The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Aug 2, 2023 at 3:53 PM Post #62,326 of 89,794
So a company is going to produce a $1300 IEM, flagship level, and you're saying they're going to pair it with a cable that's not very "clean?"

Do you guys honestly believe this stuff?
They are a cable manufacturer first and foremost and they offered an upgrade cable from day one 😇

Aug 2, 2023 at 3:55 PM Post #62,327 of 89,794
So a company is going to produce a $1300 IEM, flagship level, and you're saying they're going to pair it with a cable that's not very "clean?"

I wasn't soliciting any opinions on the matter

Aug 2, 2023 at 3:57 PM Post #62,328 of 89,794
I ordered it with the 4-wire Vanguard which I hope positively impacts the resolution/technicalities.

What cables do you recommend with the Singularity?
I have the Nightjar Bifrost and it's an excellent quality cable. I don't want to get into the debate, but they really make a great product. I would not stress until you hear it anyway.

Aug 2, 2023 at 3:58 PM Post #62,329 of 89,794

You obviously haven't seen / heard the cable that the 64 audio IEM's used to come with....
Or the Aroma Jewel for that matter....

Aug 2, 2023 at 4:09 PM Post #62,331 of 89,794
It really depends on the cable. The stock cable is not very clean.
Blotmouse, what cable do you use/recommend for Singularity?

Aug 2, 2023 at 4:10 PM Post #62,332 of 89,794
I ordered it with the 4-wire Vanguard which I hope positively impacts the resolution/technicalities.

What cables do you recommend with the Singularity?
I had to go look up what cable I received and it looks like Vanguard (Stock Cable - OE Multi-Plug)
Whether or not you like it or not is unknown. Everyone has their own listening vocabulary, abilities, experience, and preferences.
Could be just fine. Personally I was on the fence about selling the iem. Then started rolling cables and landed on Venom as my saving grace. Fixed all the issues I was having.
But those tuning and texture issues are most likely mine alone. I can say confidently it cleaned up the resolving capabilities of the iem though. You can tell its quite detailed but needed a windshield wiper to let them sing.

Blotmouse, what cable do you use/recommend for Singularity?
I don't have the worlds largest collection of high end cables to chose from but from what I had, it was Venom that took the gold. Maybe a super nice PWaudio would do something similar. But there is a very unique character to Venom that seems it wouldn't be the same with just another high end cable upgrade. Hopefully more folks will try other pairings and report back. Seems like its quite sensitive to tweaking.

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2023 at 4:13 PM Post #62,333 of 89,794
Thank you blot mouse.

Aug 2, 2023 at 4:42 PM Post #62,335 of 89,794
Forgot this was the discussion forum where you buy things because the company selling them told you it was better.

Carry on.
That's like literally the antithesis of this forum. We buy things because we each tell each other what is better.

Aug 2, 2023 at 6:45 PM Post #62,337 of 89,794
Hey guys
If Ragnar and Xe6 had a baby would you guys say it’s rn6 or is that too far off?
Really curious because I own both and would want something that’s tuning wise right in the middle of them! I truly enjoy both as how they are don’t get me wrong. It’s just an idea or fantasy I had if these two were combined what would closely result out of it.
And there’s no place better to ask this kind of question I guess. So this goes to the folks who had the opportunity to hear them!
TIA
Realistically, you’re describing Ronin very well, I’d say it falls in between being quite technical but also bodacious in weight à la XE6.

But I also prefer what other member said regarding Annihilator — it’s world class and scales even higher if you drive it with more power

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Aug 2, 2023 at 7:20 PM Post #62,338 of 89,794
Invent new metaphor please. Isn’t it tiresome to use one again and again?

But it’s fine if that’s the best you can come up with. Must be hard.

Aug 2, 2023 at 7:40 PM Post #62,339 of 89,794
:laughing: :laughing: Honestly made me laugh out loud, thank you sir.
No one here cares if either of you are cable believers or not. This is a community much like a family in that everything is welcome to be discussed here as long as it’s not finger pointing, condemning, hateful, or dictating. Like a family, not everyone always gets along or shares/values the same things but because it’s a very unique community we share a common bond of respect. If we all treat each others thoughts, impressions with respect there is no need to laugh at or put down others right to opinion. Just like I wouldn’t oppose your opinion however I do oppose the blanketed statements lacking respect.

Would you walk into a strangers house and just start announcing your beliefs onto a family and then laugh and point when it’s not welcomed?! You would most likely get asked to leave.

Conversations are welcomed. Grandstanding will unfortunately only continue the cycle of who's right and who’s wrong instead of conversations on how one thinks and perceives. The world has enough separation.

Aug 2, 2023 at 7:41 PM Post #62,340 of 89,794
I pair my Trifecta with Centurion and by all means it is worthy of many, many hours of enjoyable listening. Especially paired with an R2R DAP like LP and you are in for the listening experience you desire. The Centurion tends to make Trifecta sound even more analog and tames some of the edges. Like decanting wine...takes the edges off those first tastes. I bought mine in March and haven't looked back...until this Rn6 came along with Orpheus.....But I'm thinking this is what I now want both Trifecta and Rn6. I have them flowing through the Phatlab Phantasy tube amp and I feel like I don't listen to any of my previous UM models or the Bird or EXT. I remember seeing a Centurion in the ads recently, and it has my full endorsement with Trifecta.

Can confirm. The feedback from Trifecta + Centurion was what made me go gold plated silver for my custom cable. Suffice to say I'm not disappointed.

69A1D80B-2A0A-4FF1-9284-61B2B893E210 2.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back