The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Oct 3, 2023 at 10:28 AM Post #65,491 of 89,278
Oct 3, 2023 at 10:30 AM Post #65,492 of 89,278
I tried to try it, but as with so many IEMs at CanJam, it doesn't fit for me :disappointed:
It's a prototype and fit can be an issue at times but I am hearing good things about it and as an owner of Singularity, I am really looking forward to buying this IEM when it is launched in Q2 of 2024.

Oct 3, 2023 at 10:38 AM Post #65,493 of 89,278
Oct 3, 2023 at 11:05 AM Post #65,494 of 89,278
So I spent my weekend trying out most of the AK, Fiio, & some older Shanling DAPs. One Cayin (N8ii) & no iBasso & Hiby to try though sadly.
Shanlings were too bassy. AK's treble killed my ears & most of the Fiios were too thin and again, sharp treble (for me).
I only liked the N8ii (delicious tube warmth & pleasant treble) & M15 (full bodied, rolled off treble) which I actually ended up getting by trading up a bunch of old gear which was neat.

Also tried the Final e5000s for the first time and wow that warmth & comfort. These puppies are hard to drive, needed 50 on high gain vs 35 on low gain with VE8 lol.
This also got me thinking, does anyone have experience with the e5000 & Xe6? (yes they're at vastly different price points) though from what I've read Xe6 seems to have that delicious warmth I love as well, not sure if I am able to demo them here. Kind of regret not looking when I was in SG last month.

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2023 at 11:18 AM Post #65,495 of 89,278
Oct 3, 2023 at 11:18 AM Post #65,496 of 89,278
So I spent my weekend trying out most of the AK, Fiio, & some older Shanling DAPs. One Cayin (N8ii) & no iBasso & Hiby to try though sadly.
Shanlings were too bassy. AK's treble killed my ears & most of the Fiios were too thin and again, sharp treble (for me).
I only liked the N8ii (delicious tube warmth & pleasant treble) & M15 (full bodied, rolled off treble) which I actually ended up getting by trading up a bunch of old gear which was neat.

Also tried the Final e5000s for the first time and wow that warmth & comfort. These puppies are hard to drive, needed 50 on high gain vs 35 on low gain with VE8 lol.
This also got me thinking, does anyone have experience with the e5000 & Xe6? (yes they're at vastly different price points) though from what I've read Xe6 seems to have that delicious warmth I love as well, not sure if I am able to demo them here. Kind of regret not looking when I was in SG last month.
E5000 and Xe6 are my 2 bass sets lol both hit like a buss great choices

Oct 3, 2023 at 2:16 PM Post #65,498 of 89,278
Hey all. Looking for some advice. I tried to purchase Traifecta from CFA website. I see the charge on my PayPal. But 3 days later I don’t have any correspondence from CFA, no order number, no shipping detail. I called their phone on Monday, it went to voicemail. I left a message. No return call as of today, Wednesday. I left a second message, no reply. I sent two emails without a reply. At this point I’m just trying to cancel the order. I just placed the order with Bloom since they have free overnight shipping. Does anyone have any suggestions how to reach this company? I also sent a PM to Ken yesterday, awaiting a reply. I’m scratching my head at this point.
Haha! These are standard business practices in this industry :)

I even thought of preparing a writeup summary on this topic asking you guys about your strategies of coping with this.

As some of you have seen I'm a rather bigger than smaller spender with audio stuff and I still get treated like *sheit* by distributors and companies -- so frankly your experience unfortunately doesn't surprise me at all.

This is the way things go in businesses when they earn too much money and get slack or burnt out imo.

That's also why in the future years I'm thinking of focusing on smaller unhyped innovative brands. Like Soranik here or the Ambient Acoustics that I'm constantly shilling.

Oct 3, 2023 at 2:38 PM Post #65,499 of 89,278
Haha! These are standard business practices in this industry :)

I even thought of preparing a writeup summary on this topic asking you guys about your strategies of coping with this.

As some of you have seen I'm a rather bigger than smaller spender with audio stuff and I still get treated like *sheit* by distributors and companies -- so frankly your experience unfortunately doesn't surprise me at all.

This is the way things go in businesses when they earn too much money and get slack or burnt out imo.

That's also why in the future years I'm thinking of focusing on smaller unhyped innovative brands. Like Soranik here or the Ambient Acoustics that I'm constantly shilling.
Man I tell ya some of em are so complacent you can't tell em shiet. They do whatever they want with ya. I suspect this website has been a part of giving em bargaining power as well as someone else that's been mentioned, a known reviewer with mostly useless 4-star rating reviews. But as you yourself mentioned in your post about CIEMs for example, they don't even wanna bother when they can milk the $ through UIEMs

Oct 3, 2023 at 2:40 PM Post #65,500 of 89,278
After spending hours back-and-forth with aura and annihilator it’s not even even close aura is on a whole other level of resolution and clarity making everything else I listen to sound veiled or dead each one of my totl iems on their own sound incredible but when a/b for hour it’s clear as day aura is in a new league.. not trying to sound like a shill but these are my honest findings the fact that no one else can see this is head scratching to me but maybe I’m alone here 😅 A/B needs to be done more often truly surprising what the auras are doing here

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2023 at 2:42 PM Post #65,501 of 89,278
See what we got this morning!
20231003_120045.jpg

MusicTeck Stay updated on MusicTeck at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/MusicTeckStore https://www.musicteck.com/ info@musicteck.com
Oct 3, 2023 at 2:49 PM Post #65,504 of 89,278
Dang. I was hoping this would be end of February. Close friend is getting married on March 9th. Bummer.
Tell them to change their wedding date :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Oct 3, 2023 at 2:50 PM Post #65,505 of 89,278
After spending hours back-and-forth with aura and annihilator it’s not even even close aura is on a whole other level of resolution and clarity making everything else I listen to sound veiled or dead each one of my totl iems on their own sound incredible but when a/b for hour it’s clear as day aura is in a new league.. not trying to sound like a shill but these are my honest findings the fact that no one else can see this is head scratching to me but maybe I’m alone here 😅 A/B needs to be done more often truly surprising what the auras are doing here
Hmm interesting....while Aura is undoubtly a highly resolving set (I mean it is a doppelganger PLE so it has to be resolving), it is nowhere near the clarity of the Annihilator especially due to its brighter tuning and emphasised treble. Not to mention Annihilator's superior soundstage and imaging. YMMV of course.

The Annihilator does need a stupid amount of power to drive and shine though. Probably the most power hungry IEM next to the DC Ti. For Aura I am on like 25 on Low Gain on my N30LE :joy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back