The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Aug 3, 2023 at 4:27 AM Post #62,357 of 91,343
Random photo of the peerless DAP.

IMG_2668.jpeg

Aug 3, 2023 at 5:18 AM Post #62,359 of 91,343
I figured you guys might be interested in some photos of the Moondrop Solis 2 (can't find any other photos online so I took some asap):

IMG_5581.jpg

IMG_5585.jpg

IMG_5587.jpg

The cable's quite nice:

IMG_5614.jpg
IMG_5672.jpg

and those who would like to see the frequency response measurements (treble extension is better than the graph suggests, it's good to ~15.5 kHz):

graph.png

Aug 3, 2023 at 5:27 AM Post #62,360 of 91,343
I figured you guys might be interested in some photos of the Moondrop Solis 2 (can't find any other photos online so I took some asap):

The cable's quite nice:

and those who would like to see the frequency response measurements (treble extension is better than the graph suggests, it's good to ~15.5 kHz):

It looks like a render even though it's a physical item. Neat design.

Aug 3, 2023 at 5:33 AM Post #62,361 of 91,343
Random photo of the peerless DAP.

Does it pair well with the Trifecta?

I auditioned the Trifecta 3 days but could not get over the sibelance. Butchered some live metallica tracks. But this was with the lotoo paw touch gold titanium.

The design of the trifecta, makes me want them though 😅 eye candy

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2023 at 6:31 AM Post #62,362 of 91,343

The cable's quite nice:

Channel matching seems to be outstanding.
Can you elaborate on the sound?

Aug 3, 2023 at 7:17 AM Post #62,363 of 91,343
Channel matching seems to be outstanding.
Can you elaborate on the sound?
I'm still testing it out but early impressions are positive. It's the best example of Moondrop's house sound- warm and neutral tonality. The net effect is an extremely smooth sound with excellent timbre for EST tribrids, the headphones equivalent for me would be DCA Stealth with more dynamics. The graphs might indicate it gets dark real quick but it seems to be a measurement artifact since I was able to hear up to ~15.5 kHz just fine. Not the best treble extension and neither is this necessarily for bassheads without EQ but it's highly resolving and pleasant to listen to.

Aug 3, 2023 at 7:51 AM Post #62,364 of 91,343
I‘m wondering if stacking the Tsuranagi and the DAP doesn’t force too much on both line in / out ports due to the Brise Yatono Ultimate interconnect particular rigidity ?
Seeing your pics made me remember that when I tested the Tsu i was a bit afraid of that rigidity combined with Tsu’s line in tendency to move a bit.
You feel it’s ok ?

That is a valid concern. The Yatono 8W is on the stiffer side. When it was brand new it made a crinkly sound. It has loosened up a bit since. It exerts a mild force on the line in but I think it's ok.

Nate in a few weeks:

Haha. Not quite there yet! I wonder what his set up is like now.

Nice! You have a GOAT VN collection!

I use this bag for my on-the-go setup. It can store up to three daps. I then attach one or two headphone pouches to store headphones.

Nice case 👍. Shoulder straps are underrated. One of the reasons I reach for the Eletech Astute more than the Luxe.

I like how Van Nueys has a creation for almost anything porti-fi. Will be sure to visit the store when I visit Japan.

Aug 3, 2023 at 8:41 AM Post #62,365 of 91,343

IMG_5581.jpg
IMG_5585.jpg
IMG_5587.jpg

The cable's quite nice:

IMG_5614.jpg IMG_5672.jpg

graph.png
Looking forward to seeing end-users' pics of this iem... because until finding out the actual asking price, I thought these were a sub $100 Chi-fi IEM.... Oops

Real silver housing, an audiophiles dream lol. Measurements look promising, another candidate set for reference sound.

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Aug 3, 2023 at 8:43 AM Post #62,366 of 91,343
Looking forward to seeing end-users' pics of this iem... because until finding out the actual asking price, I thought these were a sub $100 Chi-fi IEM.... Oops

Real silver housing, an audiophiles dream lol. Measurements look promising, another candidate set for reference sound.
Those are my photos though. Did you mean more like phone pics in different lighting?

Aug 3, 2023 at 9:23 AM Post #62,367 of 91,343
Does it pair well with the Trifecta?

I auditioned the Trifecta 3 days but could not get over the sibelance. Butchered some live metallica tracks. But this was with the lotoo paw touch gold titanium.

The design of the trifecta, makes me want them though 😅 eye candy
Outstanding with the Trifecta!
I have tried it with different DAPs but prefer it with the WM1ZM2.

I do have to say I hated the Trifecta first time I heard it on an AK DAP.

I disliked it the second time on the DX300.

Third time on the Sony I was like, wth, why am I liking it so much? Its supposed to have an objectionable frequency response! As for treble, on the this particular listen, I would say it was on the right side of present without being strident.

Over a few listens, after I purchased it, during the course of a couple of days, it became entirely tolerable and increasingly becoming exciting in its spice.

Brain burn-in I would say. 🔥

Funny you mention Metallica: I adore Metallica on it. In fact, it may become my Metallica IEM. The riffs on And Justice for All sound so euphorically heavy!

And I agree that they look nice (albeit somewhat phallic). 😊

IMG_2492.jpeg

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2023 at 9:54 AM Post #62,368 of 91,343
Those are my photos though. Did you mean more like phone pics in different lighting?
I really think those IEMs + your pro black background create an eerie effect with how the shell's finish reflects light. I think Sennheiser wanted to achieve something similar with the IE900 finish bit failed, imo.

Aug 3, 2023 at 10:23 AM Post #62,369 of 91,343
Random question - if anyone is using their DAP as a USB DAC off their computer or streamer - have you found that the USB cable matters? I have always found that it did when I was running my SOtM streamer into my Holo DAC - but I'm not sure with DAPs. Anyone tried the Brise Audio USB cables in this configuration? I tried a DDHifi one and it sounded terrible compared to my Caldigit cable. Like really bad. The Caldigit doesn't seem to affect the sound in any way, which is good. Thanks

Aug 3, 2023 at 10:40 AM Post #62,370 of 91,343

Users who are viewing this thread

Back