The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Oct 3, 2023 at 4:29 PM Post #65,521 of 87,800
So who's actually spent some quality time with the Fei Wan? What sound signature to expect with this one?

Like a Jewel with more energy in the bass and highs. Too much energy up top for me personally, I found it quite fatiguing.

Oct 3, 2023 at 4:38 PM Post #65,522 of 87,800
Anyone else feeling the post-partum CanJam depression? I'm back to having nobody to discuss gear with other than my cats, and the prospet of going to work tomorrow is not appealing.

Only 4+ months till CanJam NYC... I'm already counting days :D

Oct 3, 2023 at 4:42 PM Post #65,523 of 87,800
Only 4+ months till CanJam NYC... I'm already counting days :D

1696365735880.gif

Oct 3, 2023 at 4:45 PM Post #65,524 of 87,800

Actually 5 months of waiting, since you just mentioned earlier about the beginning of March. Didn't realize they moved it from a traditional end of February :D

Oct 3, 2023 at 4:47 PM Post #65,525 of 87,800
Actually 5 months of waiting, since you just mentioned earlier about the beginning of March. Didn't realize they moved it from a traditional end of February :D
Damn, that feels like an eternity 🥲

Oct 3, 2023 at 4:48 PM Post #65,526 of 87,800

This is one of the reasons I can actually make it now if all goes well! It normally always falls on my brother's birthday weekend. Lol.

Oct 3, 2023 at 5:17 PM Post #65,528 of 87,800
Also just to add on to the discussion, I am now considering purchasing the Fitear DC Ti or the Creator (universal DC Ti). Jaben HK told me that The Creator is to arrive late December and DC Ti takes 3 months on average to make, so I am leaning towards waiting for the universal. DC Ti is probably the closest to a full HP experience I have heard from an IEM with an outrageously large soundstage and precise imaging. Bass is one of the best I have heard and overall it is probably the best musical all rounder for me suitable for all genres.
I really think that the wait is worth it for the DC Ti, not only it's excellent as you said and I agree on the bass being the best I've heard but they are also the most comfortable CIEM and IUEM I have ever had.

1696367854910.png

Oct 3, 2023 at 5:51 PM Post #65,529 of 87,800
Not sure if this was mentioned previously but nice to see that CFA gives you the option to opt for a black shell color on any of the new Chromatic series IEMs.

IMG_4073.jpeg
Bonneville definitely on my radar after reading @Rockwell75 impressions.

Oct 3, 2023 at 6:46 PM Post #65,530 of 87,800
Anyone else feeling the post-partum CanJam depression? I'm back to having nobody to discuss gear with other than my cats, and the prospet of going to work tomorrow is not appealing.
Yeah, feeling the same...post CanJam letdown is a real thing.
CanJam was a much needed mental break for me. I'm glad that I got to try all the gear I could stand to listen to and meet some fellow Coolers in the process. This thread is best! Thank you @Rockwell75 & @HiFiHawaii808!

This CanJam was a much needed break for me as well, but now definitely back to the real world. Too bad we couldn't take the blue pill and return to CanJam :ksc75smile:

In the meantime, at least we can escape into the music from our audio gear. And for those that purchased anything, anticipate the arrival of new gear. :beerchug:

Dang. I was hoping this would be end of February. Close friend is getting married on March 9th. Bummer.

Have them stream it and you can watch it on your phone at CanJam. I've seen people stream sports at a wedding. :smile:

Oct 3, 2023 at 6:48 PM Post #65,531 of 87,800
So who's actually spent some quality time with the Fei Wan? What sound signature to expect with this one?

I listened to it for about twenty minutes at CanJam. It’s definitely an interesting listen.

It’s got a thick lower-midrange with a lot of mid-bass. The pinna notch and upper-midrange is generally relaxed, then the treble has a strong upper-treble focus which gives the treble a feathery character. Basically, these tuning decisions make it sound quite dynamic and detailed despite the thick midrange.

But the execution of the tonality isn’t really optimal IMO. It doesn’t sound outright bad, but the treble could definitely be too much for some listeners and the lower mids are way too bloated.

Oct 3, 2023 at 7:07 PM Post #65,532 of 87,800
I listened to it for about twenty minutes at CanJam. It’s definitely an interesting listen.

It’s got a thick lower-midrange with a lot of mid-bass. The pinna notch and upper-midrange is generally relaxed, then the treble has a strong upper-treble focus which gives the treble a feathery character. Basically, these tuning decisions make it sound quite dynamic and detailed despite the thick midrange.

But the execution of the tonality isn’t really optimal IMO. It doesn’t sound outright bad, but the treble could definitely be too much for some listeners and the lower mids are way too bloated.
Do you happen to have a favorite new set at the show?

Oct 3, 2023 at 7:48 PM Post #65,534 of 87,800

That’s good news for us who have to travel as the weather is generally better in March.

@DraconicNerd from the Effect Audio Insta.

IMG_7481.jpeg

Oct 3, 2023 at 8:52 PM Post #65,535 of 87,800
After spending hours back-and-forth with aura and annihilator it’s not even even close aura is on a whole other level of resolution and clarity

Than Annihilator?? What are you driving them with?

I'm not challenging your perceptions I'm just...surprised.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back