The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Dec 12, 2023 at 7:41 AM Post #73,202 of 91,357
For me, if vocals sound muffled while basslines are playing or drums are decaying, then there's too much bleed. But if you can hear vocals (and finer instruments) clearly, without a 'veil' or dullness, while still getting the full bass presentation, then the bleed is tastefully done.
This is what I go for. Thanks for articulating it so well.

Dec 12, 2023 at 7:45 AM Post #73,203 of 91,357
Oof wait till you dive into the MrWalkman mods, you can tweak the sound so much. Also if you have a chance, try the OG Solaris & VE8 with the 1Z, my original love and some of my favourite pairings ever.
It would be interesting to see what firmware mods of MrWalkman folks here use on their WM1Z and which setting that they enjoy most with their iem(s).

Dec 12, 2023 at 7:45 AM Post #73,204 of 91,357
That's just VE things for you 😉
Always love their packaging and waiting for how VE X package gonna look like even though I don't want to buy one 🤣
I see a few people putting VE X over Aura and some putting aura over ve x .. I’m sorry, but for me I can’t see anything beating Aura in the market today when it comes to a combination of resolution and sweet musical timbre 🔥❤️

Dec 12, 2023 at 7:54 AM Post #73,205 of 91,357
I found Volur to be a little dull and congested sounding. Bonneville had better bass and in particular mids, which is more of an area of focus for me compared to the treble which I won’t comment on. The Volurs bass was a bit disappointing but I think it had been over sold to me going in as the YouTube crowd had been shilling the crap out of it for weeks prior to my hearing it. It’s worth pointing out that 64 Audio has a particular house sound that’s never really appealed to me, whereas I tend to jive quite well with Campfire stuff, which is well established. Volur is also like 2x the cost of Bonneville, which is a bit much imho. As with all things ymmv etc.
A few weeks ago I asked you a question about your assessment of the Volur, and you kindly answered. I mentioned I'd try it and you asked me to post about what I thought afterwards. I did get to try it. So, my experience with it jibes with what you wrote here. Congested sounding, particularly the mids. The bass was nice. Overall I wasn't into them. You wrote "That said people who are saying that the Volur is "u12t plus DD bass"...well maybe they're onto something but that's never been a particular ideal of mine so there's that." FWIW I didn't find that at all, to my ear they're nothing like the u12t.

Dec 12, 2023 at 8:01 AM Post #73,206 of 91,357
Fiiiiiinaly arived, took some patience this one.

Ok unboxing time 😄

IMG_3858.jpeg
IMG_3857.jpeg
So im listening to the Vision Ears Aura with the Effect Audio Chiron Nova………

❤️

This is the real deal you guys.

Love at first sound

I hope more people get to experience it.

Rumble,
Slam,
Emotion,
Details,
(To me) correct Timbre
Not the biggest, but realistic soundstage

First impressions ofc (20 min lol) so take it for what you want. But this thing deserves all the credit and attention it can get.

Dec 12, 2023 at 8:10 AM Post #73,207 of 91,357
I see a few people putting VE X over Aura and some putting aura over ve x .. I’m sorry, but for me I can’t see anything beating Aura in the market today when it comes to a combination of resolution and sweet musical timbre 🔥❤️
Wish I could listen to the Aura, hopefully CJ SG next year 🥲

VEX is easily the best IEM i’ve ever heard for my tastes.

Dec 12, 2023 at 8:11 AM Post #73,208 of 91,357
You might change your mind after you've heard it! 🙂
We'll see about that. I have the chance to demo VE X and E12 this week when I go to Jakarta 😉
I've never been a fans of VE tuning. Well maybe Elysium is likeable if it isn't because of that massive nozzle and those big shell. I can't use it more than 10 minutes so I end up selling it even though I love their box and how it looks 🥲
Last time I tried VE IEM's is Phönix and EXT. While Phönix is waayy more ergonomics to me when compared to Elysium, I find the tuning is quite fatiguing due too resolving and in the face sounding. I prefer the EXT tuning, maybe because it's like Elysium but still has the same problem with a big and weird nozzle ☹️

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2023 at 8:14 AM Post #73,209 of 91,357
So im listening to the Vision Ears Aura with the Effect Audio Chiron Nova………

❤️

This is the real deal you guys.

Love at first sound

I hope more people get to experience it.

Rumble,
Slam,
Emotion,
Details,
(To me) correct Timbre
Not the biggest, but realistic soundstage

First impressions ofc (20 min lol) so take it for what you want. But this thing deserves all the credit and attention it can get.
IMG_3317.jpeg

Feeling inspired lol Aura truly is one of my favorite sets of all time currently sitting at the top for me . Such an incredible set I’m happy to see @Simpeler enjoying it 🔥👍🏼

Dec 12, 2023 at 8:17 AM Post #73,210 of 91,357
We'll see about that. I have the chance to demo VE X and E12 this week when I go to Jakarta 😉
I've never been a fans of VE tuning. Well maybe Elysium is likeable if it isn't because of that massive nozzle and those big shell. I can't use it more than 10 minutes so I end up selling it even though I love their box and how it looks 🥲
Last time I tried VE IEM's is Phönix and EXT. While Phönix is waayy more ergonomics to me when compared to Elysium, I find the tuning is quite fatiguing due too resolving and in the face sounding. I prefer the EXT tuning, maybe because it's like Elysium but still has the same problem with a big and weird nozzle ☹️
I have a feeling aura would change your mind a lot on how you feel about VE the tuning on aura is down right gorgeous :)

Dec 12, 2023 at 8:17 AM Post #73,211 of 91,357
The shape and nozzle is about the same as the phonix, just thicker shell (but not by much).

Its less warm then the phonix, though still a tat bit romantic. Gives every detail without being fatigued (but that is personal).
To me its a more relaxed listen. Especially to iems like the Odin

Dec 12, 2023 at 8:20 AM Post #73,212 of 91,357
IMG_3317.jpeg
Feeling inspired lol Aura truly is one of my favorite sets of all time currently sitting at the top for me . Such an incredible set I’m happy to see @Simpeler enjoying it 🔥👍🏼
I see you use the same tips as I do 😄💪

Dec 12, 2023 at 8:21 AM Post #73,214 of 91,357
The shape and nozzle is about the same as the phonix, just thicker shell (but not by much).

Its less warm then the phonix, though still a tat bit romantic. Gives every detail without being fatigued (but that is personal).
Agreed . And when I did a side-by-side with phoenix the aura was a more comfortable fit for sure and really appreciated the vents due to the double DD so there’s no pressure buildup

Dec 12, 2023 at 8:24 AM Post #73,215 of 91,357

Phönix counts as a warm IEM? I think I pick a wrong eartips or maybe a wrong cable that time 😂
Using my OrphyS and Spiral Dot++ when I tried it on my N30 with H Gain and hyper mode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back