volur to be a little dull and congested sounding. Bonneville had better bass and in particular mids, which is more of an area of focus for me compared to the treble which I won’t comment on. The Volurs bass was a bit disappointing but I think it had been over sold to me going in as the YouTube crowd had been shilling the crap out of it for weeks prior to my hearing it. It’s worth pointing out that 64 Audio has a particular house sound that’s never really appealed to me, whereas I tend to jive quite well with Campfire stuff, which is well established. Volur is also like 2x the cost of Bonneville, which is a bit much imho. As with all things ymmv etc.

Dec 12, 2023 at 7:24 AM Post #73,195 of 89,922
Fiiiiiinaly arived, took some patience this one.

Ok unboxing time 😄

IMG_3858.jpeg
IMG_3857.jpeg

Dec 12, 2023 at 7:28 AM Post #73,197 of 89,922
I found Volur to be a little dull and congested sounding. Bonneville had better bass and in particular mids, which is more of an area of focus for me compared to the treble which I won’t comment on. The Volurs bass was a bit disappointing but I think it had been over sold to me going in as the YouTube crowd had been shilling the crap out of it for weeks prior to my hearing it. It’s worth pointing out that 64 Audio has a particular house sound that’s never really appealed to me, whereas I tend to jive quite well with Campfire stuff, which is well established. Volur is also like 2x the cost of Bonneville, which is a bit much imho. As with all things ymmv etc.

I think I had this same issue with Volur with perhaps overly high expectations, the 64 audio clan were hyping the bass to be the next greatest thing since the wheel and I came away leaving more impressed with the Fei Wan's dual DD bass or the Storm's BA bass implementation instead. I went back and demo'd it several times at CanJam and I just couldn't gel with it at all and found myself preferring the Nio.

Dec 12, 2023 at 7:31 AM Post #73,198 of 89,922
Fiiiiiinaly arived, took some patience this one.

Ok unboxing time 😄

IMG_3858.jpeg
IMG_3857.jpeg
Man VE knows how to make an unboxing experience, this is how it should be when you spend 4.8k

IMG_3859.jpegIMG_3860.jpeg

Dec 12, 2023 at 7:36 AM Post #73,200 of 89,922
Man VE knows how to make an unboxing experience, this is how it should be when you spend 4.8k

Looking forward to your impressions bud! These things are incredible 🔥 congratulations 🍾

Users who are viewing this thread

Back